Why " Regista " isn't available in CM strata?

There's " Deep Lying Playmaker " in CM strata but no " Regista ", why? " Roaming Playmaker " is a box to box playmaker. So, not perfect replacement of " Central Midfielder ". " Regista " sounds more suitable like Xavi and Iniesta.

Because the regista is a defensive midfielder who stays in the DM strata and rarely ventures to far forward? Simply put, it is not available in the central midfield because it is not a role that exists in central midfield. Kinda like asking why you cannot have a wing back in central midfield.

Perhaps more appropriate question would be why there is a regista as a role in FM? After all it's just a dlp with roaming and without shooting restrictions.

-SnUrF

To be fair, most roles you can replicate with PI's using the base roles and duties. I think they are handy as templates for people to use without having to go to the trouble.

To be fair, most roles you can replicate with PI's using the base roles and duties. I think they are handy as templates for people to use without having to go to the trouble.

Probably so. But still there are these strange restrictions. Why not just have the dlp role with out the restricted long shots (one could choose to restrict them) and forced hold position (again could be set by the manager)?

-SnUrF

Because the regista is a defensive midfielder who stays in the DM strata and rarely ventures to far forward? Simply put, it is not available in the central midfield because it is not a role that exists in central midfield. Kinda like asking why you cannot have a wing back in central midfield.
A deep lying playmaker is a creative holding midfielder but a regista is an aggressive version of deep lying playmaker according to the game's description. Also " Get Further Forward " option is available for regista role whereas it's unavailable for the deep lying playmaker role. Regista is a kind of runner and defensive supporter. That's why I mentioned that it suits more in CM strata.

The Regista is actually a fairly well advanced position despite sitting behind the MC line. To replicate this you'd be looking at something like MC(A), MC(S) or BBM(S) with a combo of more risky passes and roaming turned on. You may require Push further forward. AP(A/S) might replicate the positioning better, but they have a combo of high dribbling or are restrictive on shooting.

The beauty of the Regista role is it's uniqueness of lack of instructions. Most of its instructions are around movement and its restrictive instructions are mostly limited to where to cross from, which given its, normally, central position is not really and issue and he will still cross when required.

If I wanted to replicate it, I'd use BBM(S) with push further forward turned on.

k4dyk4.jpg

LAM

Archived