Will this laptop play Football manager 3d engine

Link didn't work!

Sorry :( here it is. Its priced at £529.

HP DV5-1110EM Laptop for the Home and Office

Processor Type AMD Turion X2 Dual Core Processor RM72

Processor speed 2.10 Ghz

Memory Size 2 GB MB

Memory Type DDR 2

Hard Drive Capacity 250 GB

Optical Drives BLU RAY ROM

Graphics Card Type ATI Radeon 3450

Graphics Memory 256 MB

TV-out NO

Sound Type 3D Sound Blaster

Yes it will, however, if you are running windows vista, you might want to upgrade the RAM to 4gb before you buy it.

Otherwise it is value for the money,

I'm running Vista with only 1Gb of RAM and it works fine for me.

Note; I have not bothered to write down screen size, (since I do not know what you want), all of these laptops has a rock solid non-low end duo core processor which will make good use of the threading capability.

Best choice; Hewlett Packard "HP DV5-1213" priced 599£

Why: An amazing laptop, no blue ray drive, but a 320GB (!) harddrive, 4GB of ram, the best graphical card among these three, namely the ATI Mobility Radeon HD3450 with 512MB memory. If all you intend to do is play FM2009, and are ready to pay 599£, this is the optimal choice.

Mid range; Hewlett Packard "HP G70120EM" priced 469£

Why: Blue ray drive, HD screen, if you enjoy watching movies this is a good choice, it also has a Geforce 9200 which will run the FM2009 3D engine well. Downside is the small harddrive (160GB).

Most bang for your buck; Packard Bell "TN65-T440" priced 449£

Why: This laptop has a fast processor, 3GB of ram (which is alot considering the price), 250GB harddrive, and a ATi Radeon HD3430 graphical card which will run the FM2009 3D engine well. No blue ray drive.

Economical choice; Hewlett Packard "G60-214EM" priced 399£

Why: Simply the cheapest still FM2009 able laptop I could find. It has a Geforce8200 which will run the 3D engine just fine, a dual core processor (low end CPU) and 3GB of ram (alot of this price) and a 250GB HDD. However, the Geforce uses the internal ram, which will not give you the same performance overall because it soaks memory and it is slower than a GPU with onboard memory. The game will run good, but there will be a noticable difference compared to the others mentioned above.

Hope this helps, these two are in my opinion the most priceworthy within your range,

RT, that is not correct, 32-bit versions of Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate recognizes 4GB, but in some cases it may show as 3,25 or 3, however the BIOS still recognize 4GB.

And even if so, a future upgrade to a 64-bit windows version will make full use of it,

So go for the 4GB of ram, it will benefit you NOW and LONG term.

Looking at buying a new laptop myself and wondering what experiences people have with FM on a fairly modern laptop, especially compared to a decent modern gaming desktop PC (which I currently use). Is there a large difference in speed, is the monitor annoying, so the little keys annoy you, how annoying is it to use a nipple etc.

I've not actually ever done any gaming on a laptop, but given the minimal nature of interaction needed for FM I'm willing to give it a go.

Got a £750 budget for a new laptop, so am currently shopping around.

• 2 weeks later...

Well My new laptop comes tues. If this does not play it, then i will be very upset

Acer 8930G Laptop

* Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 Processor

* 4 GB memory

* 320 GB hard drive

* Blu-Ray with DVD ReWriter Optical Drives

* nVidia Ge Force 9600M GS Graphics Card

* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium

* 4 No. of USB Connections

* Wireless Enabled

* Gloss Black Colour

* 4.1 kg Weight

Possessing a bundle of multimedia technologies, the glossy black Acer AS8930G takes home computing to the next level. A supreme combination of Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5800 and Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (including free MS Works and Office trial) provides power and unswerving support to every user.

Handle applications with ease courtesy of 4GB RAM memory and dedicated graphics memory. An extensive 320GB Hard Drive can conveniently store thousands of multimedia files, making file deletion a thing of the past. There are 4 USB ports for hassle-free connection to your hardware devices, and wireless facilities are also available for web roaming wherever you happen to be.

Viewing image content becomes a pleasure with the Acer AS8930G, thanks to an nVidia GeForce 9600M GS graphics card, Blu-ray optical drive with DVD re-writer and expansive 18.4” WXGA+GA widescreen display.

Archived