Were Small, furry and we bite.. We are "The Terriers" (FGC)

mark wilson27

Authors notes: Using FM08 Version 8.0. Using English League 2 and Above on a medium database with all English players loaded. Managerial rating at Professional Footballer

July 7th 2007: Huddersfield chairman Ken Davy has appointed ex - footballer Mark Wilson as there new manager. Mark Wilson played for several lower teams but never got the International recognition that’s his talent deserved. Ken Davy will hoping he can get recognition as the manager who will bring back the glory days back to The Terriers

A Brief History: The club was founded in 1908 and didn’t take long till they got there hands on the FA Cup for the first and the only time in 1922. They have won the top flight Championship on three occasions 1924, 1925 and 1926 and were only the second team to have completed a hat trick of Championship wins with Aston Villa being the first.

The current stadium is The Galpharm Stadium and they are affectionately know as The Terriers

July 8th: I have been given a huge transfer budget of £150,000 with a wage budget of £29,500 which the club is currently £1900 under at the moment.

It looks like I will be having to search the free transfer market and some loan signings.

The squad for the 2007/08 season is as follows:-

| Pkd     | Inf     | Name                 | Position    | Nat     | Height  | Weight  | Age     | Value   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -       | Inj     | Simon Eastwood       | GK          | ENG     | 188 cm  | 81 kg   | 18      | £3K     | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -       |         | Matt Glennon         | GK          | ENG     | 188 cm  | 88 kg   | 28      | £60K    | 
| -       | Wnt     | David Mirfin         | D RC        | ENG     | 191 cm  | 88 kg   | 22      | £120K   | 
| -       | Inj     | Frank Sinclair       | D RC        | JAM     | 173 cm  | 81 kg   | 35      | £26K    | 
| -       | Inj     | Joe Skarz            | D LC        | ENG     | 183 cm  | 83 kg   | 18      | £28K    | 
| -       | Inj     | Nathan Clarke        | D C         | ENG     | 188 cm  | 77 kg   | 23      | £65K    | 
| -       | Inj     | Tom Clarke           | D C         | ENG     | 181 cm  | 78 kg   | 19      | £40K    | 
| -       |         | Andy Holdsworth      | D/WB R, DM  | ENG     | 176 cm  | 71 kg   | 23      | £55K    | 
| -       | Inj     | Robbie Williams      | D/WB/M L    | ENG     | 178 cm  | 76 kg   | 22      | £45K    | 
| -       |         | Danny Racchi         | WB R, AM RC | ENG     | 178 cm  | 65 kg   | 19      | £4K     | 
| -       |         | Matty Young          | M RLC       | ENG     | 176 cm  | 71 kg   | 21      | £20K    | 
| -       |         | Michael Collins      | M C         | IRL     | 183 cm  | 69 kg   | 21      | £70K    | 
| -       |         | Jonathan Worthington | M C         | ENG     | 176 cm  | 73 kg   | 24      | £95K    | 
| -       |         | Chris Brandon        | AM RLC      | ENG     | 171 cm  | 69 kg   | 31      | £40K    | 
| -       | Inj     | Malvin Kamara        | AM R        | SLE     | 181 cm  | 86 kg   | 23      | £35K    | 
| -       | Wnt     | Danny Schofield      | AM LC       | ENG     | 178 cm  | 71 kg   | 27      | £65K    | 
| -       |         | Luke Beckett         | ST          | ENG     | 181 cm  | 71 kg   | 30      | £110K   | 
| -       | Inj     | Andy Booth           | ST          | ENG     | 183 cm  | 83 kg   | 33      | £100K   | 
| -       | Inj     | Danny Cadamarteri    | ST          | ENG     | 176 cm  | 81 kg   | 27      | £95K    | 

July 14th: After scouring the free transfer market I have made my first signing with Onandi Lowe joining the club on January 1st 2008 from Portmore United on a free

July 15th: Huddersfield Town v Norwich City: Friendly

We got off to a great start as my team went a goal up on the 8th minute with Brandon doing the honours. Sven minutes later we went two goals up as Schofield heading in from six yards. We were dominant in the first half but on the 45th minute we lost Kamara to injury. The second half started brilliantly as on the 47th minute we were three goals up but after the goal we seemed to relax too much. Just before the hour Norwich pulled a goal back as my defence seemed to fall asleep and let them fire in. Norwich were the better team in the second half but they only managed to pull one more goal back as Norwich fired in there second on the 90th minute. A great start to the pre season

Huddersfield Town 3 Brandon 8, 47, Schofield 47

Norwich City 2 59, 90

Cheers guys, never tried a challenge game before so hopefully it will go well

July 20th: Rotherham United v Huddersfield Town: Friendly

Again we started well with Beckett grabbing a goal on the third minute. Rotherham though came back and started to dominate my midfield. However despite the domination they failed to score in the first half. The second half was twelve minutes old when we managed to grab a further goal as Brandon fired past in with ease after some poor defending by the Rotherham team. The goal knock some of the wind out of Rotherham and we began to control the play and on the 71st minute we killed the game off with Beckett firing in from 18 yards.

Rotherham United 0

Huddersfield Town 3 Beckett 3, 71, Brandon 57

July 21st: I went too see the Chairman and asked him if he and the board would consider trying to find a parent club as I personally think this could help the club in the long run. The Chairman agreed and told me the board would talk about it during the next meeting

July 24th: AFC Wimbledon v Huddersfield Town: Friendly

Beckett was the man of the moment as he showed the Wimbledon team how too play football. On the 15th minute he opened the scoring with some great individual run that beat the defence and he fired past the keeper to give us the lead. Six minutes later we went further into the lead as Beckett again fired into the goal. We continued to pressurise the defence and on the 42nd minute we went further into the lead as Beckett’s cross was headed by Collins. Two minutes later we were four goals to the good as Beckett completed his hat trick. The second half was much the same and within seven minutes we were a further goal in front as Akins fired in from the edge of the area. The final goal went in on the 55th minute as Schofield beat several players to fire the ball in and give us a great 6-0 victory

AFC Wimbledon 0

Huddersfield Town 6 Beckett 15, 21, 44, Collins 42, Akins 52, Schofield 55

July 27th: The promotion odds for League One have been released and are as follows:-

Nottingham Forest 6-4 fav

Swansea, Carlisle and Yeovil 2-1

Oldham and Millwall 3-1

Huddersfield Town 25-1

July 30th: Bradford Park Avenue v Huddersfield Town: Friendly

We were a goal up on the first minute as Schofield showed some great pace to beat the defence and fire the ball in. We began to control the game but on the 21st minute we had to replace Kamara after a vicious tackle left him unable to continue. From the resulting free kick we went into further into the lead as Collins fired in the free kick from 30 yards. Five minutes later we were a further goal up with Beckett firing in. Bradford PA just weren’t getting a touch of the ball and on the 43rd minute we made it 4-0 with Akins doing the honours. The second half was much the same but this time our play was alittle more relaxed and we only grabbed one more goal as Heagney headed in to completed the 5-0 rout

Bradford Park Avenue 0

Huddersfield Town 5 Schofield 1, Collins 22, Beckett 27., Akins 43, Heagney 72

Injury News: Its not good news for the club as Kamara will be out for around 2-3 months after damaging his hip

We now have 11 days to prepare for the first game of the season as we face a home game with Port Vale

August 2nd: The board has come back with two possible parent clubs we could be linked with. Out of the two possible being Sheffield Wednesday or Wigan Athletic I decided to chose the Premiership option with Wigan Athletic being my choice.

August 3rd: Chairman Ken Davy has announced to the press that we will be linking up with Wigan Athletic. Wigan pay us an annual fee of around £39,000 and we will play a friendly every season with my team keeping the gate money.

Other news sees the League Cup 1st Round being drawn and we will be facing an away tie with Tranmere Rovers

August 4th: We welcome our first loanee from Wigan Athletic as Tomasz Cywka joins us for the rest of the season. He is a 19 year old AM/FC from Poland

August 5th: The season curtain raiser has seen Chelsea beat Manchester United 2-1 at Wembley

August 6th: I have named Jonathan Worthington as Club Captain with Robbie Williams being his Vice Captain.

August 10th: The draw for the Johnstone Paints trophy North 1st Round has seen us pitted at home against Doncaster Rovers

August 11th: Huddersfield Town v Port Vale: League One Match Day One

Port Vale started the better and on the 6th minute they had there first chance with a long range effort which was headed off the line by Mirfin. Ten minutes later Port Vale had another chance as my defence let me down but luckily for them Eastwood was on hand to save well. It was becoming one way traffic as Port Vale controlled much of the play and on the half hour we had Eastwood to thank again for saving our bacon with a great reaction save. It was not good to watch and we were lucky to get to the half time interval without conceding.

The second half was much the same as Port Vale continued there pressure and on the 52nd they broke clear of my defence but luckily for us the assistant referee raised his flag for offside. Seven minutes later the first goal finally went in but it was from my side as we counter attacked brilliantly with Worthington firing into the net from just inside the area. Vale upped there pressure and on the 73rd minute they came close again but they were denied at the last with Worthington getting back and blocking off the line. However his heroics saw him leaving the pitch with what looks like a damaged hammy. Despite all there pressure Vale just couldn’t get past my brilliant defence and on the stroke of half time we doubled our lead as Cywka fired in on his debut. During the celebration though Holdsworth damaged his ankle and hobbled to the end of the game.

Huddersfield Town 2 Worthington 59, Cywka 90

Port Vale 0

Injury news: Worthington will be missing for between 2-4 weeks after pulling his hamstring

Holdsworth will be missing for a longer period as his sprained ankle will see him missing for between 1-2 months

Cheers Gav jsut got to make sure I maintain it

August 15th: Tranmere Rovers v Huddersfield Town: League Cup 1st Round

We just didn’t get started as within twelve minutes we were a goal down as Greenacre showed some silky skills to beat by defence and fired past Eastwood with ease. My defence were poor and nine minutes later our defensive frailties were shown as Zola rose highest to head past Eastwood. It was getting embarrassing as Tranmere were kicking us all over the pitch. Ten minutes later we again let ourselves down as Tranmere piled forward but luckily the upright came to our rescue. Tranmere were all over us but we somehow managed to hold on till the half time whistle.

During the interval I told my players they needed to keep hold of the ball more and god damn concentrate in defence.

The second half was only five minutes old when we finally got onto the score sheet as my team seemed to have listened to my half time encouragement and passed my way through the defence where Beckett fired in. The goal lifted my players and we began to get hold of the ball more and on the 57th minute we had the chance for a further goal as Cywka beat the offside trap but his final effort was pretty poor and the ball went wide. On the 70th minute we grabbed the equaliser with some more great passing moves which saw Akins dink the ball over the onrushing keeper. We were by far the better team now as we piled into the Tranmere half but on the 84th minute our concentration let us down again as Jennings scored what was too be the winner for Tranmere. I was livid and my mood didn’t get any better three minutes later as Sinclair got himself sent off for a petulant kick on Greenacre.

Tranmere Rovers 3 Greenacre 12, Zola 21, Jennings 84

Huddersfield Town 2 Beckett 50, Akins 70

August 16th: I called Sinclair into the office and told him I will be fining him two weeks wages for his stupidity in the previous game. All credit to him he accepted the fine and told me he would show me his worth when he gets back from suspension

August 18th: Oldham Athletic v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day Two

Defending was definitely not on the agenda in this game as we shared eight goals with Oldham. The first of which saw Oldham take the lead with Ricketts firing in from the edge of the area on the 27th minute. Eight minutes later Oldham were two goals up as Davies latched onto a great through ball to fire past Eastwood. We just didn’t look into the game and on the 39th minute we were three goals down as Ricketts grabbed his second of the game., Oldham were already miles ahead but on the stroke of half time we managed to pull a goal back as Beckett fired in to send us into the half time interval 3-1 down.

The second half started with Oldham coming close again with another good team move but the move was stopped brilliantly by the bravery of Eastwood. On the 50th minute though we pulled a further goal back as Cywka countered the Oldham attack and fired in. Oldham though were still in control of the game as they kept hold of the ball better but on the 62nd minute we managed to grab the equaliser as Cywka headed in the goal from a Young cross. After the goal my players seemed to get more confidence and on the 76th minute we came close to taking the lead as Schofield tried an audacious chip from the edge of the area but the keeper managed to tip it over. Four minutes from full time we had the chance to grab the lead as we were awarded a penalty after Cywka took a dive. Schofield stepped up for the kick and wasted no time in firing the ball into the back of the net. However as in the previous game our defensive ineptitude showed as Ricketts beat my defence with ease to grab his hat trick and give Oldham a share of the points

Oldham Athletic 4 Ricketts 27, 39, 90, Davies 35

Huddersfield Town 4 Beckett 45, Cywka 50, 62, Schofield pen 86

After the game I told Cywka I will not accept cheats in my team and that of he dived again he would be on his way back to Wigan

August 22nd: The FA have informed me that Sinclair will be suspended for an extra two matches after his sending off against Tranmere Rovers

August 25th: Huddersfield Town v Doncaster Rovers: League One Match Day Three

We started the better as we kept the ball away from the Doncaster players and on the 16th minute we had the first chance of the game with Young running through the Doncaster defence but his final effort was poor and the keeper managed to save well. A minute later though our defensive mistakes continued as Wellens managed to beat the defence with such ease and his final effort beat Eastwood. Four minutes later our game plan went tits up as Killock got himself sent off for an elbow on Wellens. After the sending off Doncaster began to control the game and on the 26th minute they went further into the lead as Stock dived brilliantly to head home a great cross field pass. We just didn’t look up for the game and on the 39th minute we should have been a further goal down as Doncaster piled through my defence again but they couldn’t get past Eastwood who managed to block the ball at the feet of the attack.

The second half wasn’t much better as Doncaster continued there pressure but on the 61st minute we grabbed a goal as Booth came on to score on his first game back from injury. However there joy didn’t last long as Hayter gave Doncaster back there two goal advantage. Doncaster continued to pile into our area but luckily for us they couldn’t get past Eastwood and we managed deny them any other goals.

Huddersfield Town 1 Booth 61

Doncaster Rovers 3 Wellens 17, Stock 26, Hayter

August 30th: Transfer news sees David Mirfin joining Sunderland for £100,000 plus future incentives like a 35% sell on clause and a friendly next pre season

September 1st: Yeovil v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day Four

Before the game I was informed by the FA that Killock will be suspended for an extra two matches after his sending off against Doncaster Rovers

On a happier note Tomasz Cywka has been awarded the Young Player of the Month award for his great performance during August.

Now for the match:

We started poorly as within three minute Yeovil went into the lead as Williams fired in form the edge of the area. It didn’t get any better as nine minutes later we were two goals down as Williams again fired in with ease. I couldn’t believe what I witnessing as my team just didn’t seem interested in the game. Yeovil were all over us but on the 20th minute we managed to grab a goal back as Beckett beat the defence to slide the ball under the keeper. However the Yeovil team continued to dominate and on the 41st minute they should of gone two goals up but Glennon managed to block the shot on his first start of the season.

During the interval I went mad at my players and told them they really needed to pull there fingers out and actually play for there money.

The second half however didn’t start well as Yeovil came close to scoring again with a shot from 15 yards but the effort rattled the crossbar to deny them. I just couldn’t watch anymore to be truthful as we were poor. However just before the hour we somehow managed to grab the equaliser as Young rifled in a great free kick from 25 yards after Beckett was hacked down by the Yeovil defence. I was screaming at my players to concentrate. The game began to open up a bit after the equaliser and on the 66th minute Yeovil had the chance to retake the lead with a stunning effort which beat everyone including the keeper but not the post and it went out. It was then our chance to grab the lead goal but Young couldn’t finish the move. Five minutes from the end the winning goal was scored as we produced the best team move of the season and Beckett finished the move with a curling effort from just inside the area to give us a great victory.

Yeovil 2 Williams 3, 12

Huddersfield Town 3 Beckett 20, 85, Young 59

September 5th: Huddersfield Town v Doncaster Rovers: Johnstones Paint Trophy North 1st Round

After the way my players were outplayed in the previous meeting I told my players I wanted a lot more from them. We for once started the better and on the 13th minute we had the first chance with Booth running past the keeper put his final effort was wide of the post. Nine minutes later we had another chance as Booth again came close with a long range effort but again his effort was just wide of the post. We were pressurising the Doncaster defence and on the 29th minute we had the next with Beckett again coming close but the effort was well saved by the keeper. We did everything right in the first half apart from scoring. During the interval I told my players they need to keep up the good work and just be alittle bit more accurate in there shooting.

The second half was alittle more open as Doncaster began to get into the game. It was my team though had the first chance of the game with Beckett running past the defence but the keeper reacted quickly and managed to smother the ball. Doncaster then had there first real effort of the game as they beat my defence with a long ball over the top but the volley was well saved by Glennon. Doncaster then had another chance with a good team move which beat my defence but not the upright after Glennon tipped the ball wide. The game surprisingly had to go to penalties after the ninety minutes.

We won the toss and decided to go first.

Schofield was the first up and his kick went hard into the bottom left (1-0)

Stock stepped up for Doncaster and he wasted no time in thundering the ball past my keeper (1-1)

Skarz was our next taker but his shot beat the keeper but not the upright and went wide (1-1)

Hayter was up for Doncaster and fired past Glennon to give them the lead (1-2)

Brandon was my next taker and unlike Skarz he actually scored with a great paced shot (2-2)

O’Connor stepped up and fired in to regain the lead (2-3)

Booth was up next for my team and his kick was poor and was easily saved by the Doncaster keeper (2-3)

Wilson stepped up for Doncaster knowing if he scored he would win the shootout, he ran to the ball and fired towards goal and easily beat my keeper to send Doncaster through (2-4)

Huddersfield Town 0

Doncaster Rovers 0

Doncaster Rovers progress to the next round after a 4-2 penalty victory

September 8th: Huddersfield Town v Leyton Orient: League One Match Day Five

In truth a pretty dire game as both teams just didn’t seem to get going. It took till the 34th minute for the first real piece of action as Booth beat the defence but not the keeper and we missed the chance of a goal. Some of the fans were already heading for there half time Pukka Pie when Jansen managed to put Orient into the lead after Skarz completely screwed up a clearance.

The second half was just as poor as the first and there was no specific action and the Orient managed to get the three points

Huddersfield Town 0

Leyton Orient 1 Jansen 45

September 10th: Transfer news sees me capture the signing of Charlie Sheringham from Crystal Palace reserves for a fee of £35,000. He will join us on January 1st 2008.

September 12th: International news sees Michael Collins play for the Republic Ireland U21’s 8-1 thrashing of Wales U21. He performed well setting up one of the goals.

September 15th: Swansea v Huddersfield Town: League One March Day Six

A poor start saw us a goal down as Scotland volleyed home from the edge of he area after a flap out by Glennon. Eight minutes later Swansea went a further goal up as Christanval headed past Glennon. We were being outplayed by the Swansea team and a minute later it was 3-0 as Budde beat virtually my whole team after grabbing the ball from our kick off. It was embarrassing and I just couldn’t watch as my team were being ripped to pieces. With a two minutes left in the half Swansea made it 4-0 as Scotland showing up my defence to end the half and effectively the game.

During the half I went ballistic at my players and called them all an embarrassment to the shirt. With the game all but over I brought on Cadamarteri for his debut after missing all pore season due to injury.

The second half began with Swansea again beating my defence but there effort was saved for once by Glennon. Just after the hour we nearly grabbed a goal back as Worthington rattled the upright from 20 yards after a thunderous effort. On the 70th minute we finally got a goal as Cadamarteri fired in for a debut goal. However nine minutes later we were reduced to ten men after Worthington got himself booked for a second time to dissent. With us down to ten men Swansea seemed to relax and Cadamarteri capitalised on this as he grabbed his second of the game with a great snap shot. Cadamarteri was showing the fans what he can do and on the stroke of full time he grabbed his hat trick but it was too late for a comeback and we lost 4-3

Swansea 4 Scotland 6, 43, Christanval 14, Budde 15

Huddersfield Town 3 Cadamarteri 70, 83, 90

September 17th: Transfer news sees reserve player Aaron Hardy join Nuneaton Borough on a four month loan with the hope of gaining some first team experience

September 18th: Injury news has seen us lose the services of Sinclair for around a month after straining his back in training

September 21st: I have made another signing for the club as Amadou N’Diaye joining us from Birmingham City reserves for a fee of £100,000. He will join us when the January transfer window opens

September 22nd: Huddersfield Town v Luton Town: League One Match Day Seven

Luton got off to the better start as within two minute they had put themselves into the lead as Parkin easily beat my defence to slide the ball under Eastwoods body and into the net. The goal seemed to wake my players up and on the 11th minute we had the chance of an equaliser with Schofield a great burst of pace to beat the defence but his final effort wasn’t brilliant and the ball went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score as Beckett headed just over the crossbar from a Worthington corner. We giving Luton a sniff of the ball and on the 38th minute we should of grabbed the equaliser but yet again some poor finishing cost us.

The second was merely two minutes old when the second goal of the game went in as Malcher fired in a free kick from 20 yards for us after Beckett was hacked down. My team continued to pressurise the Luton defence but we just couldn’t get past the defence and we ended up drawing a game we really should of won by a country mile.

Huddersfield Town 1 Malcher 47

Luton Town 1 Parkin 2

September 29th: Northampton Town v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day Eight

We carried on from the previous game as we dominated the Northampton side and on the 11th minute we went into the lead as Beckett fired in a thunderbolt from the edge of the area. However it took us till the 37th minute to get the next shot off as Beckett again fired from the 18 yards box but this time his effort was tipped wide of the post by the keeper. We were making it look easy but on the 45th minute Burnell managed to grab the equaliser for Northampton with there first shot of the game.

The second half saw us continue to pile forward and on the hour we came close again with a long range effort but the shot was again well saved. Northampton were being battered and on the 88th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as Booth fired in brilliantly to give us the three points we deserved.

Northampton Town 1 Burnell 45

Huddersfield Town 2 Beckett 11, Booth 88

October 1st: Young goalkeeper Eastwood has won the Young Player of the Month award for September

October 3rd: Huddersfield Town v Tranmere Rovers: League One Match Day Nine

A poor start saw us a goal down on the 5th minute as Curran beat my defence with ease and fired under Eastwood. The goal though was a false dawn for a good game as after the goal the game went dead. There was little action in the first half. During the interval I told my players we needed to press more.

The second half was just as poor as the first as neither team went for it and the only action of the half saw Young being sent off on the 90th minute for a second yellow card.

Huddersfield Town 0

Tranmere Rovers 1 Curran 5

After the game I laid into my players for there lack of commitment during the game and told them I wanted a lot more from them in the next game

October 6th: Southend v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day Ten

We were outplayed and outclassed in the game as on the 4th minute we went a goal down as Clarke fired past Eastwood after seeing him off his line. Four minutes later we had to replace loanee Cywka after he landed awkwardly after jumping for a ball. Southend though had little sympathy and continued there forward pressure but it took them till the 33rd minute to get the next goal as Foran beat the offside trap to give Southend a two goal advantage. However seven minutes later we managed to pull a goal back as Beckett volleyed home a long punt up field by Holdsworth.

The second half was much the same as Southend battered my defence and on the hour they went further into the lead but w had a huge bit of luck as the referee ruled it out for a foul on Eastwood. Finally the Southend pressure gave them back there two goal advantage as Clarke grabbed his second of the game and gave Southend a 3-1 victory

Southend 3 Clarke 4, 72, Foran 33

Huddersfield Town 1 Becketts 40

Injury news: Cywka will be missing from action for 1-2 weeks after damaging his wrist

Coca Cola League One: 10 Games in

| Pos                           | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st                           |       | Southend       |       | 10    | 6     | 3     | 1     | 20    | 10    | +10   | 21    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd                           |       | Yeovil         |       | 10    | 6     | 2     | 2     | 21    | 10    | +11   | 20    | 
| 3rd                           |       | Swansea        |       | 10    | 6     | 1     | 3     | 28    | 16    | +12   | 19    | 
| 4th                           |       | Tranmere       |       | 10    | 5     | 4     | 1     | 16    | 11    | +5    | 19    | 
| 5th                           |       | Nottm Forest   |       | 10    | 5     | 3     | 2     | 14    | 7     | +7    | 18    | 
| 6th                           |       | Crewe          |       | 10    | 6     | 0     | 4     | 18    | 18    | 0     | 18    | 
| 7th                           |       | Doncaster      |       | 10    | 5     | 2     | 3     | 14    | 10    | +4    | 17    | 
| 8th                           |       | Walsall        |       | 10    | 5     | 2     | 3     | 14    | 12    | +2    | 17    | 
| 9th                           |       | Brighton       |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 18    | 11    | +7    | 16    | 
| 10th                          |       | Northampton    |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 11    | 7     | +4    | 16    | 
| 11th                          |       | Hartlepool     |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 15    | 12    | +3    | 14    | 
| 12th                          |       | Luton          |       | 10    | 3     | 5     | 2     | 15    | 13    | +2    | 14    | 
| 13th                          |       | Port Vale      |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 14    | 16    | -2    | 14    | 
| 14th                          |       | Bristol Rovers |       | 10    | 3     | 4     | 3     | 16    | 19    | -3    | 13    | 
| 15th                          |       | Carlisle       |       | 10    | 3     | 3     | 4     | 15    | 15    | 0     | 12    | 
[b]| 16th                          |       | HUDDERSFIELD   |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 17    | 20    | -3    | 11    | [/b]
| 17th                          |       | Oldham         |       | 10    | 2     | 5     | 3     | 13    | 16    | -3    | 11    | 
| 18th                          |       | Cheltenham     |       | 10    | 2     | 3     | 5     | 13    | 15    | -2    | 9     | 
| 19th                          |       | Bournemouth    |       | 10    | 2     | 3     | 5     | 6     | 15    | -9    | 9     | 
| 20th                          |       | Leyton Orient  |       | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 9     | 18    | -9    | 6     | 
| 21st                          |       | Gillingham     |       | 10    | 1     | 3     | 6     | 11    | 22    | -11   | 6     | 
| 22nd                          |       | Swindon        |       | 10    | 1     | 2     | 7     | 9     | 20    | -11   | 5     | 
| 23rd                          |       | Millwall       |       | 10    | 1     | 2     | 7     | 9     | 24    | -15   | 5     | 
| 24th                          |       | Leeds          |       | 10    | 4     | 4     | 2     | 15    | 14    | +1    | 1     | 
| 15 points deducted from Leeds |       |                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

October 12th: International news sees Michael Collins play for Rep.Ireland U21’s 2-2 draw with Azerbaijan U21’s

October 13th: Huddersfield Town v Leeds United: League One Match Day Eleven

What a difference a week makes as my players performed brilliantly against a strong Leeds team. It was Leeds though who had the first shot of the game as they fired towards goal on the 9th minute but the effort was blocked brilliantly on the line by Skarz. After the shot my players upped the gears and began to outclass the Leeds team and on the 18th minute we went into the lead as Cadamarteri fired in from the edge of the area. Three minutes later we had the chance for a further goal but Cadamarteri couldn’t finish the move. It was all one way traffic and on he half hour we got the second goal as Booth beat his defender and rounded the keeper to fire into an empty net.

The second half was just as good for my players as we got to every ball first and controlled the pace of the game. However despite all our dominance we only found the net once more as Beckett fired in on the 84th minute to give us a convincing 3-0 victory and more importantly a great performance

Huddersfield Town 3 Cadamarteri 18, Booth 30, Beckett 84

Leeds United 0

International News: Malvin Kamara played for Sierra Leone in there 3-0 victory over Mauritius creating a goal

October 16th: More international news sees Michael Collins play for Rep.Ireland U21’s in there 0-0 draw with Latvia U21’s

October 17th: Malvin Kamara played again for Sierra Leone with his team beating Mozambique 4-2

October 20th: Walsall v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day Twelve

Our inconsistency showed again as we were roundly beaten by the Walsall team. It only took them thirteen minutes to get onto the score sheet as Nicholls made my defence look like a bunch of Sunday leaguers, as he ran through and fired past Eastwood. I couldn’t believe this was the same team that had easily beaten Leeds the previous week. Walsall continued the attacking and on the 34th minute they had the next chance after a mix up defence saw them one on one with Eastwood who somehow managed to block the effort with ease. Walsall finally got there second goal on the stroke of half time after Gerrard rose highest to head past Eastwood with such ease.

During the interval I went mad at my players and told them I wanted a lot more than what they were showing me.

The second half wasn’t much better as Walsall kept hold of possession a lot better but luckily for us they didn’t see the need to attack as much. On the 87th minute though we had to replace Schofield after he received a nasty gash to the head.

Walsall 2 Nicholls 13, Gerrard 45

Huddersfield Town 0

Injury News: Scholfield will be out of action for around a fortnight for his facial injury

October 21st: International news sees Kamara play for Sierra Leone as they lost 3-0 to Mozambique

October 27th: Huddersfield Town v Cheltenham: League One Match Day Thirteen

More inconsistency as my players dominated Cheltenham with ease and on the 10th minute we had the chance of the first goal with a long range effort from Cywka which was watched over by the keeper. Nine minutes later we were back in the Cheltenham area as Kamara beat the defence but his effort was pretty dire and the keeper saved with ease. On the 36th minute we finally got the goal we deserved as Cadamarteri ran clear of the defence and showed Cywka how to score with a delicate little chip over the onrushing keeper. We continued to attack and on the stroke of half time we should of doubled our lead as Booth fired towards goal but his effort was tipped round the post by the keeper.

The second half was pretty much the same as we showed Cheltenham how too play football and on the 65th minute we doubled our lead as Booth headed home from Youngs cross. Cheltenham just didn’t have anything to offer and on the 77th minute we made it 3-0 with Beckett doing the honours from the edge of the area. However six minutes later Cheltenham pulled a goal back as Brown fired in but it was too little too late and we grabbed a vital three points

Huddersfield Town 3 Cadamarteri 36, Booth 65, Beckett 77

Cheltenham 1 Brown 83

October 29th: The draw for the FA Cup first round has taka place and we will be facing an way trip to non league Hampton and Richmond

October 30th: An awful day in training has cost us three players to injury as Kamara will miss between 1-4 weeks after straining his thigh, Tom Clarke will be missing for around a fortnight after straining wrist and Malcher will be missing for a fortnight after receiving a concussion

November 3rd: Crewe v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day Fourteen

I’m really struggling to understand my teams form as Crewe again beat my team with ease. Despite Crewes dominance it took them till the 37th minute to get there fist shot off but Eastwood managed to beat the ball wide. Two minutes later though we had to replace Worthington after hurting his neck heading the ball away. Just before the break though Crewe went a goal up as Barnard fired in.

The second half wasn’t much better as Crewe dominated with ease but it took them till the 86th minute to grab a second goal as Roberts fired in. However we did manage to get one goal in the game as Cadamarteri fired in on the 90th minute.

Crewe 2 Barnard 44, Roberts 86

Huddersfield Town 1 Cadamarteri 90

Injury news: Worthington will miss a fortnight of action after damaging his neck

November 7th: Gillingham v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 15

Our poor form continued as we faced a Gillingham side which battered my team throughout the first half. On the 8th minute they had the chance to score the first goal as Tom Clarke screwed up a clearance but luckily for my team Eastwood managed to block the effort with his feet. It was becoming too one sided and on the 17th minute we went a goal down as Mulligan glided past my whole defence with ease and fired past Eastwood. Gillingham were battering us and just outplaying my team. However despite there dominance they failed to add another goal to there tally.

During the interval I told my players they needed to improve vastly.

The second half was much the same as Gillingham continued to batter my team and on the 56th minute they had the chance to double there lead with a stunning effort from the edge of the area but Eastwood managed to block the effort. It was embarrassing to watch as my team just didn’t perform and on the 78th minute they should of gone a further goal up the ball was tipped wide by my keeper. It just wasn’t good enough and when the players came back into the changing room I went mad them and let them know that it just wasn’t good enough.

Gillingham 1 Mulligan 17

Huddersfield Town 0

November 10th: Hampton and Richmond v Huddersfield Town: FA Cup 1st Round

We struggled again to get going in the game and on the 15th minute Hampton had the first chance of the game with what should have been a simple goal but the Hampton striker fluffed his chance. Five minutes later we finally got our first chance of the game as Schofield beat his defender and fired towards goal but his effort was tipped wide of the post. After the shot we seemed to not bother at all and on the 35th minute we went a goal down as Hamptons Lake fired in from the edge of the area to give the non leaguers the lead. However against the run of play we managed to grab an equaliser as the Hampton defence lost concentration to let Beckett in to fire past the keeper. Hampton however piled forward and just before the break we came close to going behind again with Hampton beating my defence again but luckily for us the upright was there to deny them.

The second half was much the same as Hampton continued to pile into our area and on the 67th minute we went a goal down but the assistant referee ruled the goal out for a foul on Eastwood. Ten minutes later we finally pulled our fingers out and got into the Hampton area but like the rest of our play the shot by Beckett was damn poor and it went wide. The game petered out into nothingness and the game had to go to a replay

Hampton and Richmond 1 Lake 35

Huddersfield Town 1 Beckett 37

November 12th: The draw for the FA Cup 2nd Round has seen us pitted at home against Welsh side Wrexham, but first we will have to beat Hampton in the replay

November 17th: Huddersfield Town v Hartlepool: League One Match Day 16

Another poor showing as Hartlepool battered us. However despite this they only got the one goal in the first half as Humphreys volleyed past my keeper after my team kept on backing off him. Hartlepool were all over us and we were lucky to get to the interval only one goal down.

The second half was no better and within three minutes we were a further goal down as Moore beat my keeper with ease and the crowd began to get on my players backs and in truth I don’t blame them. Hartlepool didn’t even need to break a sweat as they showed my players how to play football and on the 68th minute they scored there final goal as Barker headed into the net after Eastwood went AWOL. The game ended to around 8,000 fans booing the players off and when we got into the changing room I told my players they deserved everything they got.

Huddersfield Town 0

Hartlepool 3 Humphreys 27, Moore 48, Barker

November 20th: Internationals news sees youngster Michael Collins play for Rep.Ireland U21’s against Holland U21 in there 1-0 loss, he was substituted just after the break.

November 24th: Huddersfield Town v Hampton and Richmond: FA Cup 1st Round Replay

After the poor showing against them in the first game I told my players I wanted a lot more from them. This time though my players did themselves proud as we controlled much of the play and on the 16th minute we had the first chance of the game with a stunning long range effort from Worthington but his effort was brilliantly saved by the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance as Beckett showed some good pace to beat his marker but yet again the ball failed to hit the back of the net. Just as I was beginning to get alittle frustrated with my players lack of finishing we went into the lead as Cadamarteri volleyed home a long range pass from Young.

During the interval I told my players they needed to be alittle more lethal in front of goal.

The second half was much the same as we continued to pressurise the Hampton defence and on the 49th minute we went further into the lead as Cadamarteri ran into the area and slotted the ball under the diving keeper. Five minutes later we killed the tie off with Schofield scoring an absolute cracker as he managed to score with a stunning overhead kick. I was well pleased with the performance my team had put in and told them at the end I wanted them to perform like this every match.

Huddersfield Town 3 Cadamarteri 37, 49, Schofield 54

Hampton and Richmond 0

November 28th: Huddersfield Town v Swindon: League One Match Day 17

Our league form carried on we performed poorly and on the 5th minute we went behind as Sinclair fouled in the area. McGovern stepped up for the kick and fired the ball past Eastwood. Swindon carried on piling forward and on the 17th minute they had another chance to score with a long range effort which saw Eastwood diving to tip the ball around the ball. It was becoming embarrassing to watch and on the 37th minute we had Eastwood to thank again for a great save after the defence yet again fell asleep. The pressure was constant as Swindon piled into my area from all angles.

The second half was just as bad for us and on the 52nd minute we went two goals down as Paynter fired past Eastwood for Swindon. My players might as well of stayed in the changing room as they just didn’t perform. Despite our poor play we didn’t concede again during the game but on the 90th minute we did pull one goal back as Cywka fired in a great free kick from the edge of the area after Booth was hacked down on his way to goal.

Huddersfield Town 1 Cywka 90

Swindon 2 McGovern pen 5, Paynter 52

December 1st: Huddersfield Town v Wrexham: FA Cup 2nd Round

We started the better and on the 12th minute we had the first effort of the game with Beckett running clear of the defence but his effort went wide of the post. Not long after we had another shot towards goal as Beckett’s shot was well saved by the Wrexham keeper. Wrexham was getting nothing of the ball and on the 23rd minute we had yet another chance to score but the ball went wide after Booth had done all the hard work of beating his marker. Wrexham finally got there first shot off on the stroke of half time but the goal bound effort was diverted wide by Holdsworth.

The second half began poorly for us and on the 51st minute we were a goal down as Roberts beat my defence with too much ease and fired into the net. I was furious with my defence. After the goal my players seemed to have just given up and we began to struggle to string more than a couple of passes together. Wrexham were beginning to dominate the game and on the 75th minute they should of doubled there lead but the effort went wide. However we just couldn’t do anything with the ball and Wrexham knocked us out of the Cup.

Huddersfield Town 0

Wrexham 1 Roberts 51

December 2nd: I have been informed that several newspapers have began to call for my head after a string of poor results. They’ve also been complaining about my persistence with the 4-4-2 formation.

December 5th: Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 18

We were becoming very good at playing very bad and on the 6th minute we just proved that as my team fell asleep and Holt fired in Forests first goal. It didn’t get any better as on the 9th minute we were two goals down with Tyson doing the honours from 18 yards. We were being destroyed by the Forest team and four minutes later we were three down with Wilson beating my defence and firing past Eastwood. Forest were rampant and on the 20th minute they had the ball in the net but luckily for us the goal was ruled out after the referee spotted a foul on Sinclair. Forest continued the forward pressure but we escaped losing anymore goals in the first half.

The second half wasn’t much better as Forest showed my team how to play football and just after the hour they scored again as Brecking put the ball into the net, unfortunately for him it was into his own net. We were just poor and were lucky to finish the match at only 3-1

Nottingham Forest 3 Holt 6, Tyson 9, Wilson 13

Huddersfield Town 1 Brecking og 61

December 8th: Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 19

I decided to change the formation for this match to a 5-3-2. However it didn’t seem to work as we struggled to get hold of the ball and on the 18th minute we went a goal down as Christophe rose highest to head the ball into the net after a mix up between N.Clarke and Eastwood. Ten minutes later it Bournemouth came close again to scoring with a shot from the edge of the area, luckily for us the effort was well saved by Eastwood. We were again being battered and on the 44th minute we had to replace Killock after an elbow caught him in the face.

The second was much the same as Bournemouth continued to pressurise my defence. On the hour Bournemouth had the next chance after there attack made there way through my defence with ease but they couldn’t get past Eastwood. Ten minutes later though we managed to get back onto equal terms as Cywka fired in a free kick from 20 yards after Booth was hacked down. Two minutes later we made it 2-1 as Worthington rifled home from inside the area to give us a surprising lead. The goal seemed to lift my players and we began to see more of the ball. With ten minutes later we managed to grab a third goal with Beckett finally scoring, to give us a great 3-1 victory against the run of play.

Bournemouth 1 Christophe 18

Huddersfield Town 3 Cywka 70, Worthington 72, Beckett 80

Injury news: Killocks facial injury will see him out of action for around a fortnight

December 15th: Huddersfield Town v Bristol Rovers: League One Match Day 20

We started the better and it wasn’t long till we had our first chance of the game with Cadamarteri running past his marker and firing towards goal but his shot was well saved by the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with Beckett rising above the defender to nod towards goal but his header was tipped wide by the keeper. We were all over the Rovers defence and on the 26th minute we went into the lead as Malcher fired in a great shot from the edge of the area. The fans were loving it and on the 35th minute we went two goals up as Cadamarteri volleyed home Worthingtons cross. It was getting too easy for my players as we walked all over the Rovers players. However on the 39th minute Rovers pulled a goal back with Williams hitting home a long punt up field.

The second half was much the same as my players dominated the game with comparative ease. A minute into the restart we were a further goal up as Cadamarteri fired in after beating his marker with ease. Rovers never really got into the second half and we finished the game with a second win in as many games.

Huddersfield Town 3 Malcher 26, Cadamarteri 35, 46

Bristol Rovers 1 Williams 39

Coca Cola League One: 20 Games In:

| Pos                           | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st                           |       | Yeovil         |       | 20    | 13    | 4     | 3     | 36    | 15    | +21   | 43    | 
| 2nd                           |       | Southend       |       | 20    | 11    | 6     | 3     | 30    | 17    | +13   | 39    | 
| 3rd                           |       | Swansea        |       | 20    | 11    | 4     | 5     | 42    | 24    | +18   | 37    | 
| 4th                           |       | Doncaster      |       | 20    | 10    | 5     | 5     | 29    | 16    | +13   | 35    | 
| 5th                           |       | Nottm Forest   |       | 20    | 9     | 7     | 4     | 26    | 13    | +13   | 34    | 
| 6th                           |       | Crewe          |       | 20    | 10    | 4     | 6     | 31    | 25    | +6    | 34    | 
| 7th                           |       | Brighton       |       | 20    | 9     | 6     | 5     | 33    | 22    | +11   | 33    | 
| 8th                           |       | Walsall        |       | 20    | 8     | 6     | 6     | 25    | 23    | +2    | 30    | 
| 9th                           |       | Northampton    |       | 20    | 7     | 8     | 5     | 21    | 19    | +2    | 29    | 
| 10th                          |       | Tranmere       |       | 20    | 8     | 5     | 7     | 29    | 29    | 0     | 29    | 
| 11th                          |       | Bristol Rovers |       | 20    | 7     | 7     | 6     | 24    | 26    | -2    | 28    | 
| 12th                          |       | Hartlepool     |       | 20    | 7     | 6     | 7     | 27    | 23    | +4    | 27    | 
| 13th                          |       | Carlisle       |       | 20    | 6     | 6     | 8     | 25    | 30    | -5    | 24    | 
| 14th                          |       | Cheltenham     |       | 20    | 6     | 5     | 9     | 26    | 26    | 0     | 23    | 
[b]| 15th                          |       | HUDDERSFIELD   |       | 20    | 7     | 2     | 11    | 32    | 36    | -4    | 23    | [/b]
| 16th                          |       | Luton          |       | 20    | 5     | 8     | 7     | 29    | 33    | -4    | 23    | 
| 17th                          |       | Gillingham     |       | 20    | 6     | 5     | 9     | 18    | 28    | -10   | 23    | 
| 18th                          |       | Bournemouth    |       | 20    | 5     | 7     | 8     | 21    | 30    | -9    | 22    | 
| 19th                          |       | Oldham         |       | 20    | 5     | 6     | 9     | 22    | 33    | -11   | 21    | 
| 20th                          |       | Port Vale      |       | 20    | 5     | 5     | 10    | 20    | 32    | -12   | 20    | 
| 21st                          |       | Leeds          |       | 20    | 9     | 4     | 7     | 25    | 26    | -1    | 16    | 
| 22nd                          |       | Leyton Orient  |       | 20    | 3     | 7     | 10    | 19    | 30    | -11   | 16    | 
| 23rd                          |       | Swindon        |       | 20    | 4     | 4     | 12    | 22    | 36    | -14   | 16    | 
| 24th                          |       | Millwall       |       | 20    | 2     | 7     | 11    | 20    | 40    | -20   | 13    | 
| 15 points deducted from Leeds |       |                |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

December 22nd : Millwall v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 21

The game started with a bang as within two minutes we had the ball in the net as Cadamarteri ran clear of the defence, but his goal was ruled out as the assistant referee raised his flag very late. I was furious with the decision as Cadamarteri was clearly onside. We then had the next chance on the 27th minute as Booth volleyed towards goal from the edge of the area but his effort was tipped onto the crossbar by the Millwall keeper. We were all over the Millwall team and on the stroke of half time we finally got the goal we deserved as Beckett fired in from 20 yards to give us the perfect end to the half.

The second half was two minutes old when we had to replace Collins after a late tackle left him writhing in pain. On the 49th minute we went two goals up as Cywka showed some great pace to run past the defence and round the keeper to slot into the empty net.. My players were all over the Millwall team but it was Millwall who scored the final goal of the game as Brammer fired in a free kick after T.Clarke halted the Millwall attack illegally. The goal though was too little too late for Millwall and we won another game.

Millwall 1 Brammer 85

Huddersfield Town 2 Beckett 45, Cywka 49

Injury news: Collins will miss around a month after twisting his knee

December 26th: Huddersfield Town v Carlisle: League One Match Day 22

Our recent good form continued as we dominated Carlisle and on the third minute we were a goal up as Cywka fired in from 20 yards to send my home fans wild. We were all over the Carlisle midfield and on the 17th minute we came close to another goal as Beckett fired towards goal but his effort was diverted wide by the defence. Carlisle just didn’t look like they were a football team and on the 29th minute we went further into the lead as Cadamarteri dinked the ball past his marker and fired into the net. It was far too easy. Despite our constant pressure we couldn’t get the ball into the net and went into the half time interval 2-0 up.

The second half was two minutes old when we made it 3-0 as Cadamarteri ran towards goal and before he was hacked down by the defence he rifled the ball into the Carlisle net. My players were dominating with ease and on the 64th minute we grabbed a further goal as Booth made it 4-0 with a stunning effort from a tight angle. There was one more goal in the game as on the 89th minute Carlisle fired in to give them a solitary goal.

Huddersfield Town 4 Cywka 3, Cadamarteri 29, 47, Booth 64

Carlisle 1 Morris 89

December 29th: Brighton v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 23

The halfway point of the season and my team have actually started to play like I knew they could. We again dominated the game with ease as we kept the ball away from the Brighton team. It however took us till the 32nd minute to grab the first goal as Cadamarteri continued his scoring form. Brighton were being battered but we failed to add a further goal in the first half.

The second half was much the same and a minute into the half we made it 2-0 as Cadamarteri grabbed his second of the game. Brighton just couldn’t get hold of the ball and on the 72nd minute we went further into the lead as Booth beat his defender to slide the ball under the keeper. The Brighton fans were beginning to leave the stadium and on the 90th minute Cadamarteri completed his hat trick to make it 4-0 and give us a great victory

Brighton 0

Huddersfield Town 4 Cadamarteri 32, 46, 90, Booth 72

January 1st 2008: With the transfer window opening up and we welcomed some players top the club with Amadou N’Diaye joining us from Birmingham City for £100,000, he is an 18yr old DC.

Charlie Sheringham joins us from Crystal Palace for £35,000, he is 19yr old ST.

Onandi Lowe joins us from Portmore United on a free, he is a 33yr old ST

Ali Al-Habsi joins us from Bolton Wanderers on a free , he is 26yr old GK

January 2nd: Port Vale v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 24

An entertaining game for the fans as my team and Port Vale went for it. However it took till late into the first half for the first goal to fly in as Port Vale went into the lead as McGoldrick fired past Eastwood from the edge of the area. I wasn’t impressed with the defending of my team and during the interval I let them know.

The second half was alittle better for my team as we started with a stunning goal on the 52nd minute as Cywka rattled the ball in off the upright to beat the Vale keeper with ease. Vale then had the chance to retake the lead on the 63rd minute as they beat my defence with far too much ease but luckily for us Eastwood was there to block the effort. The game was very open and on the 78th minute we managed to scramble the ball into the net to give us the lead, with Lowe doing the honours. On the 84th minute we had the chance to kill the game off with Lowe coming close from 20 yards but his effort was acrobatically saved by the Vale keeper. On the stroke of full time the final goal was scored as McGoldrick fired the ball into the net to give Vale an equaliser.

Port Vale 2 McGoldrick 41, 90

Huddersfield Town 2 Cywka 52, Lowe 78

After the game we welcomed a new signing to the club as Joey Waterhouse has joined us on a season long loan from Wigan Athletic. He is a 19yr old D/AMC

January 4th: Transfer news sees veteran defender Frank Sinclair joins Peterborough United for £9,000

January 5th: Huddersfield Town v Oldham Athletic: League One Match Day 25

We began strongly in the game and on the 16th minute we had the first chance of the game with Sheringham riding a tackle to fire the ball towards goal but his effort was diverted wide by the defence. Seven minutes later though we went into the lead as Lowe showed the youngster how to score with a thunderous effort from 15 yards to beat the Oldham keeper with ease. We continued the pressure and on the 37th minute we had the next chance with Lowe coming close again from just inside the area.

During the interval I told my players they had to carry on the good work and lets kill the game off.

The second half was much the same as we piled forward at every opportunity but on the 74th minute we lost Malcher to injury on a run to the ball. It didn’t get much better for us as on the 81st minute we conceded the equaliser after some poor defending and Kalala fired in brilliantly. I was furious with my players but it didn’t last for long as on the 88th minute we were back into the lead as Sheringham headed in from Waterhouses cross to give us all three points

Huddersfield Town 2 Lowe 23, Sheringham 88

Oldham Athletic 1 Kalala 81

Injury news: Malcher will be out for up to a month after straining his thigh

January 6th: Transfer news sees James Berret joining York City for £3,000

January 7th: More transfer news sees Matty Young joining for £22,000, also the board as released Andy Booth from his contract after stating the club were struggling with wages.

January 10th: More transfer news sees Joe Skarz join Burnley for £22,000 plus a 30% sell on clause, hopefully this will the last player we have to sell

January 12th: Doncaster Rovers v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 26

The game was pretty dire and there was little action in the first half but on the 28th minute we had the first chance of the game with Sheringham coming close from 10 yards but his effort was cleared off the line by the keeper.

The second half was much the same with little in the way of entertainment for the fans but on the 83rd minute we were reduced to ten men after Racchi was sent off for a professional foul. On the 90th minute there was the only goal of the game scored as Heffernan fired in to give Doncaster a win in this poor game.

Doncaster Rovers 1 Hefferenan 90

Huddersfield Town 0

January 19th: Huddersfield Town v Yeovil: League One Match Day 27

An embarrassing game for the home fans as we were ripped apart by the table toppers. Yeovil started the scoring on the 10th minute as Williams barged his way through my defence and fired past Eastwood. Yeovil were keeping hold of the ball a lot better and on the 33rd minute they scored again as Williams again beat my defence with ease and fired the ball past the keeper. I was disgusted with my players lack of commitment.

The second half wasn’t much better as Yeovil upped to another gear and on the 55th minute Warne fired in to give them a 3-0 lead. Two minutes later we were 4-0 down as Williams completed his hat trick after my players just didn’t bother going for a long ball. On the 74th minute we were reduced to ten men after Killock was sent off for a second yellow card. The home fans had already started to leave the ground when the final goal of the game was scored as Lowe rifled in to give us an undeserved goal.

Huddersfield Town 1 Lowe 90

Yeovil 4 Williams 10, 33, 57, Warne 55

January 22nd: We said goodbye to another player after Chris Brandon joins Chester for £9000

January 26th: Leyton Orient v Huddersfield Town: League One Match Day 28

We started the better and within six minutes we had the first chance of the game with Beckett coming close from the corner of the area. It wasn’t long till we had another chance as Beckett again came close. We were dominating the game and on the 19th minute we had another chance with Sheringham running past his defender but when it mattered his inexperience showed and he fluffed the effort. However on the 45th minute and against the run of play Orient went into the lead with Jansen heading in from six yards. Two minutes later though we grabbed an equaliser with the last kick of the half as Lowe fired in from short distance.

The second half though was a different story as Orient came out fighting and it wasn’t long till they grabbed the lead with Jansen running past T.Clarke with ease and firing past Eastwood far too easily. My players just seemed to be in a different world as they struggled to get anything from the half. Five minutes from time my mood didn’t improve as Daniels fired in Orients third goal. To coin a phrase, “ A game of two halves”

Leyton Orient 3 Jansen 45, 57, Daniels 85

Huddersfield Town 1 Lowe 45 + 2

January 30th: Huddersfield Town v Swansea: League One Match Day 29

After the previous bad results I reverted back to my 4-4-2 formation and it seemed to work as within a minute we were in the lead as Lowe showed some surprising pace to beat his marker and fire past the keeper. The goal however was a false dawn for my team as Swansea upped the gears and began to out play my players. It wasn’t long till they had there first chance with a simple tap in which should of gone in but for a brilliant last minute clearance by N’Diaye. Swansea were fully in control now and on the 43rd minute we conceded the equaliser as Scotland fired past my keeper after clearing my defence with ease.

The second half was again all Swansea and on the 54th minute we had the upright to thank after some more slack defending. It was again getting embarrassing for my players and on the 69th minute Scotland fired Swansea into the lead with a great shot. A minute later the score went to 3-1 as Pratley fired in.

After the game I was left again to bemoan the lack of passion of my players.

Huddersfield Town 1 Lowe 1

Swansea 3 Scotland 43, 69, Pratley 70

After the game the Chairman called me into his office and told me he wasn’t too happy with the way my team were performing and things needed to improve vastly

Archived