Unable To Use Downloaded Skins For First Time Ever

VP.

My game constantly crashes when using custom skins (Vitrex was the first one i noticed), the game will crash (dump) randomly when playing and then when i try to restart it just gets stuck on the loading screen meaning i have to remove the skin from the folder before i can play again. I am using all the usual graphic addons that i have used for many years and never had a problem until now, have also tried 'verifying game cache' in case something was missing but made no difference. Finding it quite annoying as do like to use backgrounds (i made the big pack over on Sortitoutsi a couple of years back) but now i can't even view them in my game :(

As i said i have never ever had any problem installing and using skins, graphics etc but this year for some reason it appears impossible to use a different skin.

If the game is only crashing on processing then try the fix suggested here first: My Game is Crashing With Custom Skins in Patch 16.2

If that doesn't work;

What is your system spec CPU, RAM, Hard Drive Space and OS.

Does the game work with one of the Base Skins?

What other graphics have you added, is this new stuff for FM16 or copied over from previous versions. Does the game still crash if you remove all your custom graphics apart from the skins.

If you are using an adboard pack is it one that was created for FM16 or transferred over, though this would only be a problem if the game was only crashing on the match screens.

Are your graphics FMF files and if so were they created in an older version or new for FM16?

How are you downloading the graphics through websites or through the steam workshop?

If you are on a MAC (or have onboard graphics) try changing your rendering mode in the preferences menu.

If the game is only crashing with certain skins remove all your custom graphics and skins apart from that one and see if the same problem still happens. If the problem continues then check with the skin maker to see if they have released an updated version of the skin, if not then post a link to the exact version of the skins you have used that aren't working.

• 4 months later...

Archived