FM15 on a Surface Pro 3?

Hey guys, is anyone running FM15 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet?

I've been reading that usability on tablets initially wasn't great for FM15 - so was wondering if this has been fixed now?

Cheers guys, be good to know before I go out and buy one!!

Dimpster

I've been playing on the surface Pro 3 Core i5 model with 4GB RAM.

No issues with performance, matches in 3D are perfectly watchable on low detail. They initially ran fine on higher settings too but with occasional slow down so i reduced to low, which still looks good to me.

There are only two negatives i can think of, firstly the game hasn't been designed for touch screen so playing without the keyboard and mouse doesn't really work very well. The resolution of the SP3 is really high so using your finger or the pen to click items makes it slower and more tedious than using a mouse in my opinion. If you could use gestures to zoom in and out or if there was a touch-friendly skin we could select then that might be better.

The only other slight issue was with the resolution, the SP3 has a 3:2 form factor rather than standard 16:9, meaning to play FM in full screen most of the listed resolutions leave borders at the side of the screen, including dropping down to 1080p. I worked round this by leaving the surface at the highest resolution (default) but with text size at 125% and running in windowed mode. aAgain no big issue here just something to play around with once you load the game up.

I use the surface as a laptop when playing FM so sat at a table with the type cover and a mouse plugged in. Using it this way works great, i'm actually playing it this way as we speak.

Hope this helps

Hey guys, is anyone running FM15 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet?

I've been reading that usability on tablets initially wasn't great for FM15 - so was wondering if this has been fixed now?

Cheers guys, be good to know before I go out and buy one!!

Dimpster

I'm playing FM15 on Surface Pro 3 and it's working really well. I've used a FM preference to zoom in at 125%, and I'm using touchpad of the attachable keyboard.

I also play on my sp3 256/8gb. It works like a charm, I set the resolution to a lower one but one of the ones without the letter box (took a bit of experimenting). I set the details to low as I like the smoothness over higher gfx.

I normally use the keyboard thing with mouse, but have dabbled with touch on planes and it works fine (you can't type using touch so ensure you have started a game already!) it takes a bit of getting used to, but you can hold the pen close to the screen to move the mouse which removes the need for double tapping. It's not ideal, but for bashing through a season at 35,000 feet it is epic

Archived