Ridiculous match odds

Anyone else notice that some matches have the most ridiculous match odds, for example a premier league game with odds of 1/10 for a home win and 50/1 for an away win!

How are the odds calculated?

I don't actually think they offer anything to the game and would probably prefer a lawro style prediction in the preview.

• SI Staff

Hi there,

Yea that does seem excessively high - especially for a game between two Premier League sides (even the longest of shots is typically around 20-1), who are you and who were you facing?

For people who understand them, then odds is probably the quickest way to display which team is most likely to get a result. A worded pre-match prediction is a nice idea though, there's a Wishlist thread at the top of the forum, feel free to add it in there - will make sure it's not forgotten about. :)

Yep,

5-4 = that for every £4 you would stake on the result you will win £5 (plus your stake back) - decimal odds are 1.25

11-4 = that for every £4 you would stake on the result you will win £11 (plus your stake back) - decimal odds are 2.75

7-4 = that for every £4 you would stake on the result you will win £7 (plus your stake back) - decimal odds are 1.75

Therefore the draw is the least likely result as you would win the most money betting £4 and the PSV win is most likely as you would wi nthe least amount of money betting £4

Hope that helps a bit

Thanks

Chris

I have noticed strange odds in my game. I am managing Montrose and have gaines three successive promotions before getting relegated from the Scottish Premier League. Pretty much every game my odds are 7-1 for me to win yet I am on course to regain promotion and on course to win the league.

No matter what happens i am always the underdog to win. At some point through the season I would expect it to change

Archived