FMT PC / tablet

Ok... I never thought I'd be tempted by Football Manager on the tablet as I like the full depth of the game but have in recent years weaned myself over to FMC.

My question is, apart from having just three nations available to play with on the tablet, what are the other differences between the games? I've heard people say there aren't any but have just read another thread here confirming that you cannot watch matches play out in full.

So what else is missing the from the tablet version? I want to know before buying it. I also know graphics can't be added/competitions names changed. Any more??

I'd be interested to know this too. Can we choose more than 3 leagues on either version? Sounds like no graphics can be added to the ipad version but what about PC? Are the premier league logos still missing? Can we watch a game in full on either version or are we still restricted to highlights only? So far I'm not seeing much difference between FMC15 and FMT16 on ipad.

"I also know graphics can't be added/competitions names changed." <- they can be :) I'm doing just that as I type (android), they just can't support/recommend it due to memory limitations on some devices.

No full matches, no team talks, no tactics to learn pre-season, no personally choosing affiliating clubs or tutoring.

First, I'd recommend you have a look here:

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-touch-2016

On Tablet, yes, you are limited to three nations. On the PC/Mac/Linux version of FMT, there's a 'Remove nation and league restrictions' option. If you click this, the nation limit is removed. However, the save won't be cross-save compatible.

Graphics - on Android, it can be done. But we really don't recommend it as it increases memory usage for a game that is already pushing the hardware to its limit, so can cause issues - and anyone that reports stability issues on their game with custom graphics will be asked to remove the graphics before we can help them as we don't really support it.

In regards to the match itself - the match engine is the same as its PC counterpart, and you have the same full range of tactical options as you do on the PC version. There is no tactical familiarity or team talks as this is the core design of Football Manager Touch to be fast to play. Full Match isn't available on Tablet but all other highlight options are, along with all the camera angles/replay options etc. The new Prozone analysis is present - although it has to be used while you're in the match.

Not sure we're allowed to link to anything directly Colarado, *speaking loudly so everyone can hear*

*whispers* It would be something I would have wanted SItoSORTITOUT for fmc15 and asked them things like: tablets & graphics?

*closes eyes* If I can't see the infraction warning, it doesn't really exist :)

Archived