contagious injury?

Hi

My save with Arsenal, 2nd season.

January 2017 - Jack Wilshere (broken foot - out for 4 months)

February 2017 - André Carrillo (broken foot - out for 4 months)

April 2017 - Álvaro Morata (broken foot - out for 4 months)

I thought it was Wilshere "spreading the virus", so i sold him to Liverpool, to play cards with Sturridge in the clinic.

But...

July 2017 in a friendly match - Ozil (broken foot - out for 4 months)

What the hell? 7 months and 4 times the same injury...and i usually don't have more than 3 injuries at the same time.

Quote from a news article this season:

No, this isn’t a joke – Jordon Ibe is the latest Liverpool player to pick up a hamstring injury and join the club’s ridiculous injury list.

Ibe is the seventh player currently to be sidelined with a hamstring injury, joining Martin Skrtel, Divock Origi, Daniel Sturridge, Jordan Rossiter, Dejan Lovren and Philippe Coutinho.

It happens.

The broken metatarsal was the in vogue injury a few years ago too, which is what I imagine the broken foot injury is :p

Small thing I found regarding English national team players breaking metatarsels:

Michael Owen (2006): Fifth metatarsal - predicted 6-8 weeks returned 17 weeks later

Wayne Rooney (2004): Fifth metatarsal - predicted 8 weeks returned 14 weeks later

David Beckham (2002): Second metatarsal - predicted 6 weeks returned 7 weeks later

Gary Neville (2002): Fifth metatarsal - predicted 6-8 weeks returned 21 weeks later

Ashley Cole (2005): Fifth metatarsal - predicted 6-8 weeks returned 12 weeks later

Scott Parker (2004): Second metatarsal - predicted 8 weeks returned 34 weeks later

Danny Murphy (2002): Second metatarsal - predicted 6 weeks returned 21 weeks later

Steven Gerrard (2004): Fifth metatarsal - predicted 6-8 weeks returned 10 weeks later

Of course it's bad luck, but so is what happened to Liverpool. I think I heard/read somewhere that they actually toned down the number of injuries in FM to lower levels than reality because there was so much whinging about them.

It sounds like the club needs to invest in some better quality milk.

Or just get Eva Carneiro in to sort the lads out ;-) She's at a loose end after being sacked by Chelsea

Archived