FM10 : Official No-One Likes us we don't Care, Millwall Thread

danthedrip

Let's all Come down to the Den and Welcome to Millwall Thread for Football Manager 2010

0,,10367~5343774,00.jpg

Millwall Football Club is an English football team based in Bermondsey in the South East of London. They currently play in Football League One. Their traditional strip consists of blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks.Their ground is called The New Den.

The team nickname is The Lions, previously, The Dockers. They changed the nickname after being referred to as "Lions" for their acts of giant killing in their FA Cup run of 1900, when they reached the semi final. They adopted a lion emblem, and the motto: We Fear No Foe Where E'er We Go. The emblem, however, was not added to their shirts until 1936. They also reached the semi final in 1903, and 1937, while they went one better and reached the final in 2004http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WYwywD5LPE&feature=related, losing to Manchester United

, But due too Man United already qualifing for europe it meant the mighty Lion's got there chance, However it was short lived going out just before the group stage. Millwall Haven't had much luck in winning Competitions, the last sucess coming in 2001 in which they won the league but have appeared in the Auto Windscreen Shields Final 1999 and of course the F.A Cup Final 2004, so with this team you can really write some History!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Eo7QxOZWw&feature=PlayList&p=88F89CB443DB4CAA&index=9

Former Famous Faces

Steve Claridge

Harry Cripps

John Fashanu

Teddy Sheringham

Dennis wise

Tim Cahill

Lucas Neill

Tony Cascarino

Mick McCarthy

Kasey Keller

Steven Reid

Club Info

Founded: 1885

Legends: Neil Harris, Barry Kitchener, Terry Hurlock, Harry Cripps, Keith Stevens

Icons: Tim Cahill

Favoured Personel: Les Briley, Paul Robinson, Steven Reid, Steve Claridge, Stuart Nethercott, Alan McLeary, Ian Dawes, Kasey Keller, Steve Gritt

Very Fierce Rivals: West Ham (as you may have seen)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l9JJALYOC0

Other Rivals: Pretty much everyone else lol

Kits

Home: Blue and white shirts, blue shorts, blue socks

0,,10794~7008409,00.gif

Away: Red and Black Stripped shirt, black shorts, black socks

0,,10794~7008405,00.gif

Finances

Estimated Value: 8.5m (5m Loan Debt)

Balance: £795.000

Transfer Budget: £100.000

Remaining Wage Budget: £2,700

Stadium

_41009322_millwall_pa_416x300.jpg

Ground: The New Den

Capacity: 20,146

Undersoil Heating: Yes

Season Ticket Holders: 4,500

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Avergae + Youth Academy

Staff

Chairman: John Berylson

General Managers: Andy Ambler, Rick Bradbrook

Directors: Constsntine Gonticas, Peter Garston, Trevor Keyse

Manager: YOU

Asst Manager: Joe Gallen

Coach: Richard Shaw

Gk Coach: Tony Burns

Fitness Coach: John Goodman

Youth Coaches: Les Briley, Scott Fitzgerald

Physio: Bobby Bacic

Scouts: Robert Turner, Bernie Dillon, Simon Pullen, Ronnie Boyce

The Squad

Goalkeepers

David Forde is our 6ft tall Irish shot stopper, ever present last season and a goalie you can rely on to give your defenders a stern telling off if they require it plus he can save the odd penalty

John Sullivan, Recently joined from Brighton

Defence

Paul Robinson, The complete defender, unlucky with injury this season and last, starts with a 2-4 month lay off, Stick him in the box for free kicks and Corners as he can pinch a few

Zak Whitbread, Along with Robbo these two make the best central partnership in the division, but again with robbo injured for the start off the campaign, also look likely to lose the ex liverpool american defender due to not signing a new contract, keep him if you can!!

Andy Frampton, Solid centre back, hugely passionate about the club!!

Tony Craig, Can play at left back of in the middle, great little defender

Alan Dunne, Usually plays more at right back, but can slip into midfield too, can be a little aggresive at times but brave with it!

Other Defenders

Scott Barron, Jack Smith, Hopefully in the full game we may have Darren Ward in the squad

Midfield

David Martin, Superb left winger, can run past players and put in a good cross, has the odd off day tho, get him too take the random long shot as i can sometimes pay-off

Chris Hackett, same as martin but uses his skill on the right, prefers a more attacking role

Jimmy Abdou, Enjoys the defensive role, tracks back and puts in a solid tackle, you gotta love the guy

Ali Fuseni, product of the good Millwall academy, attacking mentality, high work rate, stamina and fitness

Other Midfielders

Adam Bolder, Danny Schofield, Marc Laird, Jason Price, Hopefully in the Full game we'll have James Henry who has been quality

Forwards

Gary Alexander, always puts in 110% whatever, not ususally a regular goal scorer but can pop up with moments of brilliance Eg. scoring the best ever goal at wembley in the Play-off Finalhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQOuIHrQ11Q

Steve Morison, Newly signed from stevenage for £130k, looks the money and could be the goal scorer we need to get 15+ a season

Neil Harris, The Legend That is!!!!!! This guy is Millwall, his lack of pace can sometimes cause a problem, but his eye for goal is immense, You have to keep this man in your team cos if you need to pinch a goal, Bomber is the man!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IxLeSfoTh0&feature=PlayList&p=88F89CB443DB4CAA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

Kids To Watch

Omar Beckles, Kiernan Hughes-Mason, John Marquis

Evaluation

Theres a great foundation to start with here, with the defensive already sorted (Keeping Robbo and Whitbread that is) a quality creative midfielder and a 15+ goalscorer are the missing links i feel

If i have left anythin out or they are any Questions please ask

Your imput is needed too, to make sure all the Millwalls out in FM Land are Successful!!!!!

Please write in and let me know

and hey No-One likes us but we Don't care!!!!!!!

Millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

I plan on doing my career game with Millwall once the game comes out but I have done a bit of a squad anaylisis.

David Forde is a solid first choice. Great shot stopper, may make a mistake or two but will also save the side a few points with saves. John Sullivan looks similar style of goalkeeper and is a decent backup who will improve.

Tony Craig is the best leftback in the side. He is quick, strong and good in the air. He also looks a solid centreback and should be a permenant member of the team. Scott Barron is the other leftback although he can play on the left wing. He is quick, good defensively and good technically so I think he is capable of playing as more of an attacking fullback then Craig.

At rightback you got two rightbacks who should be starting. Alan Dunne is useful as he can play all up the right as well in the centre and he provides plenty of energy, workrate and tough tackling. Danny Senda can also play all up the right side,although he is out for the first season with a major injury. He is different to Dunne in that he is full of speed and loves to get forward and run at players. Marcus Bignot is at the club and is useful due to his versatility. He will always put in a good shift and is a good backup. Jack Smith is heavily underrated in my eyes and is rubbish on the game. I would sell him although I plan to give him a higher CA and more ability as a centreback.

Paul Robinson is indisipensable in my eyes. He is great in the air, powerful in the tackle and the team leader. Don't sell him is my advice. Zak Whitbread is a good partner and he is a great centreback. Great in the air, strong in the tackle, Whitbread can also bring the ball out of defence and spread it from deep. Andy Frampton is a good third choice at centreback and leftback. He isn't especially talented but he will work so hard for the team and is a leader in the squad.

On the leftwing you got two option to choose from. Dave Martin can play on the left wing, as an attacking midfielder in the centre or as an attacking wingback. He can beat players, has plenty of speed and energy as well as a great shot. Danny Schofield is a very useful player. He can play all across the midfield, although he likes the left the best as he can cut in on his right foot. He is technicaly excellent, can beat a man and again has a great shot.

Chris Hackett looks the main option on the right wing. Hackett is a real natural winger. He is quick, runs at players and whips crosses into the box, and he can play as an attacking wingback, so you can have a real dangerous option on the right. Jason Price is another option on the right side although he can also as a centremidfielder and up front. He is quite an average player but he works hard and gets stuck in, so acts as a versatile backup.

In the middle of the park your spoilt for options. Nadjim Abdou in my eyes should be a undroppable as he is vital in the engine room. He works so hard, gets stuck in and gives the ball to better players to create. Great at what he does as the ball winner. I would partner him with Adam Bolder. Bolder works really hard box to box getting involved with everything and really flying into tackles. Ali Fuesini is a good attacking option. He has plenty of speed, energy, he can beat a player and create goals. Marc Laird is a solid backup. He will work hard and distribute the ball well although he doesn't have enough to push out the other 3.

Up front you have again plenty of options although no one specially stands out as a starter. Neil Harris is a useful player. He may have lost a yard of space, but he will work very hard, come deep to get the ball and create as well as putting away any chances he gets. Great player to link up attack and midfield. Lewis Grabban can play up front or as a right winger, and brings blistering speed and plenty of energy. He is frustrating but can really expose slow defences. Gary Alexander is a nightmare for any defender. He works so hard and gets really stuck into defenders, but he is also capable of scoring from distance or in the box. I don't really rate Ashley Grimes but he is very quick, and can play as a forward or a player breaking from centre midfield. Might be worth a chance. I think Steve Morrison has plenty of potential. He is big, good in the air, hardworking and has a great scoring record. Could be a good bet as a fox in the box kind of forward.

I will post more when the game is realesed

Just started as us as well!

Updated the squad so we have Henry and Ward on loan. Have bought in Jose Baxter as well who I'll probably partner with Harris. Rest of the squad looks great and glad to see they've finally given us some decent stats. Think I might need a partner for Abdou though, Laird, Fuseini and Bolder look good but want to try and get a young attacking midfielder, maybe onloan.

I have started now and we are 6th after 5 games. I have been playing some lovely football although I have struggled up front and in defence.

Jimmy Abdou is an amazing player on this. Wins so many tackles and distribution is great. Harris has been a mainstay of my forward line although he is struggling to finish. Scott Barron has been excellent, Ali Fuseini has been great and Paul Wotton who I signed on a 3 month loan has been great and scored a hattrick on his debut.

Was on it all night, finished 4th but lost in the Play-offs to Charlton! Into my second season now, managed to flog Whitbread to QPR before his contract expired and got £1.9m up-front with a bit more in instalments so a pretty good deal and replaced him with De Laet for £400k. Got Fleck and Anichebe on loan for the season so they should provide a great partnership!

Hello. Big Millwall fan...

Just started the game, and I notice that Jack Smith is in the reserves. As I have not played any games yet, is he any good on FM 2010? He is certainly playing well in real life!

Was also going to try to get Izzy Irekpen, or, what DC would you recommend getting in the short term whilst Robbo is out and Whitbred is 'injured'?

I modifed Jack Smith, I gave him 15 to play CB, 10 CA boost and a 2 point boost on determination, workrate and bravery. He is much more realistic then.

He is solid with those stats, and he has yet to make a mistake but isn't quite good enough to knock out other defenders.

I got Paul Wotton on a 3 month loan and he is brilliant as he is solid defensively, especially with Tony Craig covering him, but he can also get forward and score. He hit 7 goals for me before the end of his loan spell all from Freekick, long shot and penalties. Also create plenty.

Really recomend him.

I nearly got the sack as we slipped to 15th, but I turned it around and we now 7th thanks to main super Neil who is now my top scorer.

I have found Grabban so frustrating. Gets into so many great positions but cant finish at all. I have got the best out of Schofield finally although I am fighting of a squad revolt led by Whitbread, Bolder and Martin.

I'm top of league 1 after 20 games. Demoted Gallen to coach and brought in a new Assistant manager, whose name escapes me. He was unnattached and his stats were better.

Sold:

Jimmy Abdou

Gary Alexander

Ashley Grimes

Also selling Zak Whitbred for the right price as he wants to leave...

Bought:

Paul Wotton

Vincent Pericard

Willy Topp

Izzy Iperkien (?)

Vincent Pericard is my top goal scorer, with Neil Harris a few goals less. Grabban blows hot and cold as he does in real life. Schofield performs better on the left wing than Dave Martin. Price is usually good value when replacing Neil Harris on the 70th minute up front in a 4-3-3 formation.

Best team is currently:

.........................................Forde.........................................

Dunne..............Robinson........................Izzy....................Craig

.........................................Wotton.......................................

Hackett...................................................................Schofield

..................Harris................Pericard................Topp...............

Hey Guys

Finally got going.............

Taken some advice from some earlier posts so ta for them................

Not tinkered to much with squad so far as made quite a good start, Players i have brought in are Richie de Laet to cover for the injuries to Zak and Robbo, also Arsenal gave me Gavin Hoyte as part of my Feeder club deal. I took Baxter on loan from Everton as i lost Alexander for six weeks in pre season.

Starting Xl at the moment:

Forde

Dunne de Laet Frampton Craig

Abdou

Hackett Bolder Martin

Harris Baxter

Struggling to get goals at the mo so i'll look at Pericard and Topp, I put Morison in the Reserves to get a few goals as he seems not to play with Confidence

How long do Robbo and Zak take to come Back?

Any Tactics Advice?

Funnily enough got West Ham at home in the Carling Cup, Banter!!!!!!!!!!!

Just started a game with Millwall. We are pretty good on the game which is nice. Im currently 3rd. I started off really well but then hit a little struggle and didnt win for 3 games. Turned it around with a huge thumping vs Leeds though with Grabban and Bolder getting 2 each in a 4-1 win. I only bought in Bostock from Tottenham on loan and have kept everyone. Whitbread is starting to cause trouble but as long as he plays well il just sell him in january to ease some of the debt. Grabbam and Alexander have got such a great understanding upfront and have like 9 goals each and ive only played about 12 games roughly.

Great input guys. Glad to see a thread about my favourite team and always choice No1 in FM Millwall.

Here is my Millwall story together with my view on the tactical side of the game.

I'm really enjoying my game with the Lions as we are currently sitting 1 in Championship (January 2011) in my second season which is absolutely fantastic achievement exceeding even my own expectations.

First season I won League 1 even though it was a frantic end of the season. I managed to throw away a 6-point gap to find myself at 3rd place before the last game of the season. The table was as follows:

1. Leeds 86 p. + 39 GD

2. Charlton 86 p. + 24 GD

3. Millwall 85 p. + 32 GD

4. Huddersfield 85 p. + 28 GD

The fixtures:

Leeds-Huddersfield

Charlton-Yeovil (already relegated as 24th)

Colchester (mid-table around 10th place, no chance for the playoffs) - Millwall

So it was not looking very good for me but it turned out to be a great day as Huddersfield beat Leeds 2-0 away and Charlton (being reduced to 10 men right from the start) only drew to Yeovil at home 0-0 and I managed to sneak a 3-2 away victory at Colchester in a memorable rainy day, Harris scoring the winner 20 minutes from time with Colchester coming twice from behind. On top of that I played Leeds at home, day 45, and I drew 1-1 with Harris scoring again in 90'+2 from the penalty spot... a point that proved crucial at the end. I must say whoever wrote the script couldn't write it better than this... I was completely estatic and in my Colchester game I was pausing the game every single minute in the last 20 to check every single detail (and my opponents results of course) to make sure I don't throw away again my lead.

During my first season, I didn't make any drastic changes to the squad - though I have to say that I made a key signing in the likes of Iliasu Shilla (CD, on free transfer). Luckily he is speaking English and he is Ghanaian and linked very well with young Ali Fuseini. Again I was lucky because when my scouts found him he was already on trial at Bristol City but when I checked his stats I offered him contract immediately and beat their offer. He is Premiership quality (my best player), able to use both feet, an absolute bargain. I couldn't belaive that Bristol brought him on trial.

My preferred starting line-up is:

GK: Forde

Defense:

DL: Craig (Barron) - they played 50/50, with Barron my prefered option when I need more attacking options on the left wing (so mostly when playing at home) and Craig also being used quite often as DC due to injuries

DC: Robinson - Iliasu (rock solid couple), I'm a big fan of Whitbread but it was clear that he was going to leave at the end of the season, so waited until February after the end of the transfer window and sold him for 800k. In that way I kept him till the end of the season and at the same time got some decent money for him.

DR: Dunne - this is maybe a potential weakness of the team as practically, he has no good cover as Jack Smith is highly undervalued and Hacket is not good at right back. Luckily Dunne didn't get injured and with his excellent levels of stamina and strenght he managed to play the whole season on top level.

Andy Frampton played also his role especially at the beginnng of the season when both Robbo and Zak are long-term injured and he is always ready to come as a sub in the last minutes to hold on to the lead.

Midfiled:

ML: David Martin - key player, unstoppable on the left, excellent for corners and free-kicks. Even now in the Championship he has already picked 7-8 MOM from 23 games.

MR: Hacket - again as Martin, a key player, I used them both as attacking (rarely support) wingers and these are the players that provide the goals for me.

MCr: Abdou - again a key player, ball winning midfielder with defensive mentality, I can only confirm what danthedrip and millwallrules say about him

MCl: Adam Bolder - my deep-lying playmaker, though I used him also as box-to-box and central midfielder depending on my strategy for the game (back-up: Ali Fuseini: I consider him still young for a regular first team, but he has the potential, I use him as attacking playmaker or central midfielder). I played them 65/35 in favour of Bolder

Laird - solid back-up again, he is very versatile and therefore very useful player

Schofield - I used him from time to time as he adds plenty variety to my tactics (in the midfield), he even scored some important goals but in general I have the feeling that I didn't manage to find his best position

Jason Price - another versatile player, I used him both as striker but also on the right midfield as in contrast to Hackett (who is a typical winger, fast with dribbling skills), Price can play as a wide midfielder strengthening the defense and useful when I prefer to play more through the middle

Attack:

ST: Alexander - target man, key player, he became the league top scorer with 28 goals some of them real crackers. What can I say, I'm absolutely delighted with Gary, he continues to bang them in even in the Championship. Very constant performer, excellent in the air simply enjoying the crosses coming from Martin and Hacket but scored some long-shots out from nothing that have turned the course of several tough games.

FC: Harris - the legend; my deep lying forward (support), he complements with Alexander superbly. The man for the big games. His backup was Grabban as Lewis offered tactical variety as he is exactly the opposite to Harris - quick advanced forward playing on the shoulder of the last defender. Though, I must say Grabban is not very consistent player as he can miss some of the most CCC. Still he had 2-3 good spells during the season.

Morrison - target man, backup to Alexander. Given Gary's form, he didn't play a lot, but again he is quite useful, I experimented with him and Gary playing together, so with two big target men when I was chasing a score in the last 15-20 minutes, the rest of team just sending the ball into the box. Their physical presence in the box always caused panic and brought me the desired result in most of the cases. Though, as Grabban, Steve doesn't seem very consistent player as he also misses a lot CCC.

I brought three more players on free and one on loan but mainly to serve as back-up and to add variety:

Rohan Rickets AM LRC - mainly as backup to Hacket, but also I used him as inside forward on the left wing as he is right-footed

Seyfo Soley - DC, MC - a big towering defender or defensive midfielder with excellent physical and technical attributes, cover for the DC and MCd (Abdou) positions

Ze Rui - left winger, backup to Martin, he has much better attributes than Martin but he has problems settling in (he is Portuguese) as he doesn't speak English; still he played a vital role as he almost always stepped in as a sub to Martin (whose fitness level drops to 70% after 60 minutes) to finish the constantly tormented right back of the opposition.

Baxter - on loan from Everton. I see that most of you have also brought him but I really used him on rare occasions. i don't like playing 'mercenaries' when I have my own options.

I converted all my transfer budget to the payroll to afford this as with £100.000 you are not able to buy more quality anyway.

As you can see I play the classic 4-4-2 as this is the best suited formation to Millwall strenghts to my opinion. Very solid at the back, two hard-working central midfielders, two classic wingers and good options in the attack as well. I like a lot 4-4-2 as it is very balanced and even with some small tweaks, you could changed it considerably.

We are lucky to have a really good team in the game as it is in reality :)

Occasionally, I switch to 4-4-1-1 (mostly away) and 4-5-1 (1DM-2CM-2 inside forwards at the AMR and AML positions) to bring some tactical surprises. I always do this when I feel that I'm entering a bad spell of form or when I find it appropriate based on the opposition.

I can tell you the rest of the story when I finish my season in the Championship, if you are interested. Everything is going great at the moment but I didn't have my bad spell of results yet, those games when you feel that everything goes against you (something that always happen) and I'm sure that it will come at some point.

I pay a lot of attention to my coaches (i also hired new assistant) so to have at least 3.5 stars in all my training categories, to trainings and to my... scouting network as I rely a lot on free transfers to strengthen my squad. I didn't get any budget for my second season finished the first with a negative balance. And I have to say that my scouts did great... yes, I play with a large database.

Im so gutted. Just got into January on my first year and the chairman accepted a bid from plymouth for Jimmy Abdou. I agree with everyone else he is amazing and ive just lost the engine room of my midfield. Next game i lost 2-1 to southampton. Just bought in Wotten to steady the ship but im currently sitting 3rd 4 points off the top in mid january. Hopfully i dont lose anymore key players and make a push for promotion.

Great input Fujitsu, definatly take some notes from that as i've had to start afresh due to switching the game from my laptop to desktop.

Just out of interest who did you bring in as your assit Man?

keep the posts coming.....................

Sorry, could no tell you the name right now, not at home, but it was not some of the big names as you would guess. Quite simply a good assistant manager, with high motivation and tactical knowledge and at least decent (+10) man management, determination and scouting abilities as he will report to you on a number of issues and I consider that he needs that as well.

Last night I played 5 games then I stopped because things started to get out of control. First on 1st of January I lost to Bristol City for the FA Cup (I'm very unlucky in the cup games, the maximum was a Fourth round in the League Cup), they scored the winner in a completely even game in the very last second, then I drew at home against Swansea in a game I dominated (1-1), they scored the eqaulizer again in the last minute and then... everything went all wrong... I lost three games in a row including and my performances were terrible, I felt powerless to do anything... and I stopped. Call me superstitious but I beleive that you need to take a break and re-launch the game in order to get back on track, otherwise you cannot get out of this black hole, no matter what you do...

Yesterday I just said that I haven't 'enjoyed' my bad spell of results and here it comes like I've ordered it. Sometimes, it is so frustrating, a small piece of luck can change everything around...

Well im into my second season. I bought in 2 loan deals since i had no money to spend whatsoever. Bought in Borini from chelsea and a youngster called Mcgiven from Manchester City. We are sitting a steady 15th in the championship. Not great away but playing really well at home.

how many games did you play in the Championship?

I think that you need to bring in some more class in order to be successful in that Division. Of course, look mostly for free transfers as we don't have any money and the Board is giving some ridiculous 15% from the players sold. But there are really good options on the free transfer market... I got some really good players before the start of the second season (my first in the Championship) and I'm really proud to bring back Lucas Neill to the team (32 now)... made him captain right away with his influence of 19 and high determination. A bit unfair to Robbo I must admit...

Anyway just finished my first season in the Championship, got to the playoffs as 4th throwing away a comfortable 8 point gap (end of December). I had a terrible second half of the season with few winless runs - one of them lasted 8 games... it was really painful to watch at times as my team suddenly turned into a mediocre side making stupid errors. Anyway, a bit unlucky in the playoffs losing to Pompey (first 0-0 away and than I lost at home 0-1, an own goal 3 minutes from time... really harsh). At moment I thought that the game turned against me and decided that it was too early for me to get promoted, I was so unlucky at times, everything was going against me.... Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to finish 4th in my first season but the way things went after Christmas was really annoying at times.

So, beginning of the third season, media prediction is to finish 6th, my Board wants me to get to the playoffs already!!! For that they gave me 200K for transfers (the balance being already a healthy 3.5M). That is third season in a row when I don't get any money for transfers and this time there weren't many bargains on the free transfer market so basically I will stick to the same squad with only 3 good additions to the squad - Lorenzo Davids (Edgar Davids cousin), Bryan Robson (though 32 now) from Celtic and a chilean striker with some solid stats as both Alexander and Harris are getting too old unfortunately and their stats (space and acceleration) dropped considerably.

I'm personnally aiming for promotion but I will have to regain the same rythm that I started last season... let's see what will happen

Hey Guys

Still getting on, All-be-it slowly in my first season, but i have one niggly problem that keeps bugging me, during games my assis man always give me feedback that our tackling has been poor, rubbish etc, even tho i have the best defensive record in the league and have kept endless clean sheets he still comes up with it, you guys had this problem?? can't believe you bought Neill back Fujitsu he played for the Dark side (West Ham)lol, any chance of some screen shots?? And i agree with the percentages you have to pay to sell people on, its scandulous!!!!!

Millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished my second season in the championship finishing 14th. I was quite pleased with that considering i bought in 3 youth players from the premiership. Grabban finished with 16goals and Borini finishing with 14. I found with my form i lost more points against the lesser teams than the bigger teams. I usually put a preformance in against them. Anyway pre-season and i have made a load of new signings. Unfortunatly Chris Hackett left me on a free and so did Laird. I got some great deals on free transfers this year though bringing in Peter Wittingham, Danny Shittu, Jermaine Beckford all for free. The only money signing i made was Joe Lewis from Peterborough for 600k. I only had that money because i sold Steve Morison to Wolves for 800k!! This is my current starting line up that i intend to start the league with:

GK: Lewis

DL: Craig

DR Dunne/Senda

DC Robbo

DC Shittu

MC Wittingham

MC Bolder/Fusieni

ML Martin

MR Grabban

FC Beckford

FC Harris/Alexander

Im thinking of scouting about for a few youth players than can give me abit more of an attacking option. Since Harris and Alexander are getting abit old. My current aim is to try and get a playoff space. It might be abit of a struggle but my media prediction of 15th shouldnt be hard to beat.

Hey Guys

Still getting on, All-be-it slowly in my first season, but i have one niggly problem that keeps bugging me, during games my assis man always give me feedback that our tackling has been poor, rubbish etc, even tho i have the best defensive record in the league and have kept endless clean sheets he still comes up with it, you guys had this problem?? can't believe you bought Neill back Fujitsu he played for the Dark side (West Ham)lol, any chance of some screen shots?? And i agree with the percentages you have to pay to sell people on, its scandulous!!!!!

Millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tackling issue is well known and everybody gets it. It is related to a change in the way the game counts the tackles and in general, if you have a tackling percentage of 50% and higher it is OK, though your assistant will continue telling you that it is embarassing :) So my advice is to monitor yourself the tackling area and to ignore your assistant's advices.

I will try to post some screen-shots later on in the week. Is there something particular that you are interested in danthedrip?

Regarding Lucas Neill issue, I'm aware that he played for the 'dark side' but indeed I got him for free after he has been released from Everton where he played 09/10 season and Millwall is still his favourite club, so I think he was more than welcome...

I just started the third season and I still cannot find the rythm I lost... and it is now more than 8 months ago. I have 2W 3D 3L, lying on the 17th spot. Well it is still too early in the season and there is a long way to go but I need a major improvement now. The next game though is a cracker that could turn the whole season around - West Ham away for the League Cup (as this year in the real life)...

Cheers Fujitsu

Yeah the West Ham game usually comes about, had it on me first attempt but computer went doo-lally before i could play it!!! had them at home tho.

cheers bout the tackling issue, its so bloody fustrating, was playing southend away, won 4-0 and my tackles were a dissapointment, passing was sloppy, wasn't controlling the possesion and my shots weren't findin there targets Huh????????

Only 9 league games in at the mo but 2nd in the league and doing well, Alexander as my target man and Harris as a poacher really seems to work well even Morison has bagged a few. Got Knocked out in the League Cup 4th round too Watford as Craig had an utter Mare!!!!! 1.7 was his end rating lowest i've ever seen(Gave away Two pens and got sent off, Mint!)

Just wanna see if stats have improved on players, e.g Fuseni (if you still have him)

I know I'm a bit behind but trying to catch up

I lost to West Ham away 2-0 though it was pretty equal. We had the same amount of shots (15) and possession, but their better quality players seemed to play its part. It was a very entertaining match but really disappointed to lose to them. Again the problem is that it lead to a drastic drop in the morale, I recorded a serie of dismal results to find myself 20th with 2W 5D and 5L. Than I changed tactics drastically and build a completely new asymetric tactic to adapt it to my best players and managed to record a 3 wins streak including wins over WBA and Watford away 6-1!!!. Now, I'm 5-5-5, 12th and playoffs are again in my sight.

Fuseini - yes, he is still in my squad, and even scores from time and time as I used him as a sub mainly, I've found that he is very effective when I play on the break and him as a box-to-box, it is really nice to see Ali starting a run from the deep and catching on a through ball behind the defense - though he doesn't score them regularly. His stats didn't improve drastically like in previous versions of the game where he becomes a good Premiership player, I'll call him rather a standard Championship player.

Hey Guys

Up too the christmas now, slowly securing my position in the top 2. One point behind leeds at the top and five ahead of Norwich in third. Team seem to be settling well with Robbo and Zak back but did feel a little sorry for Framps and Ward as there were doing well.

Only managed to get a bid of 825k For Whitbread, i played him constantly to get his Value up a bit, did want a least a Mill really but the bank balance needs a bit of a boost!!!!!!!

need to bring some back up players in to cover some positions, lost Dunne to injury for a few weeks and only had Hackett suitable to fit in, also Forde picked up knock and Sullivan had to deputise but don't think he's up to standard. Other than that been lucky on the injury front but may need another striker incase the awesome Harris and Alexander partnership gets broken up, 28 goals between them

Any Suggetions for these positions?

Found it beneficial to have two different, but of the same tactic to have for home and away games. the Team won't get too confused as its only slight alterations but seems to bring great results. Currently using my own 4-1-3-2 tactic and using Jimmy as my ball winning midfielder to pass to Ali my box to box midfielder to put through Alexander my target man who then sets up my poacher in Harris.

Also Downloaded Tugs Training Schemes and my squads stats have improved well, also used the ones for the Youth Team too.

Hope all is going well

Millllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All

Been away on holiday so ain't been on here for a while...........

Finished my first season and managed to seal second spot after beating leeds 2-1 at there place. had a bit of an up and down season but luckily my home form kept strong and had a 20 game winning streak at the Den

2-Millwall-Won-26-Drew-8-Lost-11-For-92-Against-55-Pts-89

As You can see goals weren't a problem this season, Gary Alexander topping the charts at the club and in the league with 31, then Harris with 21 and Morison with 9

Best Eleven

Forde (apps 43/cln sheets14)

Dunne (31/0)

Craig (45/0)

Robinson (33/7)

Frampton (21/1)

Hackett (39/5)

Abdou (39/1)

Fuseni (43/6)

Martin (45/2)

Harris (42/21)

Alexander (43/31)

Transfers IN

Esmir Sabic Free

Oliver Norwood Loan

Danny Rose Loan

Stephen Darby Loan

Gustav Holmes 16k

Joe Heath Loan

Transfers OUT

Adam Bolder 190k

Zak Whitbread 825k

Jason Price 18k

And a Few Youngsters

Currently trying to assemble my squad for the championship, In Desperate need for a striker as Harris and Alexander are losing their pace rapidly

i'll report back just before the start of the season.............

Telac, Which players you brought in?

Milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• 2 months later...

Finally finished my first season on FM10 this is how it went.. i managed to sneak into the playoffs having seen Southend lose so having finished 6th i ended up playing Leeds United first game @ home i lost 2-0 :( so i thought that was the end of my chances of promotion for the season but the away leg was fantastic i won 3-0 :D best performance my team had managed all season by a clear distance.. in the playoff final i went 2 nil up but managed to lose 3-2 to Swindon :( gutted! anyhow sold a couple players and did abit of bargain buying mainly bringing in loans though ive played my first league game beating Hartlepool 2-0.

my team looks like this.

Goalkeeper - David Forde (David Groff)

Left Back - Kyle Naughton - Loan (Tony Craig, Scott Barron)

Centre Backs - John Kennedy, Paul Robinson (Tony Craig)

Right Back - Alan Dunne (Kyle Naughton)

Left Midfielder - Barry Bannon - loan (Guasmi i think it is? some french winger anyhow)

Centre Midfielders - Nadjim Abdou, Adam Bolder (Tom Taiwo, David Noble)

Right Midfielder - Chris Hackett

Forwards - Billy Sharp - Loan, Andy Carroll - Loan (Kayode Odejayi, Nathan Tyson)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived