500px-Villarreal_CF_logo.svg.png

Club Information

Full name : Villarreal Club de Fútbol

Nickname : El Submarino Amarillo

Founded : 1923

Ground : Estadio El Madrigal

Chairman : Fernando Roig Alfonso

History

The club was founded in 1923 and played in regional leagues until the Spanish Civil War, during which Spanish football went into a hiatus. After the war, the club played in various regional leagues as well as the Third Division until the 1970/71 season, when Villarreal first played in the Segunda División for two consecutive seasons, at the end of which the club was relegated to the Third Division once again. After playing in the Segunda División B for a few seasons in the late 80s, Villarreal managed to solidify themselves as a Segunda División club starting with the 1992/93 season.

On May 24, 1998, a date which the club's supporters still remember fondly, Villarreal sealed promotion to the Primera División for the 1998/99 season, which started with an intimidating match against giants Real Madrid in the Santiago Bernabéu. After a difficult season, Villarreal were again relegated to the Segunda División for the 1999/2000 season, in which they finished third, again earning promotion to La Liga de las Estrellas, the Primera División, where they have remained up to the present day.

It took them 75 years to get promoted to the Spanish Primera División for the first time where they've stayed for good for more than 8 years now, finishing 3rd in 2003/2004 and 2nd in the 2007/2008 season including an impressive appearance on the European stage in between.

Fans

The biggest fans' groups are called CELTIC-SUBMARI due to their friendly relations with Celtic Glasgow and some of their supporters and BORRACHOS.

Rivalries

Villarreal C.F. has supported a long rivalry with C.D. Castellón for geographical reasons since both are from the province of Castellon, and with Valencia C.F. since the two are the most competitive teams of the Valencia region; this clash is called the Valencian local derby.

Honours

La Liga

Runner-up - 2007-08

Tercera División

Winners - 1969 –70]

Campeonato Regional de Aficionados

Winners - 1951

Primera Regional

Winners - 1935–36, 1954–55, 1966–67

[edit] International

UEFA Intertoto Cup (2): 2003 and 2004

Squad

1st team:

GK:

Diego López

Juan Carlos

Sebastián Viera

Defenders:

Fabricio Fuentes

Gonzalo Rodríguez

Pascal Cygan

Diego Godin

Ángel

Javi Venta

Joan Capdevilla

Midfield :

Bruno

Sebastián Eguren

Marcos senna

Cani

Santiago Cazorla

Robert Pirés

Ariel Ibagaza

Matías Fernández

Giuseppe Rossi

Nihat Kahveci

Guillermo Franco

Joseba Llorente

Key players

Santiago Cazorla

Matías Fernández

Giuseppe Rossi

Nihat Kahveci

Marcos Senna

Gonzalo Rodríguez

Joan Capdevilla

Diego godin

Area for improvement

GK , you will need a good back up keeper or one to replace lopez

RB, im not sure on this postion and think you will need a 1st team right back

CM/DM, senna is getting on and wont be around for to long but will do the job maybe a young back up player for him

Finances

the club has no debts , a decent kit sponsor of 3million euro's per year

you start with a transfer budget of 7million euros for continental qualification.

Hope you like the thread & hope afew people start as villarreal and try and challenge Real madrid & barcelona for the top :)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks hopey .

I started as villarreal and i wasnt to happy with alot of players and didnt feature in my plans so i had a huge clear out

Transfers :

98013239.jpg

Its a very young team iknow, but when i get more money and in january or next season will look for more players in the age or 20's for abit more experience.

past results :

vtt.jpg

After 6games in the league im sitting 5th , early days iknow but long as i finish in the top four im hoping for my young side.

my team & formation , which isnt my starting 11 and if i need score a goal i'll play 442

vtfhj2.jpg

will post more around or after january :)

Gonzalo Rodríguez is amazing once again scored my fastest goal so far in 59seconds haha :p but he wants to leave thats the only problem but i set his asking price to 38million , worth every penny ;)

I just finished my first season, finished 3rd, behind, of course, Barca and Real (they are so tough to beat, as they never seem to lose). When I take over a club I don't like to switch players around too much, because if I do, then I always seem to buy the same players and the game becomes more boring faster.

Senna, Fernandez, Rossi, Nihat were immense for me. To add to the opening post, I think Viera is a serviceable backup, so I dont think thats too critical (I got Ben Foster on a free after the first season), and Diego Lopez was very good for me (big clubs are sniffin). A greater area of need is actually central defense and leftback, since you do not have a backup to Capdevila and Cygan is extremely slow. In attack, the team is set tbh, since you have very good players, and young too (Fernandez, Rossi, Altidore, Cazorla, Bruno, Marcos, Jonathan Pereira, Flores).

The big clubs want half my team tho, but luckily they seem to be pretty loyal, with the exception of Rodriguez, because most say that they want to stay.

im not sure , i tried to sell alot of players . the veloso deal if the only one where after 40league games i'll give them 8million . but i had cygan and other players who are on silly money and not being played so i released them and kept adjusting my budget.

as anyone signed Óscar De Marcos ? he was transfer listed at the started and only cost 50k and scout says he is only decent player but has potential to be as good as rossi my scout has good judging stats to .

in the CL i just about got through

clgroupdt5.jpg

im 3rd in the league after 19 league games and im in the quarter final of the spanish cup , im thinking of selling nihat at the end of the season or if he gets fit before the end of january he missed most of this season only playing 6games! Rossi is scoring well in the league and daniel aquino is doing very well as back up scoring 7goals in 13games :)

Good team there Wilson 7, I would however get a back up left back in de cegile from juventus, who will turn out to be an amazing player in a few years time, and sell gonzalo, and replace him with someone like Mahamadou Sakho from PSG, one of the bets buys i ever made.

Season update

My target at start of the season was to get champions league spot , with alot of changes and a young team i was hoping for that.

i finished 3rd same points as ath.madrid but i came above on head to head. the league has been pretty good apart from dropping points agaisnt teams i may should have beaten like Numancia who finished bottom !

laliga.jpg

End of season team stats

endofseason.jpg

Spanish cup i got to the final which i really hoped to do as it was my only change of silverwear , was a intresting final after being 2-0 down but team did me well.

cupfinaln.jpg

In the champions league i got sakhtar in last 16 which i beat 2-0 at home then lost 1-0 away & in the quarters i lost to inter milan 1-0 at home and 2-2 away happy with efforts again tho :)

in pre season im going to look to bring 1 or 2 more expierenced players and wont break the bank for anyone has i set myself try not go over the 40k a week mark in wages . nihat my be sold has wasnt to keen on him during season and spent most of it injured !

im quite enjoying this save at the minute just ashame not many people are taking control of villarreal

hopey

thanks hopey :D

im not sure on who to get for lb? Capdevilla is getting slightly old & was thinking of César Azpilicueta as another rb

Jazzfusion

you know you want to start again with them ;) lol

I've started my Villarreal game!

Into August now, and so far I've signed:

Davide Santon

Bolzoni

Possebon

Helder Rosario

Paloschi

Witsel

All for a total of £15.5m, still got £9m left, I'll be looking to bring in cover at LB and CB. I've had an offer of £3.5m accepted on Filipe from Deportivo, so that deal almost done.

Out:

Pires

Ibagaza (Loan)

Cani

Godin

Franco

Total of £12.25m, I may regret letting Godin go as he's still young and has time to prgoress, we'll see. Other than that I was glad to get rid of some high earners. Still trying to shift Cygan. I may sell Nihat if I can get a nice sum for him, as I'm playing a 4-3-3 tactic and want to bring in a striker that can offer something different to Rossi. I've been looking at Milevsyki, and he looks like he'd be a great big man.

My two opening friendlies went well, winning 8-0 and 9-0 against greyed out sides.

If I can bring in 2-3 more players I think this season will be successful, and I'll aim to capture some silverware!

I spent a few hours making a tactic and scouring for players, so hopefully this'll be the start of a long term game for me.

Ok, finally got there:

03062009122426.jpg

Team is doing well at the moment, top of the league after a good 2-0 win over R. Madrid. Only 1 league defeat so far, we got trashed 4-0 away to Barcelona. Matty F is bloody amazing, Cazorla isn't hitting his pre-season heights, and my strikers are not scoring.

i got given around 13million to spend and 24 when budget adjusted i signed Skjelbred from shakhtar for 6milliong and Guilherme from almeria for 4million , im also after arteta and anelka but both everton and chelsea are overpriceing players

yeah dont think i can get arteta now cost to much ! anelka wont join .. 14million left think i'll sign a striker with that and try and sell nihat but keep the wages under 40k :D and veloso isnt happy because all the stupid managers for example BENITEZ!!! keep declaring intrest in him

Archived