FM10 Official FC Porto Thread

tameeris

Bem-vindo ao Porto

fcp-emblema.jpg

Winning since 1893

Introduction:

Foot-ball Club do Porto (original name) was founded in 1893 by António Nicolau d'Almeida after a business trip to England where he 'discovered' football. However, one year later António Nicolau d'Almeida abandoned this project due to his wife, who considered football to be too violent. In 1906 José Monteiro da Costa returned from England also fascinated by football and so FC Porto where reborn.

Since then Porto have won: two UEFA Champions league titles, one UEFA Cup, one European Supercup, two European/South American Cups, twenty-four Portuguese Leagues, fourteen Portuguese Cups and 16 Portuguese Supercups. Porto hold the national record of most international trophies (six) and of most Leagues in a row (five). Porto are now looking to tie this record, after winning the previous four Leagues, Porto are just one short of the next penta. Porto are also the european club with most trophies in the XXI century (sixteen).

Full name: Futebol Clube do Porto

Stadium: Estádio do Dragão (52.000 seater)

President: Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa

Coach: Jesualdo Fereira

Legend: Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa

Icons: José Mourinho, Jorge Costa, João Pinto, Paulo Futre, Fernando Couto, Vítor Baia, Madjer, Paulinho Santos, Domingos, Sir Bobby Robson, Artur Jorge, Ricardo Carvalho, Rui Barros, Mlynarczyk, Kostadinov

Fierce Rivals: Benfica, Sporting

Other Rivals: Boavista

Nickname: Dragões (Dragons), Azuis e brancos (blue and whites)

Fans nicknames: Portistas, Dragões, Tripeiros and Andrades

Budget:

Transfer Budget: €7M

Wage Budget: €325k

The Squad:

GK: Helton, Beto, Nuno

DC: Maicon, Nuno André Coelho, Bruno Alves (Cap), Rolando

DR: Fucile, Sãpunaru, Miguel Lopes

DL: Álvaro Pereira

DMC: Prediger, Fernando

MC: Raul Meireles (SubCap), Guarín, Tomás Costa, Belluschi, Valeri

AMR:Mariano González, Varela

AML: Cristián Rodríguez

ST: Falcao, Farías, Orlando Sá, Hulk

Recommended XI:

4-3-3:

GK: Helton

DR: Fucile

DC: Bruno Alves

DC: Rolando

DL: Pereira

DMC: Fernando

MC: Meireles

MC: Belluschi

AMR: Rodríguez

AML: Hulk (Varela)

ST: Falcao (Hulk)

4-4-2:

ML: Rodriguez

MR: Valeri

ST: Hulk

ST: Falcao

Squad Analysis:

Keepers: Helton seems the best of the three, but Beto is also looks quite good. Both are good enough, I would say that this position is covered. Can get Ochoa if you want to up the quality.

Full backs: Fucile and Pereira at the best full backs in the squad and they should do the job quite well too. Miguel Lopes looks decent and could be a good sub. Sãpunaru is the weakest link in this position and maybe should be sold. Using T.Costa as DR is a good idea, he is a good sub.

Centre backs: Bruno Alves is by far the best central defender in the squad. Rolando and Maicon look quite good but you'll probably need an extra defender. Maicon does turn out a good defender.

Centre midfielders: For a more defensive type player Fernando seems to be the best, Prediger looks ok, Guarin can also play as a DMC but he is better suited for a more offensive roll. Would recommend get another player here like Moussa Sissoko or playing Meireles as a DMC. In general Valeri, Belluschi and Meireles are the best players here. As for Tomás Costa he should also be a great backup but mainly because of his versatility.

Wingers: Rodriguez would be the key player here, Varela and Mariano are ok but won't really do for the first team. Retraining Hulk as a winger is probably a good solution for this. Also some talented players out on loan to look out for here (Barbosa, Candeias and Diogo Viana).

Strikers: Might need a new striker here if you play with two strikers. Hulk and Falcao are your best options here. Hulk as a complete forward will bag him a lot of goals.

In general the squad looks ok, but could do with a few new players. A new winger, central defender and a striker would probably make the squad complete. The midfield looks like the strongest position this year.

Key players: Bruno Alves, Meireles, Rodríguez and Hulk.

Transfers:

van der Vaart (AMC) is listed for transfer and should be a good signing.

Jorge Andrade (DC) is a free agente and looks quite good.

Nélson (DR) listed for transfer and would be a good extra full back.

Di Maria (AML).

Geromel (DC).

Grafite (ST) but might be just over the budget.

Ronaldo (ST).

Antunes (DL).

Smolarek (ST)

article-0-017C323B00000578-539_468x313.jpg

This is the home of the true champions, welcome and good luck!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi i just started playing FM 2010 and the tactics have change a lot and i would like to now if any one has a formation that is working for you whit Porto i have ben playing a 4 5 1 and is working but i want to now how you are playing ...

I haven't started a game with them yet. I just got the demo to check out player stats :p

When I've got the full game I'll try to help out more.

van der Vaart, is a priority from day 1. this is a big spoiler btw :p

I couldn't believe when I saw him transfer listed, must be a great singing :thup:

To be honest, Hulk does look Incredible ;) He scored 25 in 31 for Porto in my Valencia demo game. He looks like the ideal all-round striker.

The Incredible Hulk :D

His stats haven't chanced must from 09 to 10 so he should still be a fantastic player :thup:

Just finished my first season with Porto.

Didn't start very well, had a hard time with the tactics.

Only got a third place in the CL group stage which was very disappointing.

I did however do quite well in the Europa League:

ligaeuropa.th.png

Also won the league quite easily, Penta-Campeão

ligaq.th.jpg

Reached the final of the League Cup and lost against Sporting. Won the Cup against Braga, also won the Supercup.

Belluschi and Hulk were my best players, absolutely amazing players. Valeri also impressed me.

Falcao, Varela and Rolando weren't very good at all tbh.

My transfer movements:

trans.th.jpg

Di María haha

And my current squad:

squadp.th.png

For next season, I'll be looking to buy a new DC. Jorge Andrade did good but I think I should get a good first starter to go along with Bruno Alves. Think I'll get rid of Falcao, Varela and Rolando. Don't plan on using Beckham next season, probably use Badelj. Definitely use Helder Barbosa and Candeias. Might also try to buy a DMC, Fernando is under-rated and Guarin didn't really impress me that much.

I'll give another update at the begging of next season.

It's a real shame, I quite like him irl... but just couldn't make him preform..

Just got to September, this is my squad now:

sqaud.th.jpg

My transfers:

trans.th.jpg

12M for Dzeko and 6.5M for Anderson :cool:

I'm really proud of this, first league match of the new season:

benficak.th.jpg

Just finished my second season:

Won the league in a surreal way, although I won the league on the before last league match but lost the last one...

league.th.jpg

Did a great season in the Champions League this time around, first in the group and reached the semi's:

22138838.th.jpg

Also won the Cup against Braga.

This is my regular XI:

21408378.th.jpg

Best player this season definitely was Dzeko, sheer class:

dzekoi.th.jpg

Belluschi, Anderson, Hulk and Rodriguez also were great!

Signed Hugo Almeida (free), Antunes (+/- €1M) and Izmailov (+/- €1M) for next season.

I'm also looking for a new winger, would like to sign Quaresma but don't really see that happening.

I don't know how you did sign Anderson but nice work!

I brought Afellay as a winger. He is a good sign to both left and right sides!

And try Diego Renan! He will put Alvaro Pereira in the bench!

Good luck ;) And I really need that for my second season as I have a good team with excelent players, but I'm falling all my goals!

Just finished my third season:

Hepta-Campeão

leaguel.th.jpg

Only got to the first knock-out stage of the Champions League where I lost against Chelsea. Lost 3-0 at the Dragão but when I played away I was winning 2-0 and Dzeko late in the game, head-to-head with Cech, missed the goal :(

Here are my transfers:

transe.th.jpg

Won the Supercup, the League Cup (for the first time), the Cup and also the League.

Can't get enough of this game. My team are playing really well and I'm really hoping that next season I can win the Champions League. I'm not looking for any players right now, think the team is solid right now. Quaresma is still that player I want to sign but right now doesn't quite fit in.

I don't know how you did sign Anderson but nice work!

I brought Afellay as a winger. He is a good sign to both left and right sides!

And try Diego Renan! He will put Alvaro Pereira in the bench!

Good luck. And I really need that for my second season as I have a good team with excelent players, but I'm falling all my goals!

Anderson was listed on my game, lucky break I guess.

Good job in getting Afellay, I thought about getting him but Juven beat me to it...

Renan looks great in this game :thup:

Maybe if you post a SS of your team and your formation, I could try to help with the lack of goals.

EDIT: Rejected offers from Man Utd and Tottenham (they won the Premier League :O). I'm having too much fun with Porto to leave them.

I also had some trouble getting them to score too. I set Belluschi as a 'construtor de jogo avançado' and now scores like 15-25 goals a season :thup:

Hulk tends to miss very easy goals and score some amazing goals which you think he can't :p

I think that getting Dzeko was a really lucky break for me, score 44 goals both seasons with me. Probably helped :p

Don't know if it's just me but Valeri is such a great sub for me, always scores that last min goal when I need him.

Keep us posted on your game :)

Right Now I'm 4 points far from benfica! But i think 10 games missing . I still have to play with benfica away (Lost My game Home because of Helton) and benfica still has to play against Sporting away so good chances for me!

Euro Cup Playing with Cluj drawed away 1-1 with an amazing goal from cluj 10 meters offside, and valid goal and clean goal! FM error xD

Just one question: És portugues certo?

And another: If you set belluschi as a 'construtor de jogo avançado', you set anderson as a??

Good luck in the league and Euro Cup :thup:

Sou sim :p

I know that its almost criminal, but I play him as a regular centre midfielder. He would probably be better also as a 'construtor de jogo avançado' but Belluschi never disappoints and Anderson has never let me down as a regular centre midfielder.

I'm doing the same to Kranjcar! But Know I have 3 midfielders and one has to get out of the bench. Still thinking. Adrien is a good prospect, Valeri and Meireles very good players!

Well, the last games aren't working for my. I had 4 games in 9 days! Did two till now! 2 draws, one good, which was in london against tothenam, the other was awfull! against Paços de Ferreira. Controled the game till the end where I suffered two goals, and another draw. Beasides being with 3 points of disadvantage to benfica I'm confident :) But Marcel was the substitute to Cardozo, and he as already scored 8 goals in 11 games, and is messing with my counts!

The new champion! On the last game of the season. benfica drawed with sporting and I won :D Also won the National Cup.

Thinking in who to buy this season. I think I going to sell Maicon, since I bought a new defender. Any good idea?

tameeris how is Hugo Almeida?

Well done :thup:

I wouldn't recommend selling, he looks quite good on mine:

maicon.th.jpg

But if you still want to get an extra defender I would recommend Rivas, he has been great for me. Victor Ramos is at Benfica in my save and he looks good too. Could also try to get Carriço.

Don't play Hugo Almeida that much (Dzeko), but he still scores quite a few. I would pay a lot for him tbh.

Well I don't have money to Dzeko! Falcao is a very good option for me, last season he stayed 3 months injuried but still he was the second best scorer in the league. hulk was the best player in the league :D

I bought Mobido Diakité for 0 euros, And I'm thinking on seeling players. I'm spending too much money in salaries!

And I'm buying Ochoa. Helton is going to the bench. And beto is going to be sold.

I just made Valeri definitive. But I still have too much players. So I have for two positions: Raul Meireles, Valeri, Belluchi and Kranjcar. Because of the salaries I don't know If I should sell one.

And just sold Alvaro Pereira for 15 millions to man utd :D Any ideia for a good young Left fullback?

Finished my fourth season with Porto.

Won the league with 5 games to go :cool:

semttuloqd.th.png

Didn't manage to get through the group stage of the CL, those last min goals...

This time I did manage to win the UEFA cup, which was pretty good.

finalw.th.png

Won the Supercup, League Cup and Cup. So I guess I really just need that CL trophy :p

Didn't bring anybody in this season, except for some regens. Do have three good looking MC coming up.

I'm going to try and bring in a new keeper, already tried Ochoa but for some reason he doesn't want to come... but I'll try again when the transfer market has reopened.

Congrats with the season tameeris. Shame about the CL though.

Tottenham and Bayern both managed to beat me with two last min goals :(

Just going to make a quick after winning the European Supercup:

supercup.th.png

My transfers:

transh.th.png

Finally got Quaresma! also managed to get Ochoa after the a while.

Here is my current squad:

squadw.th.png

Uriona is a 18 year-old regen he looks good but still needs to improve a bit.

Merle came up from my youth squad, he is still 17 but he played all my League Cup (last season) games and player very well.

• 2 weeks later...

weefalcao.th.png First competitive game in charge wich you can see went well, pi**ed off at Ansaldi debut sending off, didn't appeal as its only a one match ban. I also had a great pre-season screenshots avaliable if you want to see them, ask if you want to see transfer activitity aswell

ALL HAIL FALCAO

ELITE:

Adrien and Carriço both turn into quality players.

Candeias also turns into a great player.

Didn't have a lot of luck with H.Barbosa but he can also be good.

Josué from Porto youths turns out a good sub.

Rabiola also looks quite good in my save.

Pereirinha.

Yazalde, second best scorer in my league.

Miguel Vitor.

Fabio Coentrão, quality.

I would suggest taking a regular look at both Benfica's and Sporting's reserves and player that they are negotiating you can get some really good deals. Star players going for less than €5M :thup:

EDIT: L.McDaDe nice start there. Best of luck :) also post up your transfers if you don't mind :thup:.

portotransfersf.pngw1024.png

As you can see some wheelin' and dealing there, players praised me :D could have got Larsson on a free but I didn't want to wait, I have also sold Cristian Saparanu (as reccomended) and Mariano Gonzalez but they dont appear because they arent moving clubs till December.

ELITE:

Adrien and Carriço both turn into quality players.

Candeias also turns into a great player.

Didn't have a lot of luck with H.Barbosa but he can also be good.

Josué from Porto youths turns out a good sub.

Rabiola also looks quite good in my save.

Pereirinha.

Yazalde, second best scorer in my league.

Miguel Vitor.

Fabio Coentrão, quality.

I would suggest taking a regular look at both Benfica's and Sporting's reserves and player that they are negotiating you can get some really good deals. Star players going for less than €5M :thup:

EDIT: L.McDaDe nice start there. Best of luck :) also post up your transfers if you don't mind :thup:.

Cheers for the tips mate a will keep an eye out for these

So far have just signed Jorge Andrade and Javier Chevaton on loan but looking to bring in some good Portugese youngsters and Brazilian aswel

Finished season 2013/2014. Won the league for the ninth time in a row!

league.th.png

Didn't win the Cup, lost in the semi's against Sporting. Did win the League Cup and Supercup.

My transfers:

transp.th.png

I'm really starting to think I'm just unlucky in the CL, lost in the 8th finals against Juventus:

64932096.th.png

Just signed a nice looking 21 year-old regen (DC) for €8M, probably going to sell Maicon. Also I'm looking for a new DR.

I'll update later on.

Maicon has been outstanding for me scoring alot form corners I dont know if I like it, Falcao and Hulk immense and rotating between strikers. Just beat Liverpool 2 - 0 but then dropped points in a 1-1 all draw with Martimo, I have won every game except 2 wich I have drawn, Im a point clear of Benfica who unfortunately have a game in hand.

EDIT. They won the game in hand :(

DMC: Fernando

AMR: Rodríguez

AML: Hulk

ST: Falcao

definately Hulk as the ST he has the best all round stats for this, finishing/long shots/pace and with a little bit of work he can get better heading..

I played this formation with Man Utd and he was lone st he was banging them in for fun, by January he has like 50+ goals and only didnt score in 1 game.

Archived