New stadium and progress

So it's about stadiums (again).

I'm playing with Luton and it's July 2023. We got promoted to the Premier League one season ago and placed ourselves at a comfortable mid-table position. We also, miraculously, won the FA cup last season and thus is qualified for Europa League the coming season.

The previous board was planning to build a new stadium. A 3 year planning process was in the pipeline, scheduled to be finished summer of 2023, but that was extended for another 2 years (planning was supposed to be complete in summer 2025) after a take-over at the club. A month or so ago the planning bar dissapeared all together from the boardroom overview. When interacting with the board it says that "It is alread being actioned" when trying to ask for a new stadium, hence it's grayed out.

Never have I gotten any news items informing me of the plans or progress of the new stadium.

So what's going on here? Is it just the news items missing or can I just keep on dreaming of the new stadium until the cows come home?

I'd say a similar thing will happen to me. Managing Peterborough in 2019, end of last season I asked the board to buy London Rd and was told to get stuffed, carried on into preseason and the start of the season and noticed in board confidence a progress bar for building a new stadium which will take 3 years. I 100% didn't get a news item announcing a new stadium yet, maybe it won't be announced until it gets past planning but I've a feeling it's going to go the same way as yours is.

So none has any idea what's going on with my (missing?) stadium?

I know there is an issue with news items not appearing, but the progress bar is completely gone, there is nothing in "planned expansion" to indicate that building has begun, but the board will not accept a request for a new stadium because "it is alread being actioned".

I'm not sure what to make of this, but I'm considering jumping ship now if no new stadium is being buildt. We're still playing games on Kenilworth Road with a capacity of 12.500 and with around 10.500 season ticket holders there's not much cash generated from my home matches. It's pretty annoying to put it mildly.

i had youth training facilities planned and was subject to a board takeover. The progress bar went missing when the takeover happened and the option to build was greyed out in boardroom option but later on i the season i got a news item saying the facilities where completed and they where. This is probably the same thing happening to you with your stadium i cant say for 100% but i would say your stadium is still on track for completion.

i had youth training facilities planned and was subject to a board takeover. The progress bar went missing when the takeover happened and the option to build was greyed out in boardroom option but later on i the season i got a news item saying the facilities where completed and they where. This is probably the same thing happening to you with your stadium i cant say for 100% but i would say your stadium is still on track for completion.

Thank you for the information. I suppose that the progress bar has gone missing and that that's all there is to it then :)

When did your facilities complete - on time or before/after the scheduled completion time?

So it's about stadiums (again).

I'm playing with Luton and it's July 2023. We got promoted to the Premier League one season ago and placed ourselves at a comfortable mid-table position. We also, miraculously, won the FA cup last season and thus is qualified for Europa League the coming season.

The previous board was planning to build a new stadium. A 3 year planning process was in the pipeline, scheduled to be finished summer of 2023, but that was extended for another 2 years (planning was supposed to be complete in summer 2025) after a take-over at the club. A month or so ago the planning bar dissapeared all together from the boardroom overview. When interacting with the board it says that "It is alread being actioned" when trying to ask for a new stadium, hence it's grayed out.

Never have I gotten any news items informing me of the plans or progress of the new stadium.

So what's going on here? Is it just the news items missing or can I just keep on dreaming of the new stadium until the cows come home?

Check in club info as it will be there. Facilities.

Down near the bottom, Planned Expansion.

Happened to me also.

o5otnt.png

Wiitastic: as I stated above in the follow up post - nothing there. Reason is probably because it was still only in the planning phase. As far as I know the planned expansions section isn't filled until the building phase starts.

Wiitastic: as I stated above in the follow up post - nothing there. Reason is probably because it was still only in the planning phase. As far as I know the planned expansions section isn't filled until the building phase starts.

Mine is in the planning stage also. So I have no idea why it wouldn't be there for you also.

Really? Weird that nothing comes up on that page though. What did show up yesterday however, was a 15 year long stadium sponsorship deal worth just over £5mil per year. Maybe an indication that something is happening behind the scenes?

Archived