SI Games should be applauded

For keeping the essence of this game in tact, I am sure if Sega had their way we would be paying extra to enable certain competitions, I can see it now...

New DLC released today - Play as your favourite nation, only $3.99.

Sega has, let's say, 'coerced' other developers into chopping their games up into itty bitty pieces to be sold in chunks, this approach has spoiled a few great titles in my opinion. Also I love the way the game has evolved, the devs aren't afraid to try new things and when those ideas don't quite work they aren't afraid to remove them, sliders for example.

I love this series, it's not perfect but it's as close to perfect as any other franchise that I can think of. Well done, and thanks for many many many happy and not so happy hours.

For keeping the essence of this game in tact, I am sure if Sega had their way we would be paying extra to enable certain competitions, I can see it now...

New DLC released today - Play as your favourite nation, only $3.99.

Sega has, let's say, 'coerced' other developers into chopping their games up into itty bitty pieces to be sold in chunks, this approach has spoiled a few great titles in my opinion. Also I love the way the game has evolved, the devs aren't afraid to try new things and when those ideas don't quite work they aren't afraid to remove them, sliders for example.

I love this series, it's not perfect but it's as close to perfect as any other franchise that I can think of. Well done, and thanks for many many many happy and not so happy hours.

FMC would like a word...

FMC would like a word...

ha, that's my point exactly, FMC surely represents Segas vision for the future of this game, I love how SI has continued to develop the main game in pretty much the same way and has thrown the Sega bean counters a bone by creating this version to run alongside it.

FMC is fine with me, it keeps casual players happy and shows Sega that their ideas concerning micro transactions and DLC won't necessarily work for all games.

That's a little unkind to Sega imo. If Sega really wanted to, they'd be able to put that stuff in any way. Creative Assembly clearly would've gone down the DLC route with or without Sega, their games are a lot less niche.

Plus, a company like Paradox does it anyway, and you can hardly call them a huge company. DLC for this wouldn't necessarily work beyond what they already have, unless they decide to add a new sizable league like the UAE or w/e.

We're just lucky that FM already had a monopoly on the market, so that not even being published by Sega could stop it selling millions every year. Everyone already knows about it so a lack of advertising doesn't hurt it to the point of flopping.

All their other post-Mega Drive consoles and games tend to tank despite being solid at worst because they refuse to advertise at all, then moan when no one buys it and pull the franchise (at least from the West) blaming the customers. It's mind-numbing.

Archived