German Third Division - Promotion Question

Only recently started managing in the German third division and have a question about promotion. The league rules say the top 2 teams are promoted and the 3rd place team goes into a play-off, which sounds straight forward. But looking at the league right now, there's green highlights for the 1st, 3rd and 4th teams, with a blue highlight for the 5th place team.

Hvq0JR4.png

Do the highlights not mean what I think they do? Are there rules in place for teams like Bayern and Stuttgart II?

You may find as you progress through the FM years, that the German II clubs become quite good and take up the first 4 or 5 slots, meaning a team in 8th could get promoted. :eek:

That's an issue when using the quick ME as club rep, player rep & player CA are the main factors & maybe even the only factors used when calculating results so everything favours the U23, having the division use the full ME is a must when running any league structure that has B teams in lower divisions.

That's an issue when using the quick ME as club rep, player rep & player CA are the main factors & maybe even the only factors used when calculating results so everything favours the U23, having the division use the full ME is a must when running any league structure that has B teams in lower divisions.

What exactly do you mean by the phrase in bold?

FM uses two match engines, a full match engine that simulates the entire 90/120 minutes of every match in a competition or a quick engine that just calculates Win/Draw/Loss for matches in a competition & then assigns a scoreline.

The default setting is for competitions that your club is competing in to use the full match engine while aside from a few exceptions for international competitions every other league & cup competition uses the quick match engine, the settings are found under the 'Detail Level' of the FM menu.

Archived