Defenders Passing Accuracy

In real life, the passing accuracy of defenders are quite high, especially with teams that dominate possession.

Here is a chart:

f1bf8d35ec67b3fc9201fe7f6102047d.png

But in football manager 2015, its a different story, my team was praised for the possession football we play so because of that I had a look to see who were the best passers in my team. I was shocked to see my center backs having between 70-80% pass accuracy because both of my CBs (both Central Defender roles) have player instructions to "pass it short" and my team plays out of defense. What I did next was to see how they compare with the other CBs in the league and it was surprising to see only 3 center backs in the top 100 pass accuracy table.

82ada2112addb56f2e80653d40605df4.png

Not the same for my save to be fair.

In the 2018/19 season in the PL there are 63 defenders in the top 100, of which 35 are CB's.

Of the 35 CB's in 35th the Norwich player has 69% while the best CB is John Stones with 85%.

12 of the top 20 of any PL players are CB's. 12th place has at 82% and the top being 89%

Of the graphic showing real life passes you have to take into account the players have played between 6 and 12 games yet in FM the stats are for players who play a minimum of 25 PL games.

Nice spot.

Same here (Serie A). 3 CBs in the top 100, but one has played almost all games at right back. Most seem to be around the 70% mark. I'm gonna have a closer look at my worst offenders and see what's going on.

First thing I noticed was that a lot of the missed passes was clearing headers and clearances from the box.

UcRgfp9.jpg

6QqjmJS.png

I went through all of them.

Nearly all were headers won that was picked up by the opposition.

There were a couple of clearances.

A total of two missed passes that I would actually call a missed pass.

So I guess that's the problem?

Not the same for my save to be fair.

In the 2018/19 season in the PL there are 63 defenders in the top 100, of which 35 are CB's.

Of the 35 CB's in 35th the Norwich player has 69% while the best CB is John Stones with 85%.

12 of the top 20 of any PL players are CB's. 12th place has at 82% and the top being 89%

Of the graphic showing real life passes you have to take into account the players have played between 6 and 12 games yet in FM the stats are for players who play a minimum of 25 PL games.

I noticed that, I couldn't find a way to reduce the amount of games considered. Still it is not supposed to make that much of a difference because defenders should usually have about 80%+ pass success if the are not playing long ball football.

First thing I noticed was that a lot of the missed passes was clearing headers and clearances from the box.

I went through all of them.

Nearly all were headers won that was picked up by the opposition.

There were a couple of clearances.

A total of two missed passes that I would actually call a missed pass.

So I guess that's the problem?

THis guy already provided you with the soloution. Headers and clearences are mixed into the "pass" statistics

Archived