Heart of Midlothian FM10

nade.14.

Heart Of Midlothian Football Club FM10

The Club

Heart Of Midlothian Football Club or as they are commonly known as Hearts are 1 of 2 spl sides from the capital of Scotland Edinburgh Hearts being from the Gorgie area. The name comes from a old dance hall in Edinburgh “ The Heart Of Midlothian “ but the badge comes is based on a mosaic on the royal mile in the Scottish capital. The club was founded in 1874 being 1 of the oldest clubs in Britain.

The History

Hearts are a club with a very proud history being:

• Scottish champions 4 times although the last time was 1959-60 to long for our loyal fans.

• Scottish cup champions 7 times the last time being 2006.

• League cup on 4 occasions 1962-63 being the last time they lifted that trophey.

Hearts fans will tell you that the clubs history off the field is the not only one of the proudest in Scotland but in the world the proudest moment was The Second world war. In November 1914, with Heart of Midlothian comfortably leading the First Division, sixteen players removed their football boots for those of the army, enlisting to fight in France. In doing so, they became the first British team to sign up en masse. They were part of the now legendary "McCrae's Battalion" (the 16th Royal Scots) or the Provost's Battalion (the First Royal Scots) and fought valiantly. Nowhere was this more true than at the horrors of the Somme, where the British army lost 20,000 men on the first day alone. This included three Hearts players. This brave act of the players was followed with many supporters wanting to fight for their country alongside the players they watched week in week out on the football pitch. The memorys of these brave men will always be remembered and that makes rememberance Sunday a huge part of the club. There is a momument at haymarket ( at the time being it has been moved due to tram works but will be put back ) where a service is held every rememberance Sunday with the full team attending and the captain of the club doing a reading.

Club information

The chairman Vladimier Romanov “ Mad Vlad “ a Russian/Lithuainian is running the club and dose not look like he’s going anywhere so players getting sold without your say so could happen a lot.

Nick-names : The Jambos , Jam Tarts , The Gorgie Boys , The Famous

Legends : Archie Conn , Willie Bauld , Gary Mackay (most apperances for the club) , John Robertson (all time top goal scorer).

Icons : Steven Pressley , Neil McCann , Paul “ Hat Trick” Hartley , Craig Levein

Favoured Personnel : Gilles Rousset

Our Rivals : Hearts have a deep rivalary with the other team in Edinburgh Hibs the Edinburgh derby is a date Hearts fans look forward to each and every season so winning these games will help you become a fan favourite. Also Hearts don’t get along with either side of the old firm but Hearts fans see Celtic as more of rivalary than Rangers but both of these games are big for the Gorgie faithful. Aberdeen is also another club that we share a rivalary with.

Hearts are worth a estimated £17.25m but have a loan debt of £26m that will have to be paid back with £185k a month.

Hearts start with a transfer budget of around £100k depending on what you feel you can achieve and a wage budget of £60k.

The Stadium and training facilities

Tynecastle stadium Edinburgh a 17,402 seater stadium which was built in 1914.

The training facillties are good along with a good youth academy.

The strips

The Squad

Club Captain – Michael Stewart

Vice Captain – Marius Zaliukas

Best players :

• Andrew Driver left winger try keep a hold of him with all you got.

• Marius Zaliukas strong centre half should be captain a bit of a aggresion problem

• Lee Wallace good left back works well with Driver

Keepers :

• Janos Balogh (Hungarian) # 1

• Marian Kello (Slovakian) # 25

• Jamie MacDonald (Scotland) # 30

Balogh is the best choice out of the 3 but there is not much inbetween them.

Full Backs

Right

• Craig Thomson (Scotland) # 46

• Eggert Jonsson (Iceland) # 4

• Jason Thomson (Scotland) # 20

Craig Thomson good prospect would be my first choice from the start Eggert can play at right back but is better in midfield I have found. Jason not going to be good enough would sell.

Left

• Lee Wallace (Scotland) # 3

• Jose Goncalves (Portugal) # 5

Very good players both of them tuff choice but Jose can also play centre back.

Centre Half

• Ismael Bouzid (Algeria) # 21

• Marius Zaliukas (Lithuainia) # 26

• Jose Goncalves (Portugal) # 5

• Ryan McGowan (Australia) # 17

• Dawid Kucharski (Poland) # 2

Strong position for us could use many different option depends on your tactics.

Midfeilders

Right

• Laryea Kingston (Ghana) # 10

• Suso Santana (Spain) # 7

• David Templeton (Scotland) # 24

Suso and Laryea will fight it out for this postion but Templeton good youngster can cover well.

Left

• Andrew Driver (England) # 11

• David Obua (Uganda) # 13

• Arvydas Novikovas (Lithuainia) # 18

Andrew Driver is first choice for the left side I would think about selling Obua and Nova is 1 for the future.

Centre Mid

• Micheal Stewart (Scotland) # 23

• Ian Black (Scotland) # 8

• Ruben Palazuelos (Spain) # 6

This area needs work done on it Stewart would not be missed and Black and Ruben are good but need a driving force brought in.

Strikers

• David Witteveen (Austria) # 15

• Christian Nade (France) # 14

• Callum Elliot (Scotland) # 22

• Gary Glen (Scotland) # 36

There is no out and out goal scorer in the team needs work done on it but I would start with Nade and Elliot but depends on tactics.

Hot Prospects

Craig Thomson a right back with good potential is able to be a key player from the start set piece genius can cause a lot of problems from free kicks and corners.

Arvydas Novikovas a player who can play on the left side of the midfield or in a more attacking role skillful player who can beat players and cause problems for defences from the start big teams from Europe try to sign him one to keep a hold of in my opinion. He is a little bit lightweight but with the right tactics could be great.

David Templeton very similar to Novikovas but this time on the right hand side could be a good idea to put out on loan if you feel he wont get into your team.

Johnathan Stewart good defensive midfielder likes to get stuck in a is a real ball winner one to keep a eye on and to try and bring into the first team maybe start with league cup games.

Ryan McGowan similar to Stewart but can play centre back aswell is good in both positions Ryan is ready for the first team right away can do a good job and will cover well if injurys centre of defence is a strong area for Hearts so could be easier to slot him in the centre midfield role.

Dylan McGoawn Ryans younger brother plays like his brother very good in both positions and is a star in the making.

Gordon Smith a striker who again is good with the ball at his feet running at players one that putting out on loan could be a option but he could become a good striker if giving the chance and with Hearts lack of good strikers could force himself in the first team in quick time.

The challenge to build on last seasons 3rd place finish and try take advantage of the turmoil at both old firm clubs and split them and then try and bring more silver ware to Tynecaslte. Can you work under Vlad and make Hearts the dominant team in Scotland?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I had pictures on it but didn't come up at work now and will put on when I next get a chance. Yeah I had the same problem but I kept Kello and McDonald I don't rate Balogh so I sold him. Anybody help can't upload any pictures on this says I have uploaded my maximum 6 files

Started my Jambos career last night, first career on FM10 and will be my main one hopefully.

First attempt was abandoned early, i messed about a lot and signed too many random players on frees who i didnt really need, had selected an optimistic attacking formation and buying players to fit it meant no flexibility, i went massively over wage budget too.

Lost first game 4 nil to Utd and was 5 nil down after 42mins to Twente in UEFA first leg when i took the carefully considered decision to shut down and start the career again.....

This time round took a proper methodical approach to it. Spent a good amount of time looking at the squad and first thing i decided was that the youth squad and reserve squads were pretty useless for the level i wanted to be at.

All Youths with the Exception of Dylan McGowan and Scott Robinson were sold/released. McGowan has already attracted a bid of £250k from Sunderland but i like the look of him. Altogether less sure about Robinsons potential, but willing to give him a year or two to see if he improves.

Reserve team is also pretty rubbish. Sold all other than Ridgers and Craig Thomson.

Then started to look at the first team. First moves were to sell:

Zaliukas - Sheff Utd £750K

Stewart - Preston £1million

Elliot - Bristol C £400K

Nade - Released

Kurchaski - Relased

Kello - Bratislava - £70k

From the existing Hearts squad i picked out 4 who i wanted to keep as starters:

Goncalves (CB)

Wallace (LB)

Driver (LW)

Kingston (CM)

Also identified a few others to keep as part of my 2nd XI:

Bouzid (CB)

McGowan (CB)

Palazuelos (CM)

Black (CM)

Suso (RW)

Suso, Black and Bouzid are rubbish, but both are new signings so cant sell them.

As well as those, 3 youngsters were kept in the first team squad as back up players:

Novikovas (LW)

Templeton (RW)

Glen (ST)

Formation i wanted to go with was a 433/451 with a DM, 2 x CM and LW/RW pushed up and a target man SC

Given the limited budget, freebies were first source of player....and as i play with huge DB and no work permits, had a plenty options. Early signings on frees...

Vlatislav Gresko - LB (back up for Wallace)

Christian Vieri - ST (compete for Target Man spot)

Lars Stubhaugh - GK (Youngster to add depth, looks promising)

Jason Beardsley - RB (Youngster, scouts identified decent potential and already decent)

Andy Van Der Meyde - RW (Better than Suso, will provide crosses for TM)

Fabiano - ST (24yr old Brazilian with great allround stats, will be main ST/TM)

Rudi Skacel - LW (had to bring him back....only to back up Driver but still a legend!)

Then looked at the money situation and identified a need to free up some more, so sold Eggert Jonsson to Lille for £2million and made some actual signings:

Pantxi Sirieix - £65k from Toulouse - DM/CM (decent stats, will be one of my CM)

Matias Almeyda - £110k from River - DM (Veteran who is perfect for anchor role)

Tore Reginiussen - £275k from Tromso - CB (Solid CB to partner Jose)

Ricardo Trigueno - £12k from Petapa - GK (Guatemala International keeper, marginally better than Balogh and a bargain)

Nestor Martinez - £26k from Petapa - RB (Another Guatemala International, solid enough replacement for Jonsson at a bargain price)

Julio Castro - Free - RB (El Salvador International RB who is similar in stats to Martinez)

Dhiego - Free - CM (Young Brazilian CM who has average stats but is only 21 and has promise)

Preseason started well, first game was home to Lyon. We held our own and matched them for 78mins, at which point we won a pen.....Skacel has just come on for his return..he has to take it!..........and misses! Gomis scored a long ranger in 93mins to win the game for Lyon.

Next up is Werder Bremen at home....Started well and ended up 2 nil up after 60mins through a goal from Driver and a header from Jose. Bremer scored near the end but we hold on! Remain friendies are victorys v small teams.

Season proper starts and its not good...we get cuffed 4 v 2 against Utd, with them getting through our defence with ease 4 times = grumpy manager.

NExt up is the Uefa tie against Villa away. Not good, 4 easy goals for villa again, but somehow we scrape 2 late away goals to keep the tie almost alive.

Rangers at home in the league and against the run of play we are one nil up 2nd half, rangers get a deserved equaliser in 88mins. A draw is apoint at least.

Second leg against Villa next....this doesnt look good...our best CB is cup tied... Incredible game, goes back and forth ends up 4 v 2 to us at full time! 6 all on aggregate! Extra time here we go..... Sadly Villa score early in extra time leaving us needing 2, we get one back with 5 mins to go but cant get another. 5 v 3 to Hearts at full time, 7 all on aggregate but out on away goals!

Need to tweak my tactic now, defense is a disaster at the moment.......

First time in a couple of years though i feel really into a Hearts save!

Good to see Bednar

I am just getting started on my game haven't been as busy as yourself in the transfers selling :

Stewart - 1m Preston

Kingston - 325k Notts County

Signed :

Andrew Hallday - 20k Livi

Kal Naismith - 5k Rangers

Kisuka - 6k Rangers

David Grof - Free

Willy Topp - Free

Im going to play a 4-5-1 with wingers or going to play a 5-3-2 with wing backs being Wallace and young Thomo at the right. Pulled out of selling Lee Wallace for 2m to Sunderland felt that it wasen't enough money for him could get more. Trying to get Nade and Obua out the club but its not easy.

First game away to Dundee Utd

Team:

GK. J.Balough

RB. Eggert Jonnson

LB. Lee Wallace

CB. Ismael Bouzid

CB. Jose Goncalves

DM. Ruben Palazuelos

CM. Ian Black

CM. Ryan McGowan

RW. Suso Santana

LW. Andrew Driver

FC. Callum Elliot

Result :

Dundee Utd 1 - Hearts - 3

Callum Elliot (17)

Ryan McGowan (47)

Ryan McGowan (53)

Danny Cadamarteri (59)

Ryan McGowan [missed penalty] (69)

Things did not develop to well for me after the last post! Sliding down the table, conceding goals all over the shop (wishing i had never replaced Balogh with the Guatemalian fisherman......) struggling to score and getting nothing from the midfield (except the odd stupid error to cost us a goal...)

The real fixtures thing on FM10 is neat, except when it means watching my FM hearts team get humpted off Motherwelll away about 10mins after listening to the real team doing the same in the corresponding fixture.......

Coming into the first derby i got a news item saying i was expected to be sacked if i didnt win ( an omen for Csaba after today perhaps.....). Scraped a one nil with a goal from a corner to cling on to my job.....

Lost my star striker for 4 months and driver for 5 weeks :( Major surgery needed in January methinks.... (if only Vlad would agree...).

A good start in the league continues alough fall at the first hurdle in europe beating by Basel 2-1 at home and 1-0 away. The league form is looking good with a 0-0 draw against Rangers at home followed with a 2-0 win away to St. Johnston. A slight blip when Callum Elliot saved the Hearts in the last minute against Kilmarnock to salvage a draw. The hardest test of the season came around with a trip to rivals Celtic but Hearts come away with a 1-1 draw and unlucky not to come away with all 3 points with Suso's goal getting chopped off and Nova hitting the bar :(.

Sitting a impressive 2nd place in the league after only 7 games though long way to go but good start. We are sitting above both sides of the old firm with only Kilmarnock sitting a head of us by 2 points. Callum Elliot is the shock of the season becoming a good goalscorer for the club. The 2 highest average ratings players so far have been Craig Thomson who was named player of the month for September his average rating is 7.38 the other being Ismael Bouzid the big centre half has been a machine in the heart of the defence his average rating being 7.23.

Other players performing above what was expected is Ian Black , Eggert Jonsson (playing centre mid) and Suso Santana all helping to the cause. I have found that a 4-5-1 is the best formation to use not like the 4-5-1 Hearts play under Csaba though. Play a flat back 4 mines being :

GK. Janos Balough

RB.Craig Thomson CB.Ismael Bouzid CB.Marius Zaliukas/Jose Goncalves LB.Lee Wallace

DM. Ruben Palazuelos

CM. Eggert Jonnson CM. Ian Black

RW. Suso Santana

LW. Andrew Driver

FC. Callum Elliot

Kevin Kyle how much is he costing you? Nade dosen't get near my team just like Obua ( even though my name is nade that was when he first joined us ) in real life im starting to hate them so im bringing young players through as much as posible. I have Gonzalo Barreto coming in January 22nd can not wait to get him in the team.

After reading your 2 attempts, i decided to start a new game and be "realistic", which is to say play with the original DB rather my own which does not require Work Permits and allows me to sign brazilians etc.

So new game started. Like both you guys i decided to go with the 4 5 1 formation with attacking wingers, a DMC and 2 MC.

Did my usual and started to look at the squad position by position.

Goalies

Like you both, i am less than enamoured by any of our 3 current options. None of the 3 are terrible, but none are exactly Rousset or Niemi are they...

Transfer listed Balogh and Kello, decided that since MacDonald is on low wages he is worth keeping a back up. Managed to sell Kello but no one in for Balogh. Signed Antiono Doblas, a 29yr old former Real Betis keeper on a free. Not exceptional but looks marginally better than Balogh.

Current Goalies on the books:

Antonio Doblas (1st Choice) - Signed Free

Janos Balogh (2nd Choice)

Jamie MacDonald (Reserve)

Mark Ridgers (Youngster)

Lars Stubhaug (Youngster) - Signed Free

Defenders

Pretty good options at the club already. Sold Jose as he is on high wages, has some value and isnt brilliant in my experiences. He is on 8K a week whilst Zali is on £700 a week and is a similar standard.

Decided i needed a back up for Wallace as no other LB at teh club, brought in Gresko on a free as he was not after huge wages and has decent stats

Also wanted to bring in someone to start at RB. Thomson is promising and would like to get him 10 - 15 games this season but need an experience starter. There are a few african options on free (Yakubu and Lauren) but they want high wages and lack in some areas. I settled on a free Dutch defender named Serginho Greene (what a name!). He is 27 and spent the last 4 seasons at Feynoord. He has very good stats and was willing to come for £4500 per week. Unfortunately he is injured for 6 weeks at start of game but looks worth the weight.

At CB i am happy with Zali and McGowan as first choice pairing, alhtough Bouzid has come in and looked good. Kurchaski is there as 4th choice. Bit light on youngsters/reserves as i released all the CBs for being rubbish.

Current Defenders on the books

LB

Lee Wallace (1st choice)

Vratislav Gresko (2nd choice) - Signed Free

Danny Redmond (reserve) - Signed Free, ex Everton Youngster

RB

Serginho Greene (1st choice)

Craig Thomson (2nd choice)

Jason Thomson (reserve)

Jason Beardsley (youngster) - Signed Free, ex Derby Youngster

CB

Marius Zaliukas (1st choice)

Ryan McGowan (1st choice)

Ismael Bouzid (2nd choice)

Dawid Kurchaski (2nd choice)

Dylan McGowan (reserve/youngster)

Midfield

My set up was to include a DM, a box to box and a deep lying playmaker. Palazuelos looked an option at DM, Larry possibly to be the playmaker and Eggert Jonsson became the box to box player kinda by default. He has looked ok in the role, sees a lot of the ball but suffers from being poor in the final third. Larry is inconsistent at playmaker so brough in a polish lad named Bartosz Lawa. 30yrs old but decent stats and only cost me £150k. Also brough in Edgar Davids. He is clearly on the way down as far as ability goes, but still good stats and experience. Also brought in a youngster from Wycome named Matt Richards and reained Petkus

Midfielders currently on the books

DM

Ruben Palazuelos (1st Choice)

Edgar Davids (2nd Choice) - Signed Free

CM

Laryea Kingston (1st Choice)

Eggert Jonsson (1st choice)

Bartosz Lawa (2nd choice)

Ian Black (2nd choice)

Matt Richards (reserve) - Signed Free, ex Wycome

Edvinus Petkus (youngster)

Wingers

Another fairly strong postion for us to start, Driver is a star obviously and Suso proved to be a bit of a pleasant surprise. With Novikovas and Templeton looking ideal suited to the advanced winger role, the future is promising. Needed some back up for first team so Skacel was brought home, and a 21yr french fella named Elliot Grandin came. Grandin has good stats and still has time to develop, is pushing Suso. Found a decent young scot named Chris McPhee at Livi and recruited him on the cheap, only 16 and looks promising.

Wingers currently on the books

Andrew Driver (1st Choice)

Suso (1st choice)

Rudi Skacel (2nd choice) - Signed Free

Elliot Grandin (2nd choice) - Signed Free, ex Marseille youngster

Arvidas Novikovas (reserve)

David Templeton (reserve)

Elias Wagner (youngster)

Chris McPhee (youngster)

Strikers

By far and away the weakest part of our squad. Oh what id give for a Robbo right now...or even a Hammy! Even a Wyness....well aye, maybes not....

Nade is a plumb, listed him and stuck him in reserves, but as usual no one wants him (presumably no one wants to hire a flat bed to transport him...). Stopped short of releasing him as he may come in handy in an injury crisis. It seems impossible to bring in a worse striker than Nade, but we somehow managed it with Witteveen....he would be more use as a goalpost in training. He is also listed but sat in the reserves as no one will take him even for free! Like the look of Glen but he is not ready for being num 1 stiker. Also retained Robinson and Gordon Smith

Decided to stay away from Viduka and Vieri this time, instead signed up Henri Camara on a free, has decent all round stats but has been a let down so far. Also picked up a promising young argie named Mariano Tripodi. 21 yrs old and has an Itialian passport which means he can be signed. Good stats and will compete for the place.

Strikers currently on the books

Henri Camara (1st Choice) - Signed Free

Mariano Tripodi (2nd Choice) - Signed Free

Christian Nade (reserve)

David Witteveen (reserve)

Gary Glen (Youngster)

Scott Robinson (youngster)

Gordon Smith (youngster)

So with the squad built for the first half of the season, i had spent £165k and brought in £3.4million in transfer fees! Vlad would be pleased with that......

Spending a smidgin under £71K per week on wages at the moment, which us under the £75k budget i have.

With the money to spare, managed to secure 2 signings from South america who will come in as future signings:

Gonzalo Barretto - Agreed to sign for £475K from Danubio. He has an italian passport so no work permit needed. 17yrs old and looks a top prospect. Not quite sure how i got him, since Milan, chelsea and others also had bids accepted! I offered him £2k per week and first team contract which must have swayed it.

Luis Guilherme - Agreed to sign for £18k from Botofogo. Work permit was refused (brazilian) but granted on appeal. Again no idea why he chose Tynie over Real Madrid, Chelsea and other top clubs! Offerd £2k and squad rotation contract which may have sealed the deal!

So thats the squad management bit!

Ok 10 competitive games in, and its going ok. Games so far:

Dundee Utd 1 v 0 Hearts - played pretty poorly, just about deserved a draw but no real complaints at losing

Hapoel Tel-Aviv 1 v 1 Hearts - Uefa qualifier, quite excited as it looked a chance to get through as avoided big guns. Matched them for 60mins, without Driver who is out for 4 weeks. Skacel wins us a pen on 61mins, Craig Thomson slams it home! They equalise 5mins later but we hold on for a great daw with a vital away goal. Note to self, remember to set pen takers before next game!

Hearts 0 v 2 Rangers - Bleugh, Beasley screamer early puts us down, we match them almost, then Eggert gives away a daft pen for 2 nil

Hearts 2 v 1 Hapoel Tel-Aviv - Wow! what a game, looking fairly comfortable at nil nil for 73mins, then Zali goes and gets sent of for a 2nd booking (unusual that....) from the free kick they score a stunner and its looking bad. 92mins.....we have gone all out attack and the sub striker Tripodi breaks clear, heavy touch takes him wide, too wide to shoot, he cuts it square across goal, past the keeper and Eggert is there to knock it in! We are going to extra time at tynie! 4mins into ET and McGowan (who came on as sub after Zali went) scores a header from a corner. We hold on for the win and into the group stages! Woo hoo!

St Johnstone 0 v 1 Hearts - Back to reality and a hard fought away win. Suso scored after saints go down to 10

Hearts 0 v 0 Kilmarnock - Play well, cant score (sound familiar........)

Hearts 2 v 2 Sparta Prague - First Uefa group game and its mixed. Go 2 nil up,Camara with a good finish after only 4 mins then an own goal after 55. Unfortuntely we let them back in and they score an equaliser in 82mins after another penalty conceded by Bouzid this time.

St Mirren 0 v 0 Hearts - League cup, play mostly reserves and win a drap afair on penalties 6 v 5

Hearts 2 v 0 Hamilton - Solid win, good goal by Lawa who has taken Kingstons place in the team then an own goal see us take 3 pts

PSV 1 v 1 Hearts - Now that is a result! Backs to the wall for an hour, with the odd break away chance. 52mins 3 of my back 4 are booked and i decide its too big risk, opt to take of Zali. 60secs later one of the others (Serghino Greene) gets a 2nd booking and off he goes....arse! 3mins later PSV score and the writing looks to be on the wall. Amazingly we come back, Camara with a great header just 4mins later! Camara even has a chance to win it, put through by a long punt but bottles it. Still delighted with the result, half a chance of geting out this group now!

Highligt so far has been good consisten performances from the back 4, as well as both wingers looking good. Lack of goals up front and from central midfield are main concerns.

Onwards we go! Somewhat bizarely i now have 6 consecutive away games (7 if you cont the PSV game). 4 league games plus euro game and SLC game! Tricky times methinks.....

I couldn't quit had a shocking first season but managed to bring in good young players. Big black bear7 and Gary Glen is a good player wouldn't say useless try Callum Elliot. I have Gonzalo Barreto signed for £500k good prospect. I'm just starting my 2nd season signed Tomas Pekhart on a free transfer and signed Oscar Trejo for only £500 must be one of the best bargins.

I couldn't quit had a shocking first season but managed to bring in good young players. Big black bear7 and Gary Glen is a good player wouldn't say useless try Callum Elliot. I have Gonzalo Barreto signed for £500k good prospect. I'm just starting my 2nd season signed Tomas Pekhart on a free transfer and signed Oscar Trejo for only £500 must be one of the best bargins.

Is that oscar trejo from mallorca and do you mean £500K

well after the above update, i played on till about november then went to bed for the night. Stupidly i then managed deleted 2 out of my 3 rolling autosaves (i like to keep things tidy!) but one was the "live" one...doh.

This put me right back to end of August. Fortunately after the UEFA qualifier and after i had all my signing sorted. Played through again and still rubbish in the league. Europe has been a different story however! after a good 2 all draw away to Cluj in the first game, it was time for PSV to come to tynie......

psv.jpg

After that we went to Athletico Madrid and lost 4 v 1, which was to be expected came in the midst of a real slump domestically.

The last league game before the return game with Madrid was against motherwell away. Zali gets sent off after 20mins and we are 3 nil down at half time..... In a rage i give up on my 4 5 1 formation and change to an attacking 442. We end up losing 3 v 2. Decide to keep the attacking formation for the euro game...another euro nite at tynie awaits.....

madridh.jpg

Go on a good run in the league (ish) with 4 unbeaten before next euro game, home again to Cluj. A win here and we are in with a real shout of getting out of this group..

cluj.jpg

Amazingly despite being on 10pts and top of the group with just a game to go, there is still a good chance we will go out! Athletico and PSV both have 9 and my last game is away to PSV!

In the SPL im a disapointing 8th with 19pts from 14 games. Somewhat bizzarely though, im only 9pts off top!

Bouzid has been a rock at the back and chipped in a few goals. Zaliukas and McGowan have rotated in the other spot and both been fine. Wallace is a top performer and Craig Thomson has done well when called upon.

In midfield Driver has been as expected, Kingston has been passable but the other CMs (Eggert, Palazuelos and Black) have been poor. It is an area i need to improve. Suso has been a reasonable back up on the right.

Up front Glen has been good in limited chances.

From the signings the winger Grandin has been the pick. 7.23 AR with 3 goals and 3 assits in 14 games. Camara has been decent up top with 12 in 20 games now.

Onwards and upwards!

Played up to the SPL split now.

As expected ended up out of the Uefa despite 10pts. Lost to PSV away 2 nil with 2 penalties (far to many on this game...).

SPL form has improved dramatically though. Table at the split :

table1.png

Busy January transfer window helped:

Out:

Nade - Released - Never played and wanted to free up wage bill

Obua - Released - Same

Balogh - Released - Same

Witteveen - Released - Same

Palazuelos - £100k - Change of formation meant less CM needed

Black - £100k - Same as above, these 2 were not playing well so had to go

Jonsson - £1.3million - Needed to raise money and Eggert was only performing average

Kurchaski - £40k - no longer required,

Templeton - £500k - Had not developed enough at 21, and needed to raise cash

Zaliukas - £1million - temprement still a prob, and money was too good to turn down.

In:

Samir Kouakbi - £160k - 20yr old keeper from Marseille, great potential and good enough to be number 2 right away. Was also recomended to help Grandin settle

Freddy Grisales - £90k - Cheap and vastly experienced with still great stats. Great player to cover midfield and more than capable of starting. Also an old CM fav of min lol

Andreu Fontas - £95k - Scout found this guy playing for Barcelona B, also vice captain of Spain U20. As good as my existing CB already and huge potential. Amazed he came to me from Barca, but delighted

Guus Joppen - £300k - Had my eye on this guy to replace Zali. 20yr old and playin for Helmond sport. Very similar stats and potential to Fontas.

Dmitris Sotiropoulos - £100k - Regen from Gillingham who scouts raved about.

Gonzalo Barreto - £475k - Deal agreed in the summer and still pleased with it

Robert Lewandowski - £1.3million - Last signing i made and took every last penny i had in transfer budget and salary. Boy was he worth it! 18 goals in 13 game so far!

Glen has also gone on a tear since January 15 goals in 14 games.

Hoping to secure 3rd place in the last 6 games, 2nd is probably a bit too much. Also got a scottish cup semi v celtic after i put out rangers in the quarters.

hope the signings info are of some help to anyone else playing as the JT's!

I just finished my first season as Jambos boss but I'm playing the excellent Scottish Pyramid edition of the game, finished my first season. Signed Sol Campbell on a free lol he's been a rock

I came a disappointing 5th in the league after a terrible end to the season but did much better than expected in the Europa League.

I beat Benfica 1-0 away and then 4-2 to get to the group stage. I then got drawn with Basel, Cluj and Braga and managed to come second. In the knockout got beat soundly from Everton.

Just starting my second season. Signed Kyle, Mulgrew and Barr on pre contracts.

I might be having a bad time but not as bad as hibs they got beat 7-0 off celtic and i have found my man in G rudolf who plays for debrecen and is amazing

Just looked him up in my game, at the end of season one. He scored 25 in 40 games for Debrecen with an AR of 7.40. Looks good:thup:

I try to avoid signing other players from the SPL, as they are generally gash.

If you can raise some cash, try and get Lewandowski. Ended up with 19 goals in 18 games for me after signing.

Glen is worth playing, takes a while to come good but ended up with 22 goals in 27 games for the season.

I ended my season beating celtic to 3rd place, but Dundee Utd were too far clear and they finished second. So split the OF right enough, but still only end up 3rd!

Lost in the SC semi to celtic, played my reserves as it was right in the run in when i needed win the league games to get 2nd or 3rd place.

There is some decent youth available on bosman at end of season one. The ones i have signed are :

Ritchie De Laet - Man Utd - 21yr old DRLC with good stats and potential. Solid back up

Thomas Fontaine - Lyon - 19yr old D/DM L with great potential. Great youngster

Alexander Kacaniklic - Liverpool - 18yr old AM L with good potential. Good youngster

Franck Moussa - Southend - 20yr old AM LC with good stats and great potential.

Mathieu Peybernes - Sochaux - 19yr old DC with good stats and great potential.

All were happy to come to Hearts and dont demand massive wages. Worth a look.

Everyone else given up on the JTs?

I am having a great 2nd season following on from above.

Have led from the front in the league since day 1, been very tight with Rangers right on my tail and the others well off the pace. Went out league cup early to Falkirk as i played my entire reserve team.

In europe i had to go through 2 qualy rounds, but was seeded both times which helped. Ended up in Europa group with Palermo, Fenerbace and BATE. Finished 3rd on 8pts, again going out after an away defeat in final game (2 nil at Fenerbace). Inexperience cost us vital points. We turned a 2 nil lead at HT home to Fenerbace into a 2 all draw, and despite scoring in the 91st minute at BATE to go 2 v 1 up, ended up 2 all.

Went out the Scottish cup at QF stage to Celtic with a poor performance.

Success has been based on keeping Glen and Lewandoski together up top, and bringing in a few top class signings pre-season.

I was given a £6million budget (after declaring i could win the league) and sold Driver for £4.2million and McGowan for £4million. With the proceeds brought in :

Paulo Henrique - a classy 20yr Brazilian AMC who looks great stats wise and potentially world class (Gets WP on appeal). Cost £6million but worth it

Nicolas Otamendi - 22yr old Argie CB who was already an internation and huge potential. A rock type defender. Cost £1.3milion (a bargain)

Jovan Memedi - 19yr old Swiss regen AMR/FC with great stats for a regen, scouts already rate him better than my current. Cost £1.1million and did well although ended up rotating with Grandin as Grandin was playing so well

Zezinho - 18yr old Brazilan AMLC with huge potential and good enough to start already. Cost £2million with WP on appeal.

Have now just won the league, 10pts clear with 3 games to play!

JAMBOS ARE CHAMPIONS :D:D:D

If anyone wants screenies of the signings or of how any current player develops let me know. Still have Wallace and Craig Thomsons in my starting 11 and Novikovas is still in the squad

I haven't given up finished my 2nd season was a huge improvement from the 1st season. Finished 2nd in the league with Celtic taken the championship this year. Winners in the Scottish cup was a good achivement.

Need to try and bring in some fresh players but im building a young team thats the youngest in the league so looks good for the future.

Yeah Mad Vlad has a habbit of selling players in the game. Andy Driver was sold from underneath me and bad thing happened Craig Thomson wanted to leave to go to a bigger club and has moved to West Brom for £4.5m but after a loan at Portsmouth who are in the Championship Jonathan Brown has filled in for him and is doing well.

Everyone else given up on the JTs?

I am having a great 2nd season following on from above.

Have led from the front in the league since day 1, been very tight with Rangers right on my tail and the others well off the pace. Went out league cup early to Falkirk as i played my entire reserve team.

In europe i had to go through 2 qualy rounds, but was seeded both times which helped. Ended up in Europa group with Palermo, Fenerbace and BATE. Finished 3rd on 8pts, again going out after an away defeat in final game (2 nil at Fenerbace). Inexperience cost us vital points. We turned a 2 nil lead at HT home to Fenerbace into a 2 all draw, and despite scoring in the 91st minute at BATE to go 2 v 1 up, ended up 2 all.

Went out the Scottish cup at QF stage to Celtic with a poor performance.

Success has been based on keeping Glen and Lewandoski together up top, and bringing in a few top class signings pre-season.

I was given a £6million budget (after declaring i could win the league) and sold Driver for £4.2million and McGowan for £4million. With the proceeds brought in :

Paulo Henrique - a classy 20yr Brazilian AMC who looks great stats wise and potentially world class (Gets WP on appeal). Cost £6million but worth it

Nicolas Otamendi - 22yr old Argie CB who was already an internation and huge potential. A rock type defender. Cost £1.3milion (a bargain)

Jovan Memedi - 19yr old Swiss regen AMR/FC with great stats for a regen, scouts already rate him better than my current. Cost £1.1million and did well although ended up rotating with Grandin as Grandin was playing so well

Zezinho - 18yr old Brazilan AMLC with huge potential and good enough to start already. Cost £2million with WP on appeal.

Have now just won the league, 10pts clear with 3 games to play!

JAMBOS ARE CHAMPIONS :D:D:D

If anyone wants screenies of the signings or of how any current player develops let me know. Still have Wallace and Craig Thomsons in my starting 11 and Novikovas is still in the squad

How did you get so much?

You'll be gutted if it's another Russian mob member! LOL

Got a Scottish mob no tycoon tho.

wiped the clubs debt then got another £20mil loan wtf?

gave me £3.2 mill to spend on players.

i finished 5th last season,got to the final of both cups only to get beat

from Celtic (league cup) Aberdeen (Scottish cup)

Got a Scottish mob no tycoon tho.

wiped the clubs debt then got another £20mil loan wtf?

gave me £3.2 mill to spend on players.

i finished 5th last season,got to the final of both cups only to get beat

from Celtic (league cup) Aberdeen (Scottish cup)

Really? 5th lol .... who do you play and what formation?

I've only done the demo, waiting until Christmas for the game! I can't wait ... got so many good players on our books. I aim for third this season, second next and then 1st.

4-0 down at half time against Dundee Utd trying to play 442... having not paid attention to anything to do with tactics really Any tips?

You need to look at the attributes and play the best players that your assistant says to begin with until you see for yourself .... what's your team?

You need to look at the attributes and play the best players that your assistant says to begin with until you see for yourself .... what's your team?

I'm actually the Hearts researcher for FM so I was thinking I shoudl be able to pick the best team going but I have not played too much FM as i've been hooked on FML lately.

Team is in a 442

Balogh, Lauren, Wallace, Zali, Jose, Suso, Kingston, Ruben, Driver, Elliot, Glen

Really? 5th lol .... who do you play and what formation?

I've only done the demo, waiting until Christmas for the game! I can't wait ... got so many good players on our books. I aim for third this season, second next and then 1st.

I play 4-2-4 works well for me lotsa goals

GK Baloch

DF Wallace

DF Jonsson/Thomson

DF Concalves

DF Mcgowan

W Driver

W Kingston/Suso

MC Stweart

MC palazeulos

FC Glen

FC Elloit

Gave nade a rigoius training schedule but to no avail so

he went on a free transfer at the end of the season.

I gave Up and started again cause i get really bored,

like i want to win everything in a few seasons

I'm back to my Hearts game after a short break and save to manage A.C Milan which was far to easy. I'm back to win the title for the jambos change of tactics could help a 4-3-3 was good last season but im going to go to my A.C tactics of a 4-4-2 diamond and hope that this works well.

That's me through season 1, managed to win the title by about 6 points.

Mariano Tripodi was a revelation, scoring in excess of 40 goals.

Just doing some shopping.

Where did you get him from? and how much?

I'm using what we have atm, apart from Camera which I signed ... looking to buy about 5 new players though, mainly for back up!

Archived