Scouting set-up

Hi all,

I've been looking at my scouting a lot recently. I've always loved this side of the game and the introduction of knowledge level of scouted players and of the attribute ranges really pleased me and I think it works really well. But it has made my scouting even more thorough than before. I was just wondering if many people followed the same techniques as me or use set-ups completely different.

The way I currently go about it is to have each scout assigned to roaming a region, starting with all of Europe, then South America, and moving through what I believe to be the best regions depending on the amount of scouts I am allowed (hopefully I'll be able to get the 20 scouts needed to cover all regions soon).

I also have each scout on a competition, being the top leagues of each major country (now that I've reach a top league myself) and the major continental competitions.

On top of this I continuously set up week long scouting assignments on roughly 2 players per scout, so that by the time it gets to the transfer window I'll have as close to top knowledge of players as possible and don't have to waste the window scouting players and risk losing out on them.

Am I over doing it do you think, making any of the scouting unproductive?

Should I split my scouts up and say have half or two thirds scouting regions (and competitions?) and then the rest free to scout the players?

Should I scout specific sets of nations rather than regions?

Should I specifically scout for youth players?

I know there are a lot of alternatives and would be interested to see what everyone else does and if people have improvements for my system.

I would just like to add that I don't want to go round scouting youth intakes, not that I have a problem with people that do, just not something I want to do.

This is what I'm unsure about, my knowledge of the region definitely still increases, and I get a lot of players and reports appearing, but I'm not sure if I'm actually wasting time by adding the competitions, and not getting any extra players appearing than I would by just scouting the region anyway.

Archived