FM15 3d speed lagging

Hey guys. Not sure if this has been brought up before but I've been having troubles running FM15 lately.

I load FM with the top5 European countries all the way down to the lowest leagues. Sometimes, I include the MLS and Brazil. Player count tends to get to 40 000 or thereabouts. Never had an issue with the match engine.

However, for the past few days, its been lagging very badly. What I've done is that I've tested this out with a new save with just the BPL loaded and the problem persists. My current save is one with Boreham wood with the lowest leagues of France, Italy, Germany, Spain and England loaded.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I noticed that the problem occurred after I started getting notification from my laptop saying that the ac adapter is not recognized. I have my laptop running on AC and never had a problem with any versions of FM, from 11-15. Till now anyway. I'm using a dell laptop that is relatively new.

Not sure if its the game giving me issues where I should delete and reinstall steam from what I've read online or whether its the battery issue that's causing my game to run slowly. The menu and homepage(s) run just fine, its the actual match I'm having trouble with. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

Have you changed your ac adapter since you are getting these notices? It could be that since you are getting these notices, the laptop could automatically be set to run in "battery mode", even though you're not - ie it limits the power of your graphics card, possibly your processor as well. You could try to change your power options to make the laptop run in "high performance" mode, and see if that makes any difference. If you're on the default "balanced" power option mode already, that is. Alternatively you could go into the advanced settings of the "balanced" mode, and change any settings there that limits your power usage when running on battery. This might help with your problems. But primarily, if there's a problem with your ac adapter, you should seek to rectify that. It's not good.

Archived