What Is Going On???

That's all I want and i'll never post again. I just need some closure so that I can finally walk away.

I know it sounds very melodramatic but what I've experienced has easily been the most frustrating and headache inducing sh*t I have ever come across.

I'll quickly digress to the start of my most recent save where I took control of Norwich and simply offered to survive relegation.

Season 1 - I came 11th but without too much screaming and shouting with even the slightest amount of luck on our side, we could have easily managed European Qualification if not a Champions League spot, but the board are happy so on we go to season 2.

Season 2 -Is a fantastic triumph culminating in a 2nd place league finish(2 points behind the winners) and an FA Cup victory. My first choice 11 are all players I started season 1 with.

Season 3 - And an unfortunate start in the league see's us hovering around mid table yet topping our CL table in our very first venture in the competition in a very difficult group(using my B team). We eventually show some good form in the league and lose only 3 of our next 23 games, just missing out on a CL spot. Amazingly by using practically my 2nd string of players we make it all the way to the CL Final before losing out 2-1 to a rampant Barcelona.

Season 4 - And we start magnificently in the league with 6 wins and a draw to top the table, then complete disaster as out of nowhere we somehow draw 2 and lose 6 of our next 8 games and guess what? i'm sacked???????????? after taking an expected relegation side to within 2 points of an EPL title and an CL Final all within 3 years and that's without even spending big in the transfer market.(and won 6 from 6 of our Euro Cup group)

Guess what? that's not the worst part by a long shot. I decide to add a new Manager which is basically a copy of myself with a different name, take over Norwich where I left off, add the tactics I had been using prior to my sacking(which went from totally fluid back to how they are when starting a new game) and have gone out and won 7 games on the belt scoring 17 goals and conceding just 1 and have taken my old club from 11th back to 2nd in the table by doing EXACTLY what I was doing before I was sacked.

So basically i'm asking WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????

I have a separate/similar tactic for Easy games - Close odds games - Difficult games and also for shutting up shop and an all out attack version when in need of a goal.

Sounds like a typical story we see on the forums tbh.

You overachieve either one season or over the course of a few seasons often with an attacking, direct tactic. Eventually the opposition teams take you more seriously giving you little attacking space to work in and focus more on counter attacking. You don't really adjust to this change of tact by the opposition, you start to lose a few games and head into a downward spiral which you either don't recognise or don't know how to turn it round ending in your sacking.

New manager starts with a clean sheet so to speak, you get a couple of wins and player morale is good again until the opposition take you more seriously and the downward spiral happens again.

Sounds like a typical story we see on the forums tbh.

You overachieve either one season or over the course of a few seasons often with an attacking, direct tactic. Eventually the opposition teams take you more seriously giving you little attacking space to work in and focus more on counter attacking. You don't really adjust to this change of tact by the opposition, you start to lose a few games and head into a downward spiral which you either don't recognise or don't know how to turn it round ending in your sacking.

New manager starts with a clean sheet so to speak, you get a couple of wins and player morale is good again until the opposition take you more seriously and the downward spiral happens again.

Makes no sense, as I don't use a plug and play tactic, I use various tactics based on my opposition/situation/match odds and switch accordingly.

Makes no sense, as I don't use a plug and play tactic, I use various tactics based on my opposition/situation/match odds and switch accordingly.

Matches in football are mostly very close, decided by the finest of margins even ones that finish with one team winning comfortably.

A goal at the right time works wonders and can carry a team to a win while if you don't score when you are in control you give the initiative to the opposition.

EDIT

Reading your OP again it also looks you have quite a demanding board, you got in a poor league position and got sacked. Boards & chairman have attributes as well, some are more patient than others.

Archived