FMC 2015 - Assistant Manager Sacked?

Still playing a FM15 save and only in my 3rd season 2016/ 2017. Suddenly in mid November I am struck with the news item "McDonald sacked!". My Assistant let go by whom?! Never seen that before in previous saves.

I reloaded that save and checked his contract and it had expired on 30/6/15 but was on a rolling contract, but strangely I have never had any warnings about Staff Contracts in FMC as far as I can remember. Just seems a bit out of the blue, should I not get some warning?

Sorry guys it was my mistake and was playing another save so hadn't looked at it recently. I went back to the save where I had the issue and played on for a while and as per a previous save I was trying to sign on Adebayor as a short term striker due to injuries. But I offered him the contract thinking it was for him being a player without looking properly and on this occasion it was actually a contract for an Assistant Manager hence why McDonald got sacked. Apologies, I'll be signing the Tea Lady on 60K a week and as a centre back if I'm not careful!!

Archived