FM10: The Official Sheffield Wednesday Thread

Wild182

sheffield-wednesday.png

Sheffield Wednesday FC

Sheffield Wednesday were founded in 1867 and are one of the oldest professional football clubs in the World, they are also the fifth oldest in the English League.

The club has won four league titles, 3 FA Cups and 1 League Cup. The last major trophy to be won was the League Cup in 1991 against Manchester United. They lost in both the FA and League Cup finals in 1993 to Arsenal.

The clubs nickname is the Owls, and their main rivals are from across the city, Sheffield United. Other rivals include Rotherham, Barnsley, and Chesterfield.

The Squad:

Goalkeepers

Lee Grant

Richard O'Donnell

Aaron Jameson

Defenders

Richard Wood

Mark Beevers

Tommy Spurr

Frank Simek

Richard Hinds

Lewis Buxton

Darren Purse (Captain)

Midfielders

James O'Connor

Sean McAllister

Tommy Miller

Jermaine Johnson

Etienne Esajas

Darren Potter

Rocky Lekaj

Luke Boden

Strikers

Akpo Sodje

Francis Jeffers

Marcus Tudgay

Leon Clarke

Luke Varney (Loan)

Transfer Budget: £0

Key Players

The Key Players for your team are going to be:

Defence: Tommy Spurr

Midfield: Darren Potter

Attack: Marcus Tudgay

You will be reliant on selling players to raise funds to bring players in, or by relying on free transfers.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 1 Summary.

I started by selling Leon Clarke and Francis Jeffers, Clarke cos hes rubbish, and Jeffers to get his £9k a week wages off the bill and free some room for some free transfers. I got about 160k from these 2 (100k for clarke, 60k for jeffers) but didn't spend a penny of it.

I jumped straight into the free transfer market and picked up Michael Mifsud, Rudi Skacel, Dejan Stefanovic, and Luka Senicanin

I then got Nacer Barazite and John Bostock in on season long loans.

I went for the first 9 games unbeaten, somehow, and ended up in 4th place, I ended up in the playoff positions for around the first 25 games. then after 30 games I couldn't buy a win for a period and had a big struggle for points towards the end of the season.

I finished the season in 8th.

Played 46, Won 19, Drew 14, Lost 13, Scored 83 (4th highest in league), Conceeded 67, 71 Points

My team for the majority of the season was.

......................Grant

Simek.......Hinds........Beevers.......Spurr

Barazite...Bostock......Miller/Potter....Skacel

.............Tudgay........Mifsud

Hinds and Beevers had really good seasons.

Miller and Potter again were great, ended up being my Midfield pairing for alot of the backend of the season, though Bostock was always having a look in too.

I was happy with my strike partnership, though when I had Varney he scored 10 in 23 but Derby wouldn't give me him back on loan.

Tudgay. Played 36 (3) Goals 19 Avg Rating 7.14

Mifsud. Played 33 (10) Goals 20 Avg Rating 7.03

Hopefully I can build on next season, though with no money its going to have to be more free signings.

Cheers!

Have signed Viduka and camara on frees, shpiped out jeffers(well worth doing, frees up 9k wages!!!), sodje and clarke. desperateley need some wingers!

Did the exact same thing.

Although things got tight and I sold tudgay he wasnt doing too good for me. Ipswich offered 2.9million I couldnt refuse. Replaced him with Emad Motaeb for 160k and has been a more than able replacement

Despite my earlier post. Life is becoming increasingly difficult at Sheff Wed, like one of the earlier posts mentioned the start of the season was fantastic won first 8 games unbeaten in 10. Now at 42 games gone and only won 6 more in last 32 games. Were in a slump I dont know how to get out of, the tactics that started out so promising tight defense and scoring 2.4 goals a game on average are now shipping around 3 goals a game and scoring less than 1.

What tactics did you employ in the second half of the season? with such tight finances its difficult to bring anyone in of any real quality. I think ill be happy to be top half this first season and depending on some sales and freeing up some wages do a complete rebuild next season.

I didn't employ any different tactics towards the back end of the season, like you say, I had not lost in first 9, and didnt conceed, then my problem was shipping 3 goals a game, especially conceeding in the first 10 minutes, I just rode it out, I was still winning every 1 in 4 ish and drawing 1 or 2 here or there, but I just rode it out and my form picked back up, I was just changing defenders in and out, changed my defensive line about 5 times before it stuck again for a few games.

Your best bet is too go back to basics.

Maybe change some players from support to defend and from attack to support.

In these situations you need to grind out scrappy wins or draws look to counter the teams stronger then you.

Once you start picking up an unbeaten run morale will improve and you can look to attack a bit more.

Hey guy's started unemployed and was offered the Sheff Wed job at the end of October.

After a shocking start 4 - 0 loss away to Bristol C, i've now steadied the ship and pushed us up to 14th and I'm now nearly in March.

My record so far in the league is:

Played 18 Won 9 D 5 L 4 GS 31 GC 25

Henri Camera has been my only signing and he has been a beast 13 goals from 16 games.

We look safe for this season so I'm now starting to identify my targets for next season.

Below is my assessment of the squad, I'd appreciate some feedback just in case I'm about to sell\release a hidden gem

Retained: *

Lee Grant *

Lewis Buxton *

Tommy Spurr *

Mark Beevers *

Sean McAllister *

Jermaine Johnson *

Marcus Tudgay *

Henri Camera *

Unsure: +

Frank Simek +

Richard Hinds +

Richard Wood +

Kenny Pavey +

James O'Conner +

Tommy Miller +

Darren Potter +

Luke Boden +

Etienne Esajas +

Leon Clarke +

Akpo Sodje +

Will be sold\released: -

Michael Gray -

Darren Purse -

Khalilou Fadiga -

I'd definietely keep hold of Hinds, hes a star in my game! Frank Simek is worth keeping aswell and so is Wood, especially if you've released purse.. I'd also keep Potter and Miller, aswell as Boden as he improved alot on my game

Thanks Wild182.

Hinds was injured when I took over and will miss the rest of the season so wasn't able to see what he's like. Simek and Woods have been brilliant recently so I will be keeping them. I like Tommy Miller he does well for me but 6k is alot for a squad rotation player.

I'll keep Boden and see how he turns out, been a bit hit and miss but that could be because of his age.

The main thing that concerns me is the lack of pace at the back, all of the Defenders seem to be similiar.

I like to have one quick defender to sweep and cover and the other to be big and strong in the air and in the tackle.

It's one of the area's I need to improve come the end of the season.

I play Tudgay with the Trequesteria (spelling) setting and Henri C with the Advanced Foward setting.

Both of em are banging in the goals for me.

I've got Potter as a Ball Winning Midfielder, might try him as the deep lying playmaker then.

Cheers Jimbo, just played my first game of the season....beat Barnsley 4-2 and Tudgay bagged 3 playing as Advanced forward alongside target man Sodje who got 1....although when Varney is fully fit, i will probably play Tudgay as Targetman with Varney as advanced.

Tudgay scores alot of headers with me with his late dashes into the box.

Sodje has been quite poor for me.

I personally would let Varney go back to Derby to free up some wages and get Henri Camera.

You won't regret it, although if you're a Sheff Wed fan I would understand if you didn't wish to sign him.

I finished 11th in the end. I had a slim chance to make the playoffs but only won one of my last 7 games and missed out by 11 points.

Had quite a drastic overhaul of players in the summer, hoping to be around top 8 with this team.

In:

Delron Buckley £0 (Anorthosi) *AML

Laryea Kingston £0 (Hearts) *DM\AMC

Ryan Bertrand £0 (Chelsea) *DL\ML

Michal Zewlakow £0 (Olympiakos) *DRLC

Jonas Kamper £0 (Bielefeld) *AMR

Jay Simpson Season long loan (Arsenal) *AMR\SC

Febian Brandy (unattached) *SC

Richard Cresswell (Unattached) *SC

David Stockdale (Unattached) *GK

Patrick Van Aanholt Season long loan (Chelsea) *DM\MC

Borja (Unattached) *DM\MC

Wesley Foderingham (Unattached) *GK

Out:

Michael Gray (released)

Francis Jeffers (Released)

Aaron Jameson (released)

Khalliou Fadiga (Released)

Leon Clarke (Released)

Akpo Sodje (Released)

Charlie Tunnard (Released)

Nick Wood (Released)

Darren Purse £0 (Swansea)

Tommy Miller £0 (Dundee)

Jermaine Johnson £700k (Swansea)

James O'Conner £40k (Millwall)

Nathan Modest Season long loan (Luton)

Rocky Lekaj Season long loan (Shrewsbury)

Just started as the owls. First step - trimming back unnecessary players.

OUT

F Jeffers - Blackpool £100k

L Clarke - Derby £200k

A Sodje - Peterborough £200k

L Varney - Loan terminated

R Wood - Coventry 700k

IN

V Weiss - Man City short term loan deal (paying £0 p/w)

R Murphy - Arsenal season long loan deal (paying £0 p/w)

I'm going for a 4-4-1-1

GK Grant

DL Spur

DC Hinds

DC Beevers

DR Simek

MR Johnson/Tudgay

MC O'connor

MC Miller

ML Esajas

AMC Weiss

ST Murphy

2-0 win against Barnsley (goals from Miller and Murphy) was followed by a 4-0 win in the League Cup away at Grimsby (Miller, Boden and 2 own goals). I'm not really venturing too much into the transfer market just yet. The funds accumulated from the sales of players is mainly being used to ease a decent backroom staff set up away from the top clubs to replace the empty seats left by staff who I mutually terminated contracts with.

Anyone still playing with Wednesday?

I'm in my second season and Spurr has just handed in a transfer request stating he wants to leave for a bigger club.

I have accepted a bid of 2.5M from newly promoted Newcastle.

Who can I sign as a replacement?

I require either a CB or a RB and have a million to spend.

I could sign Bradley Orr on loan from Bristol C as temp solution for the season?

Update from me. I'm in Nov, first season.

P16 W6 D6 L4 - lying 10th, 3 points off 3rd.

Tudgay has been fantastic, 9 goals so far including 8 assists. Rhys Murphy has been steady with 3 in 8 appearances, although his goals have been cruicial at times. Weiss was fantastic and the fans adored him, however his 3 month spell ended and cannot be renewed this season.

I'm looking to drop Purse at any opportunity. His 6k wage is too much for a cover player. The same goes for Gray, albeit he is instrumental at times, I can't justify paying 6k a week for a fringe player used on rotation. Judging by our goals conceded (23 in 16 games) we need to tighten up. Grant has been superb at times, as has Hinds. I'm comfortable with my back four of Spurr, Hinds, Beevers and Simek (Buxton for now whilst Simek is out injured).

Looking to the future, I have lodged a 1.1m bid for Taarabat accepted. Whilst I would have to wait until the Summer, his capture would be fantastic and hopefully I can talk him into a contact sub 5k a week. Update! Just signed Adel on a five year deal on a 4.5k p/w deal, absolutely delighted :)

Update from me. I'm in Nov, first season.

P16 W6 D6 L4 - lying 10th, 3 points off 3rd.

Tudgay has been fantastic, 9 goals so far including 8 assists. Rhys Murphy has been steady with 3 in 8 appearances, although his goals have been cruicial at times. Weiss was fantastic and the fans adored him, however his 3 month spell ended and cannot be renewed this season.

I'm looking to drop Purse at any opportunity. His 6k wage is too much for a cover player. The same goes for Gray, albeit he is instrumental at times, I can't justify paying 6k a week for a fringe player used on rotation. Judging by our goals conceded (23 in 16 games) we need to tighten up. Grant has been superb at times, as has Hinds. I'm comfortable with my back four of Spurr, Hinds, Beevers and Simek (Buxton for now whilst Simek is out injured).

Looking to the future, I have lodged a 1.1m bid for Taarabat accepted. Whilst I would have to wait until the Summer, his capture would be fantastic and hopefully I can talk him into a contact sub 5k a week. Update! Just signed Adel on a five year deal on a 4.5k p/w deal, absolutely delighted :)

Great signing, how on earth did you raise the funds though?

I've been given nothing now for the 2nd year running.

I'm 2nd after 6 games (2nd Season) and signed Bradley Orr and Jordan Spence on season long loans to replace Tommy Spurr.

My outs for the season have been:

F Jeffers - Blackpool £100k

L Clarke - Derby £200k

A Sodje - Peterborough £200k

L Varney - Loan terminated

R Wood - Coventry 700k

As much as the fans hate my selling of Wood, I wanted to replicate the starting squad as near as real life as I could without going to arse about in the editor - also as an owls fan, Wood has disgruntled me in real life :)

Anyhow, that said, I still had to go to the board and adjust my budget as I was only given half the funds - but thankfully the offloading of jeffers 9k wage (and the others) meant that the switch to additional transfer funds didn't have any negative implications on me going over a wage budget :)

Good enough switch Orr for Spurr. Shame Tommy wanted out, but I think its a very like for like switch to be honest mate.

Spurr was doing really well so it was a shame to see him leave but I don't like keeping players who want out.

Not only that I can't see him being good enough for the premiership and that's the goal for me by the end of the 3rd season (promotion.)

I've moved my current right back to centre and slotted in Orr who's done well for me.

You've made some good money from the sales, unfortunately I got nowt for most of them as I released them when their contracts expired.

I have 1.1 Mil to spend I might see if I can tempt Adel, that's an awesome signing for the owls.

Hopefully I will get a long session in at the weekend, unfortunately I don't get much time to play in the week.

Managed to get promoted to the prem after finishing 2nd behind Wolves.

Bagged promotion with 2 games left, we finished 4 points ahead of QPR in 3rd and a massive 15 points behind Wolves.

P46 W26 D10 L10 F86 A54 GD+32

My best players were

Marcus Tudgay 19 goals & 11 assists from Midfield AVR 7.07

Borja was a rock in midfield 7.06

Signed Mark Randall on loan 5 goals in 18 apps AVR 7.18

Michal Zewlakow 7 goals from defence avr 7.17 (player of the season)

Ryan Bertrand AVR 7.10

Lee Grant AVR 7.08

Jay Simpson 18 goals in 45 apps avr 7.11

Richard Cresswell 14 goals in 35 games avr 6.96

Unfortunatley most of the current squad are not good enough for the EPL so a complete overhaul is needed.

I'll post my summer activity in a sec.

I was getting a little frustrated with the board and their refusal to offer me a long term contract. I considered resigning but in the end after 3 months of negotiation I finally signed a new 4 year deal on 5K pw with the promise of cash to spend to help keep the Owls in the prem.

The board and I agreed it would be a tough season and an attempt to avoid relegation was all we could hope for with the current squad with the likelihood was we would go down unless we had a complete overhaul of the squad.

The board gave me 17.5M to spend with 145K per week to spend on wages.

Players out:

Etienne Esajas (Released)

Henri Camera (Released)

Richard Hinds (Released)

Richard Wood (Released)

Richard Cresswell (Released)

Kenny Pavey (Released)

Rocky Lekaj (Released)

Wesley Foderingham (575K) Crystal Palace

Lee Grant (4m) Dinamo K

David Stockdale (1M) Cardiff

Players in:

Phil Bardsley (Free) Sunderland

Adam Johnson (Free) M'Boro

Luis Jimenez (Free) unattached

Eirk Edman (Free) unattached

Romeo Castelen (Free) unattached

Jean Alain-Boumsong (Free) unattached

William Gallas (Free) unattached

Kris Stadsgaard (550K) Rosenborg

Amir Zaki (3.5M) Boardeaux

Michael Owen (Free) unattached

Zoltan Gera (Free) unattached

Guillermo Ochoa (8M) America MEX

John Ruddy (500K) Motherwell

Carlton Cole (4m) West Ham

Gunnar Nielsen (free) unattached

My first eleven is (Rotated)

* = best player

GK Ochoa *

DR Bardsley*\Simek

DL Betrand*\Edman

DC Gallas*\Stadsgaard

DC Boumsong*\Stadsgaard

MCd Borja

MCa Jimenez

MR Kamper\Castelen\Tudgay*\Gera

ML Johnson*\Gera

AT (target man) Zaki*\Tudgay

AT (Poacher) Cole*\Owen

Backup players

Ruddy GK

Nielsen GK

Beevers DC

Sean Mcallister MRC

Darren Potter MC

Laryea Kingston DM\AMRC (Transfer listed)

Delron Buckley AML\SC

Febian Brandy SC

Captain - Borja

Vice Captain - Gallas

I've made a really solid start to the season P8 W4 D0 L4 F12 A11 GD +1

H: Man City 1 - 2 (L) Adam Johnson

H: Spurs 2 - 0 (W) Zaki, Tudgay

A: West Brom 2 - 1 (L) Zaki

A: Liverpool 4 -1 (L) Zaki

A: Barnsley 2 - 0 (L) League Cup

H: Burnley 2 - 0 (W) Borja, Boumsong

A: Hull 0 - 1 (W) Cole

A: Sunderland 3 -0 (L)

H: Fulham 4 - 0 (W) Zaki (2), Cole, Jimenez

I am currently 7th in the league and most importantly 9 points above 18th.

How many of you are playing FM'09 and how many are playing FM'10? I ask because ever since the game began, I have usually been Hull City, Tranmere Rovers and or Chester City. This time, last evening/night, I have started as unemployed, with the "transfers in first window" unticked. My first job offer as in mid October with Sheffield Wednesday. I have just played my first league match, v Coventry, at home, won 1-0. I have sacked all of my staff and brought in a new team of six staff, all on "frees". That is where I am up to. I don't know how long I shall last before the "magnets" that are my usual teams prevail but we shall see.

Some awesome work there Jimbo - what year you in btw? I'm hoping to pull wednesday up to the EPL by the end of my second season. Has your youth provided anything yet? Keep us posted!

Oescus I'm on FM10. Good luck :)

Update in my game, much like sheff wed (except this season) I am sitting in 12th, 7pts off the playoffs but 14pts off relegation. Probably as midway as we could be.

Tudgay has been brilliant, 16 goals in 25 league games.

I have reached the jan transfer window and after reviewing what their contract expectations were - McAllister, Johnson and Esajas all firm first teamers in my squad, were transfer listed to try and recoup something with their impending contract expirations. Johnson was shipped out to Notts County for 750k and Esajas to Leeds for 150k. McAllister unfortunately slopes off to Livingston in the Summer on a free but I wasn't prepared to meet their wage demands.

I'm looking at a few long term loan signings to plug the gap left. Johnson had been brilliant, but in long terms for the club he just wasn't the standard that I need and given my plan to be out of the championship and in the premiership by 2011, signing him for an additional couple of years seemed a waste.

My first season saw Sheffield Wednesday finish thus. P46 W14 D15 L17 GF44 GA52 Pts57 Pos17th. The close season saw me get rid of two trouble makers, Beevers and one other whose name escapes me. I renewed the contract of one, Hinds, who now appears happy and I still have the ex-captain Purse, who is very unhappy with everything. I can't find anyone to take him, even on a "free". Tudgay was sold for £3,000,000, as he wanted to leave and a few others joined him. I have turned around ten or a dozen players in and out. The team looks a lot stronger for this season. I am about to play the first match of season two, v Leicester City. I shall update tomorrow and include the transfers, both, in and out. Kind regards.

Hey Wilson,

I have just finished Season 3 finishing 10th in the premiership.

In Jan I sold Boumsong to OM for 3million and signed Diaby for Arsenal for 1.3M Bargain! (his contract was due to expire in 6 months)

My best players were Zaki (20 league goals AVR7.07) and Ochoa (AVR 7.05)

Carlton Cole got me 13 important league goals aswell but his form was patchy at times.

The Highlight for the season was doing the league double over Chelsea (2-1 A) (1-0 H) and drawing twice against Arsenal.

And the lowlights; being knocked out of the FA cup in the third round by League 1 bottom club Rochdale 1 - 0 at home :(

Being knocked out of the league cup 2nd round 2 - 0 away to Barnsley.

Going 9 games without a win in the league at home.

I'm now in pre-season and have been given 25.5mil on transfer and 350kpw on wages.

The aim is to finish mid-table which should be easy enough given my squad

Transfer activity so far

Tudgay is about to leave to join either Wolves or Leeds for 3 million.

Signed Kyle Naughton 2.7Mil from Spurs

Signed David Wheater 6.0M from Villa plus John Ruddy

Sold Jonas Kamper to Charlton for 1 million

Sold Darren Potter to Charlton for 500k

Mark Beevers has joined Charlton on loan for the season

I've just had an 8million pound offer accepted for Fabian Delph

I have offered Christian Poulsen a 1 year contract

I still need a backup keeper, LB, CB, DM\CM, RW, LW, SC

Got 19million left

I have also released some deadwood; Delroy Buckley, Richard O'Donnell,Zoltan Gera, Erik Edman

I have had 2 4 star regen keepers who are both in the England U19 team.

I've shipped one out on loan to Swindon for some first team football and hopefully he will be my number one choice in 2 -3 years.

My training and youth facilites are currently being upgrading so next season I should hopefully see better players coming through the ranks.

Oescus and Wilson have you finished your first season?

Jimbo the red. Yes, I have posted the bare details just above your post. I am about to play my first match in season two. It will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow because I am having Windows7 installed later today and have some other things to do, also. I can update you on a few close season events. I have got rid of Richard Wood, Jermaine Johnson, Luke Varney Michael Gray, Etienne Esajas, for fees that I have forgotten . I sold Tudgay for £4,000,000 not the £3,000,000 as mentioned somewhere yesterday by me. Lee Grant went to "Asbo Vanilla" [Aston Villa] for £3,000,000.

I have brought in the following. Jamie Ashdown [GK from Portsmouth], Jerzy Dudek [GK from Real madrid], Felipe Oliviera, Haydn Mullins, Steven Reid, Paulo Jorge, John Sutton [st from Motherwell] and Jack Werndly [17 yr old "top rated" from West ham Utd]. I have one or two other transfers in the pipeline as well. I have been using the in game 4-5-1 formation up till now but looking again at my squad, it may be better if i changed to 4-1-3-2 [narrow] formation. My asst manager tells me that Wednesday's formations should be 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and 4-1-3-2 in that order. I am assuming that they are in order of preference but am not sure. I am thinking that they are all to be used as and when you are advised that "team X" do well versus teams who play one of your formations. It is then that you use one of the other available formations that you have. It is for that reason that I have set up those three formations in advance and intend using them accordingly. Kind regards to all, as usual.

In my first season i'm currently 4th, P33 W19 D9 L5.

I'm currently 5 points off automatic with west brom in 3rd on 70pts. Wood, camara and tudgay have been my best players.

Transfers (inc. Januray):

In

Henri Camara

Kiki Musampa

Peter Kopteff

Leigh Griffiths

Vladimir Weiss

Nacer Barazite(Loan)

Gerald Sibon :)

Camel Meriem

Javier Erasnus(regen)

Gabriel ozkan

Rodri

Out

Jeffers

Sodje

Clarke

Esajas

Boden

Viduka(signed summer- kept getting niggling injuries so got rid)

Purse

Miller

O'connor

Jimbo the red. Yes, I have posted the bare details just above your post. I am about to play my first match in season two. It will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow because I am having Windows7 installed later today and have some other things to do, also. I can update you on a few close season events. I have got rid of Richard Wood, Jermaine Johnson, Luke Varney Michael Gray, Etienne Esajas, for fees that I have forgotten . I sold Tudgay for £4,000,000 not the £3,000,000 as mentioned somewhere yesterday by me. Lee Grant went to "Asbo Vanilla" [Aston Villa] for £3,000,000.

I have brought in the following. Jamie Ashdown [GK from Portsmouth], Jerzy Dudek [GK from Real madrid], Felipe Oliviera, Haydn Mullins, Steven Reid, Paulo Jorge, John Sutton [st from Motherwell] and Jack Werndly [17 yr old "top rated" from West ham Utd]. I have one or two other transfers in the pipeline as well. I have been using the in game 4-5-1 formation up till now but looking again at my squad, it may be better if i changed to 4-1-3-2 [narrow] formation. My asst manager tells me that Wednesday's formations should be 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and 4-1-3-2 in that order. I am assuming that they are in order of preference but am not sure. I am thinking that they are all to be used as and when you are advised that "team X" do well versus teams who play one of your formations. It is then that you use one of the other available formations that you have. It is for that reason that I have set up those three formations in advance and intend using them accordingly. Kind regards to all, as usual.

Apologies I have seen it, these early shifts really do effect my attention to detail :(

Youve made some good signings, what are you hoping to get out of the season?

I personally only go with a 4-4-2 and modify depending on the AI's formation.

For example if the AI plays 4-5-1 with two attacking wingers, I will have my full backs set to defend, my Wingers pushed up and set to attack and I'll try to exploit the flanks.

I've done pretty well thus far although I did play 2 unsuccessful games were I started unemployed and twice got the Wednesday job only to have a torrid time.

I think I finally cracked the formation and tactics on the third go.

In my first season i'm currently 4th, P33 W19 D9 L5.

I'm currently 5 points off automatic with west brom in 3rd on 70pts. Wood, camara and tudgay have been my best players.

Transfers (inc. Januray):

In

Henri Camara

Kiki Musampa

Peter Kopteff

Leigh Griffiths

Vladimir Weiss

Nacer Barazite(Loan)

Gerald Sibon :)

Camel Meriem

Javier Erasnus(regen)

Gabriel ozkan

Rodri

Out

Jeffers

Sodje

Clarke

Esajas

Boden

Viduka(signed summer- kept getting niggling injuries so got rid)

Purse

Miller

O'connor

Good work, keep us posted.

Unfortunately Camera goes down hill some what after the first season :(

Hello! Some awesome progress Jimbo - what is your starting 11 now? How has Beevers, Harrison and Modest progressed btw? I'm still in January of my first season - finding it hard to get the time between the gf, the office and sleeping :(

A completely indifferent season for me to be honest. Currently 12th having W11 D7 L10. Conceding far too many goals with a goal difference of just +2.

With around a 1.5m to spend during January, I moved to secure the signature of Rhys Murphy (currently on loan until the end of the season). He has been frustrating to watch at times when he misses clear cut chances, but I'm hoping this is something he will lose over time as he ages - and at 300k it was a purchase that if it goes pear shaped, I think I will be able to sell on for profit.

The next is a big signature to be honest. Tomas Pekhart has agreed to sign for 350k, though this has been stalled with the prospect of signing Adam Johnson from Middlesborough on the cards.

Good loans there vasilli - let me know how Weiss does for you. He did OK for me but the fans absolutely adored him! Aron Gunnarsson is someone I have looked to but I just can't afford his price tag at the mo :(

Cheers Wilson yes i know what you mean i was struggling to get game time in, but I had a free weekend last week and am on the opposite shift to my girlfriend this week so I've been getting some decent sessions in, although I don't think I'll get much time after tonight to play it until xmas :( .

Unfortunately I've only just realised how important it was to have decent mental stats for young players to reach their potentials.

Therefore I have really neglected my young players, I thought sending them out on loan would be enough but apprantly not.

None of my previous youngsters really developed I'm afraid. Harrison was sold to TNS for 30k and Modest has been hit and miss on loan at clubs in the lower leagues. I currently have him being tutored by Roque Santa Cruz but at 20 I feel I may have missed out on getting his full potential. I'll give him till he's 23 mind.

Pekhart turns into a really quality youngster so you have a bargain there sir! He's worth 8.5M at Stoke on my game currently and always seems to be a handful against my teams. I've also got Rhys Murphy but he's in my reserves at the mo and again I've neglected his tutoring some what although he is now being tutored by Michael Owen.

Beevers is currently out on loan to Charlton in the championship as he needs game time to develop and he's 5th choice centre back for me. Once he's back I'll get David Wheater to tutor him and hopefully his mental stats will rise.

I've played 3 games of the new season picking up 5 points, here are my summer transfers.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5485/sheffieldwednesday2u.png

For team selection see link below

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7789/sheffieldwednesday.png

I rotate the strikers with Carlton Cole.

Cheers Wilson yes i know what you mean i was struggling to get game time in, but I had a free weekend last week and am on the opposite shift to my girlfriend this week so I've been getting some decent sessions in, although I don't think I'll get much time after tonight to play it until xmas :( .

Unfortunately I've only just realised how important it was to have decent mental stats for young players to reach their potentials.

Therefore I have really neglected my young players, I thought sending them out on loan would be enough but apprantly not.

None of my previous youngsters really developed I'm afraid. Harrison was sold to TNS for 30k and Modest has been hit and miss on loan at clubs in the lower leagues. I currently have him being tutored by Roque Santa Cruz but at 20 I feel I may have missed out on getting his full potential. I'll give him till he's 23 mind.

Pekhart turns into a really quality youngster so you have a bargain there sir! He's worth 8.5M at Stoke on my game currently and always seems to be a handful against my teams. I've also got Rhys Murphy but he's in my reserves at the mo and again I've neglected his tutoring some what although he is now being tutored by Michael Owen.

Beevers is currently out on loan to Charlton in the championship as he needs game time to develop and he's 5th choice centre back for me. Once he's back I'll get David Wheater to tutor him and hopefully his mental stats will rise.

I've played 3 games of the new season picking up 5 points, here are my summer transfers.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5485/sheffieldwednesday2u.png

For team selection see link below

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7789/sheffieldwednesday.png

I rotate the strikers with Carlton Cole.

What a wednesday team!! Awesome work mate! :) What's S Taylor like - I rate him but a hefty tag on him!

How has A Johnson worked out for you? Can he cut the prem?

Cheers Bud really enjoying this save tbh.

He's only played 4 games but he's got all the right attributes for a centre half, it's 3 million over what I wanted to pay but my scouts rated him as 4 stars it was a choice between him and Gary Cahill but Bolton wanted 17Mil for him. I've made him my captain as Borja is unlikely to play much this season but i think he is a long term investement as he's 26 so I should get 6 or 7 decent seasons out of him.

AJ is a bit hit and miss tbh on his day he's deadly but he's good enough for a mid-low prem team.

My only concern is he as low mental stats such as determination\teamwork\workrate. My Assistant man (JCA & JPA = 18) rates him at 2.5 stars.

Jimbo the red. I have at last upgraded to Windows7. But at what a cost. I paid an "IT expert" more than £30 to make a good job of it, leaving all my files as is. My pc crashed with an almighty bang. Everything lost. The guys mobile number is mysteriously permanently switched off and he is unobtainable. A friend of my in laws spent all last night on my pc and at 22:12 tonight I have got Windows 7 up and running I now have to install all my "stuff". My Sheffield Wednesday original unemployed save has gone. I shall start unemployed again and hope to get Wednesday again, as well. Otherwise I will have to start at the beginning of the first season. If so I shall still have the transfers in first window unticked, so that I will only be allowed free and loan transfers. It's going to be a long haul. I will update you after I have got the first full week sorted out with players and staff etc. Don't be fussed over missing my post. Good Lord! I don't even read them myself!!!! Kind regards.

just finished my first season! Finished top on goal differnece:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1995/cocacolachampionship.png

Camara was brillinant for me, finished as leagues joint top scorer with 31 goalsand 11 assists in 43 games. Bolton have been relegated, so i'm goning to try and sign jaaskelanien and Kevin Davies. (unfortunatley arsenal have snapped up cahill). also going to try and bring in Owen and maybe Deco (end of contract) - though he'll have come down from 92k p/w!

Jimbo the red. I have at last upgraded to Windows7. But at what a cost. I paid an "IT expert" more than £30 to make a good job of it, leaving all my files as is. My pc crashed with an almighty bang. Everything lost. The guys mobile number is mysteriously permanently switched off and he is unobtainable. A friend of my in laws spent all last night on my pc and at 22:12 tonight I have got Windows 7 up and running I now have to install all my "stuff". My Sheffield Wednesday original unemployed save has gone. I shall start unemployed again and hope to get Wednesday again, as well. Otherwise I will have to start at the beginning of the first season. If so I shall still have the transfers in first window unticked, so that I will only be allowed free and loan transfers. It's going to be a long haul. I will update you after I have got the first full week sorted out with players and staff etc. Don't be fussed over missing my post. Good Lord! I don't even read them myself!!!! Kind regards.

Nooooooooo! What a nightmare.

He sounds like a right cowboy. Man that really sucks, My PC's crashed before when I had completed a few seasons and I was gutted so I know how you're feeling. Keep us posted.

just finished my first season! Finished top on goal differnece:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1995/cocacolachampionship.png

Camara was brillinant for me, finished as leagues joint top scorer with 31 goalsand 11 assists in 43 games. Bolton have been relegated, so i'm goning to try and sign jaaskelanien and Kevin Davies. (unfortunatley arsenal have snapped up cahill). also going to try and bring in Owen and maybe Deco (end of contract) - though he'll have come down from 92k p/w!

Congrats man that's a hell of an achievement in the first season.

Send a pic of ur players in and out before you start your season in the prem.

Good loans there vasilli - let me know how Weiss does for you. He did OK for me but the fans absolutely adored him! Aron Gunnarsson is someone I have looked to but I just can't afford his price tag at the mo :(

This is how he has done for me...

21vladimirweiss.png

Just completed my season 1...will post a full update later...:D

Archived