Every Season the Same *sigh*

So I start with my team, the toffees, every FM and have done since the CM days and every season it's the same scenario . Within 2 weeks, all the top players request to leave and there is jack squat you can do about it because of the pre defined answers to the questions. I'd love to be able to offer more money or a longer contract but that's not an option to the question posed. For a game which is supposed to reflect RL, it is wide of the mark on this. I've been forced into letting Stones, Barkley and Jags go with Lukaku requesting as well, but nothing came of it.

As far as I'm aware (and unless there is some insider information we don't know about) only Stones had requested to leave in RL. Jags has just signed a long term deal and Barkley hasn't even acknowledged the interest in him. So why does this happen every season? It's my only gripe every release...

I've not seen Messi requesting to go, despite the rumours currently circulating...

Just sayin'

• Administrators

It may be an issue, but it could also be the 'new manager' effect. What experience did you start the game with? If you're a relatively inexperienced manager with a high rep, players are more likely to want to leave the club.

I'm also playing as Everton, and I've managed to keep Stones no problem, and as a result, all the others have stayed too...

Apart from Mirallas who I sold to generate some cash to improve the side (which was a condition I agreed with the other big names to encourage them to stay.

You are a new manager and these are big players and a relatively small club who aren't winning anything just yet... this is realistic, just like Stones almost leaving irl also.

I restarted and managed to keep Stones and Lukaku, but still lost Barkley and Jags. Out of the four, its Jags that confuses me. Club captain, loyal etc but still requested a move before a ball was kicked.

Slight satisfaction in the fact they both went to Chelsea, who are mid table approaching xmas and our small club is 3rd. Barkley is hardly getting any playing time at all, so I might see if I can snatch a loan in the New Year.

Archived