Turning FM into real life.

Alright, since I couldn't find any threads relating to this kind of topic I thought I'd start one up.

it's pretty much stories of how football icons past and present find assistance via FM.

mcCleash, manager of Glasgow Rangers when Messi was 15 years old. His son played championship manager and spotted Messi at 15 and must of been unreal at the time on the game. He told his dad to look him up and sign him as he was a very huge hot prospect in the game I believe. His dad laughed it off and bought another player whom I can't remember.

This is what I heard, God knows it its the truth as I didn't google it but if it is then woah.

has there been any other moments like this?

The McCleash story never adds up, it's covered on the FM doc but I've yet to watch it. He says he saw Messi at the age of 13 in the game, or something similar, despite the fact that the youngest Messi could have been is sixteen (due to child protection laws) plus the fact that Barcelona were buying him growth hormone so there was never any chance of him leaving, a non-story really, but reporters don't let that get in the way of a great headline :p

First, it's McLeish...apologies :p

Second, this is the usual story that gets trotted out. "I could have had that player when he was 16 for the price of a twix bar and a crisp twenty!" A wonderful soundbite, but one that's ultimately very hard to actually prove, so wonderful for the media to hear and print ad nauseum. Apocryphal, almost certainly.

Plus, wasn't there a topic a while back looking at Messi back when he first entered the db, and he looked pretty average?

Archived