To sell or not to sell...

I am not in the Premier (I am in Sky Bet 1, 1st place). So this is financially motivated to ask the question.

My roster's salaries range from 17,500 pw down to 1,000 pw. The average is in the 6k to 7500 pw range.

I have three players moving over 13,250 pw.

I am well under the weekly payroll budget. However I am concerned about the high percentage that these three players are making. All three are starters and key players. One if my primary CD. One is an AM and the defending SBL1 player of the year. One is another AM.

The defensive player is 33. The AM/Def POY is 24. The other AM 28 and likely just entering his prime.

I have not resigned the 33 year old yet, contract expires at the end of the current season.

The 24 year old AM/POY is signed through 2021 and worth 2mill.

The 28 year old AM is signed through 2021 and worth 1.2 mill.

*It's currently December 2019.

So should I let the 33 year old expire at season's end?

And should I see either or both of my younger stars?

Keeping in mind I'm in first place in SBL1 and could be promoted to SB Championship for next season. I'm not sure what that will do as far as my earnings to offset the income.

You won't be able to sell the 33yo for much given his age. I would keep him if he is a starter until he becomes nothing more than a backup and the bonus is he will often sign on lower wages.

The other two are certainly possible sales but they need to be under contract to get good money for them. Any sign they don't want to agree a new contract I would look to move them on but wait until there is interest from other clubs.

Chances are though if you get promoted you'll also be needing them.

Archived