Bug or me?

In my save, April '18 as Portsmouth manager. I've had a £375K bid accepted for a player. We've got £980K in the transfer budget and £11K /wk in the wages budget still available and board permission to make any adjustments I see fit. His agent has asked for £4.2K/wk + extras not amounting to much. I can't negotiate the deal because of board restrictions, there is a message saying that the average first teamer wage is £4.6K/wk but I can only offer £1K/wk, there are restrictions on some of the extras as well even though they don't add up to much. If I reduce the transfer budget thereby increasing the wages budget it makes little difference to what I am allowed to offer him. I know the transfer won't go through until 1/7/18 and that this player has played for 2 teams already this season. I don't understand why I can't offer him more money even though we have it in the budget.

Help/advice would be appreciated.

His agent has asked for a first team role which I am happy with, the average wage for a first teamer is £4.6K/wk but the message says I can only offer £1K/wk. I don't have any transfer offers pending but I do have some staff contract renewal offers pending, but not for a lot of money, no where near our budgets available.

Thanks for the replies.

I looked on the finance page and noticed that next seasons wage budget was going to be less than this seasons, bearing in mind its April in my save. So I made a request to the board to increase the wage budget which they agreed to. As soon as that was increased It was back to normal and I could proceed with the transfer.

Archived