FM14 - Editing rules in existing competition

thompe

Hi, I have a simple question. Is there any way you can edit rules in an existing competition?

What I want to do is add the rule that the EL winner gets a spot in the CL for FM14. Any easy way to do this or do I have to create both competitions from scratch? I've tried that but failed miserably, ie. Juventus playing in the first qualifier round, teams winning in rounds not getting through etc :s

The only way to do that would be to create new continental rules for the CL, which will remove the whole nation coeffcicient system, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Hmm, is there no way of doing it as explained in the FAQ? By adding a nation to the competition and then edit it through that and advanced rules? I had a look just now, but I couldnt find any easy way of doing it, but maybe some wizard of the forum might know a way?

And yes, I noticed that the coefficient page in the game was completely empty, maybe thats why Juventus, Bayern etc was playing qualification and teams from Andorra and San Marino went straight into the group stage.

Hmm, is there no way of doing it as explained in the FAQ?

No. The EL --> CL thing is now hardcoded into the game, but the only way to add it to an older version would be as described above.

No. The EL --> CL thing is now hardcoded into the game, but the only way to add it to an older version would be as described above.

This information is false and misleading. I know you are talking about fm14 but the principles are the sames: CL and El are not hardcoded. If you want to recreate them, mantaining the coefficients and the dynamic rputation of the leagues working, you have to proceed in this manner.

1-Create your continental rules with basic rules, if you want not waste too much time.

2-Switch to advanced rules only when you have finished.

3-Now you must change only one thing, if you want coefficients still work. Go to the CL, switch "mode" from "edited rules (overrides all the existing rules)" to "overrides rules in code". Repeat this setting for the Europa League. Then check the continent Europe has the same setting.

4-Now you have to save and verify your competition, then you can load it in the game.

The only problem I experienced is a bug of the editor (still present in 2015 version): when you switch to advanced rules, the competitions still verify but often in the game wrong teams are picked. If this occurr it is obligatory to work with advanced rules and to set the qualified teams in the competition properties, under "stages>stage_name>teams and specifying the number of teams picked from any domestic league or domestic cup, specifying the name of each one. This can be very long and laborious.

Regarding the second option, to assign a nation at the competition to modify it in some detail, I succesfully do it in this database http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/432052-FM15-fictional-db-CFU-superleague-5-divisions-cups-NACL-237-teams-from-31-nations with the North American Champions League, assigning it the USA nationality (see the NACL file). The file can be used as example but unfortunately it is for fm2015 and I have no more fm14 installed on my pc to make other examples. After assigning a nation to the competition, the problem is that you can only see it in advanced rules, not in basic rules. In the file I mentioned rules for USA leagues are contained togheter the NACL item. Another problem is that with this method only the competition item can be viewed, but not the continent, that has to be recreated, since there is no manner to assign a nation to a continent. Continent item is important because contain fixture and discipline rules for the continental competitions, and the list of the competitions and the required teams for each one.

ruQlAcD.jpg

I do not appreciate you calling my answer misleading, as that would imply that I was intentionally trying to deceive the OP.

I did not know about this option, so glad to be enlightened...

I didn't want to offend you or make a polemic. I said misleading because this is a wrong information for other people. I know this was not intentional, but I think if you do not know exactly what you are talking about, the better thing sometimes is not to say anything, instead of making posts where seems the wrong informations you give are certainties.

No worries.

The point is, though, I thought I knew what I was talking about. ;) Especially since I have seen other people give essentially the same answer to the same question.

Otherwise I completely agree with you...

Archived