Want to test something? FM Experiment time!

Hi All

I am going to have some hours on my hand for the next few weeks and I want to get some ideas on what some of you might want me to test?

It isn't a challenge I am looking for as such but I want to research or test something to see what I can find out, ideally I would like it around player development as it's the most aspect but I am open to ideas. I wonder if anyone wants me to be able to test something for them or indeed any ideas welcome.

Let me know

This isn't player development, but is something I've been wondering about for a long time. When you pick a feeder club for financial reasons, usually abroad, will the clubs with a higher cost give you more return compared to the less costly ones?

No hard feelings if this wasn't within scope though. Good luck with your testing :)

Tough one to test mate, I could give that a whirl somehow, so your basic premise is 'the more you pay for a feeder club does this equal more returns'?

I suppose I could run a game where on day 1 I look for a feeder club and pick most expensive and then end of season review it and then do the same another season but pick cheaper one.

I guess your question then is which produces most ROI?

It would take a long time to set up but something I've always fancied trying.

One division, all players set to same abilities, attributes etc. , except that for each team, their players would have one attribute in excess.

So for example, all attributes 10. But one team has 20 pace for every player, one has 20 anticipation, one has 20 technique, and so on. You could even rename the teams e.g. Pace Utd, Technique Town, Anticipation Athletic and so on ;)

I know its not a perfect way by any means of testing the relative importance of attributes as there are many other variables. Still, I'd love to see what happens.

Tough one to test mate, I could give that a whirl somehow, so your basic premise is 'the more you pay for a feeder club does this equal more returns'?

I suppose I could run a game where on day 1 I look for a feeder club and pick most expensive and then end of season review it and then do the same another season but pick cheaper one.

I guess your question then is which produces most ROI?

Yep, that should do it :)

If AI managers really make a difference use premiership for example make all top premiership teams Arsenal, Chelsea, Man city, Man utd, Liverpool, Tottenham have some of the worst managers in the world and see if the caliber of player these teams normally sign changes and how they got on in general. Then move the best managers in the world to the 5 lowest ranked teams in the premiership and see if they can challenge the rest and if their clubs transfer activity is different to who the old managers normally bring in.

Thought you have to pay extra for it?

Nope. The pre-game editor is bundled free of charge and as far as I remember it always has been right back to at least CM2 when I first started playing the game in 1996-97 or whenever it was.

IIRC you have to go into your Steam account to actually physically install it. It might be under the games tab, then "activate steam products" but I'm not quite sure tbh - someone here will be able to tell you exactly. It's the kind of thing you do once and then forget about... at least I do anyway :lol:

It's the "in-game" editor you have to pay for.

Archived