2nd team matches a fix?

So i play as bayern munich and my superstar team demolishes every opponent just like in real life winning domestic, european and world titles with my squad containing mostly international world cup winning players.

I decided to take charge of both the 2nd and u19 teams as i like developing young talent. i only recently figured out how to do this so have taken control of bayernII quite late on in the season and they have not been doing well. So since the first team has the league in the bag i've been playing most of my first team in the reserves with my best upcoming youngsters in the 2nd team matches. However despite having a team including manuel neuer, philip lahm, arjen robben, mario gotze, julian draxler, david alaba a squad worth about 200million playing against squads worth 200k they really struggle and often lose. Surely this is a bug, the commentators in the match preview always say oh i expect bayernII to get beat here it looks like the game has bayernii predispositioned to lose already no matter how much talent i put in there. Even if i was using no tactics at all they should still be winning these matches with no problem. i defeated barcelona 7-1 then used the same team and tactics in bayernii against stuggart2 and drew 1-1. this cant be right???

Seems like you have a lot to learn tbh.

Lets start with why do you expect the same tactics that you used against Barcelona to work against a different team?

I'll also state the obvious which is I don't think your star players are really that keen on turning out for the reserves and won't be giving it 100%.

Just for the record though if the match is playable its not fixed in anyway.

I would have thought that the players would get upset playing in reserve but there morale happiness and effort they put in still shows as being good as opposed to uninterested. again give the ball to robben is the only tactic a team needs when u have robben in your team. You gotta agree tho a team full of top players shud win easy against amatuers despite the tactical approach no? a bit like me picking a fight with mike tyson he cud be taking a dump while reading the paper and he'd still knock me out if i was giving it my all

your right i do have alot to learn im happy to get slagged off if it helps me improve

Tactics are probably more important than players tbh.

The right tactics can mean your team overperforms compared to their individual ability whereas bad tactics can mean they underperform.

Each match is different, you are facing different opponents with different players and different tactics/playing styles/formations etc. Just because one tactic works against one opponent doesn't mean it will always work, you need to be able to spot the times when it isn't working right and what adjustments you need to make to improve it (Thats both from match to match and during a game).

Just to clarify when I and others say tactics we generally mean every input you have from formation, players, roles, duties, team instructions, player instructions, opposition instructions, media comments and team talks.

I guess its a little different when your second team plays competitive matches in a league but I would still say there would be an element of your top players not giving 100%. With a lot of your top players playing though you should be able to win comfortably though against lower skilled players.

I wouldn't expect the opposition parking the bus given the pre match odds but maybe they recognise you have some ringers and go defensive which is a common issue several players have on the forums (How to deal with defensive sides).

You could post up a pic of your tactics or maybe upload your save for people to have a deeper look and we can maybe spot whats happening.

Archived