Attempt at a Vertical 3-4-3 Bielsa-esque

I'm looking to create a 3-4-3 looking at emulating (not exactly as its impossible in FM) the Chile team of 2010 under Bielsa.

So think very high pressing and a very attacking vertical style of play.

I'm not a tactical genius I do read a lot of tactics blogs and analysis but do find it hard to implement into FM tbh.

This is what I've decided as the base for now welcome to feedback if anyone thinks of ways it can be improved. (Can't seem to get screenshots to work)

CF (s)

IF(s) IF(s)

RPM(s)

CWB(a) DLP(d) CWB(a)

CB(d)BPD©CB(d)

SWK(d)

Team instructions:

More Direct Passing

Pass into Space

Play out of defence

Work ball into box

Low crosses (Have small strikers)

Push Higher up

Close down more

Stay on feet

Tighter marking

Prevent GK distribution

Higher tempo

Be more disciplined

For Player instructions:

All tackle harder except BPD

Pass it shorter all Cb's and wing backs and GK

Close down much more for CF, IF's and RPM

In my few games it is playing fairly well a bit hit and miss though. Very good in attack but not so in defence.

The pressing is OK problems come when its bypassed to frequently (Suppose thats a problem with any high press though its a risk)

Few things I'm contemplating:

Maybe all players on shorter passing (Not sure if coupled with more direct team instruction this could emulate short passing but vertical football)

IF's on stay wider in the hope they drag wide then drive in between CB's and full backs

Not sure on the RPM positioning or role may move into ACM line or change to an AP in CM.

Possibly a Libero instead on BPD but so hard to find any players who can play this position straight away without months of training.

Changing SWK to support or attack although this can lead to suicidal keeping mistakes.

As I said welcome to any feedback anyone thinks could help me on this or if you can see anywhere I could be going wrong.

Archived