Reasons for transfer listing.

Just got another fantastic player interaction. Just finished the first season with Tottenham, coming 2nd, and tried to do a new contract for my 2nd-choice striker Soldado. He's a rotation option, behind Harry Kane but has had a lot of playing time. The problem is he's on £105K per WEEK and only has two years left. The only way I can offer him a new deal is to increase his status to first team, but then his agent starts demanding £130K per week, £20K to step on a pitch or score a goal, £10K to sit on the bench and presumably £5K to turn up to training. I try and negotiate but his agent just storms out at my completely unreasonable offer of £100K per week plus much increased bonuses for a contract that'd take him to the age of 34. Fine I think, I'll ask him to sack him. Nope, that option was removed because let's get rid of features! So I transfer list him, and of course he wants to know why. So I think I'll tell him "you've only got 2 years left on your contract, I need to sell you while I can get full value because your agent won't renew without being given ridiculous amounts of money". Nope, not an option! So I say we need to cash in on him at this stage in his career, the closest thing. Then he says he wants to stay and asks what he needs to do on the pitch. Why is there no option for "BE LESS BLOODY EXPENSIVE!"?

Archived