Lone striker role

Hi, I'm using a Malaysian club in my current save, and I'd consider it lower league, and have been using the advise by most posts here to focus more on physicality than talent.

FB(S) - CD© - CD(D) - FB(S)

DLP(D)

BWM(S) - CM(A)

W(A) - TM(S) - W(A)

Had been getting some really good results. But, just kinds bugged me that my striker is not scoring that many, as most of my goals come from my wingers.

My initial thought was that the striker at the current role will drop into the hole and cause confusion. Which is exactly what's happening, especially that I enabled "Hold Position".

My question is: What if I change it to TM(A), would be to greater effect in terms of scoring goals? I see that it'll enable "Move into channels" & disabled "Hold Position".

Or would it be better if I just get him to "move into channels" with the current role?

A brief explanation of "move into channels" would be much appreciated as well :p. Still not too sure about it. Like, what will he do exactly if "Move into channels" is enabled, and what if not? Where is the "channels" exactly?

Harry

I think the understanding around the TM would be that if you have him on support duty he will be looking to hold up the play/win headers a lot deeper. Your CM-A, Wingers and [bWM to an extent] should all then overlap and will probably be the goalscorers.

If you change to attack duty, you'll have him holding up closer to the goal ie winning headers in the box and therefore creating more scoring opportunities for him - but this could potentially upset the balance of your team as you will have 4 attack duties in the front 5...

I'd then look at who you want to "create" and who should be "scoring" - then change the R&D accordingly.

Move into Channels refers to the areas wide on the pitch between Full Backs and Centre Backs (about level with the edge of the penalty areas i.e. but these are further away from goal.

Getting your striker to score more goals, 90% of the time isn't an actual striker issue it's the kind of play that happens before the striker than impacts goals. Have a read of this and it should help you getting your striker to score a lot more goals;

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/423246-What-Makes-A-Goalscorer-!

Archived