Huge Database 9.03. panels.fmf Problem Solved

Pretended

As I re-visited my FM'09, I was disappointed to see that using huge-database-enabled panels.fmf file for 9.0.3 update gets you in-game oddities such as a blank Game Status screen and so on. I also had a thread opened to see if any workaround had come up already, nevertheless there was none.

So here comes a definite solution from a friend who presumably has no idea how valuable his workaround is:

*The workaround assumes that you have an untouched (original) 9.0.3 panels.fmf file.*

1- Backup your ORIGINAL 9.0.3
panels.fmf
file first. (e.g. Rename it to
panels.fmfm
)

2- Use the modified
panels.fmf
we Huge Database fans used up to now by copying it under the folder
data\updates\update-930\data
(which is located under your main FM'09 folder).

3- Run FM and start a new game choosing 9.3.0 update as if nothing's gonna happen. Cancel Wizard.

4- Be sure to select "Huge" from the Database Size part and let the game load with minimum of leagues so that it sets up a new game as quick as possible.

5- When the new game is ready to roll, check Game Status window so that you can enounter the disappointment of the "bug" for the last time (optional masochism).

6- Now exit the game completely. You don't have to save it.

7- Go to that
updates\update-930\data
folder and delete
panels.fmf

8- Rename
panels.fmfm
to
panels.fmf
so as to restore the original
panels.fmf.

9- Run FM. Start New Game with 9.3.0 update.

10- In the New Game screen, notice that Database Size is BLANK. If you click to see what's in, you'll see Small, Medium and Large database options. DON'T CLICK ANY OF THEM. CLICK ELSEWHERE ON THE SCREEN TO LEAVE THE "BLANK" OPTION SELECTED. ONCE YOU CLICK ANY OTHER, THE TRICK IS LOST AND YOU'LL HAVE TO WORK OVER.

11- Choose leagues you want, configure the rest and fire up the game.

Voila! You STILL have Huge Database WITHOUT any in-game graphical bugs.

Note: Always have "Use Skin Chace" unticked and "Always Reload Skin On Confirm" box ticked in your Preferences > Display & Sound panel.

Credits to my friend. Enjoy.

Asking stupidly, and probably in the wrong thread:

I downloaded the modified panels.fmf file, replaced the file in the data folder, but still the huge database option doesn't show.

Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Any help for this nOObish Dane would be appreciated, and sorry again if it's the wrong place to ask..:)

• 1 month later...

I have started a game with the huge database present. I then played for a while, and realised i had some stuff missing and the blank status screen. I renamed the huge panels.fmf to panelsHUGE.fmf, and the backupped original one back to panels.fmf. I now have everything back to normal. This is even easier than the above method, and i thought i would share it with you lot.

• 4 weeks later...
I have started a game with the huge database present. I then played for a while, and realised i had some stuff missing and the blank status screen. I renamed the huge panels.fmf to panelsHUGE.fmf, and the backupped original one back to panels.fmf. I now have everything back to normal. This is even easier than the above method, and i thought i would share it with you lot.

That does sound even easier, as once the database is loaded, you don't need the glitchy panels file anymore. :thup:

Archived