Is it me or is it harder and harder to get wins in FM? (LLM Manager)

I'm currently Stockport County manager as it's my home town and my favorite club ever since I was 12/13 and I've tried managing them

on Football Manager, but it keeps getting harder and harder to get decent wins. I keep playing the same formation and nothing is working

or maybe it's just me panicking when I keep conceding and changing the tactics to scrape a win over FC United or Stalybrige. I'm at my whits

end atm but I don't have to complain as I won my copy on Golden FM's twitter competiton to win a copy of FM16 beta and documentary .

Please help me

I see a couple things, but really, it would be helpful if you could also identify what issues you are having and also what sort of football you want your team to play. For starters though, I would dump the automatic duties. You want players to do what you want, not change mentality if you change match strategy. As it stands, with standard, both your fullbacks wll be support duty as will your right CM.

I'm no tactical expert, but a lot of your attacking players (strikers and wingers) are not suitable for the role you have assigned them. You also have them shooting on sight, when there may be a team mate in a better position to score and passing to him.

You are focusing down the flanks yet putting in early mixed crosses. If you have fairly quick strikers you might be better off setting crosses to Whipped, if they're good in hte air change it to Floated.

I'm no tactical expert, but a lot of your attacking players (strikers and wingers) are not suitable for the role you have assigned them. You also have them shooting on sight, when there may be a team mate in a better position to score and passing to him.

You are focusing down the flanks yet putting in early mixed crosses. If you have fairly quick strikers you might be better off setting crosses to Whipped, if they're good in hte air change it to Floated.

So should I loan some quicker strikers? What stats of quickness should I set it at? Maybe use 451 formation?

Archived