Injury Question

One of my best midfielders has been on an injury tear this season.

In the coach's report he doesn't show any injury concern. Weakest area of game is Athleticism and Specific Aspect is Agility.

He missed 7 days with a bruised rib in 2014.

2015: 2 weeks with a damaged foot.

2016: no injuries

2017: 7 days, bruised shin

*All above injuries always occurred in December.

Apr 2018: 12 days: damaged elbow

June 2018: 2 weeks twisted knee

Sept 2018: 5 weeks torn ankle ligaments

Nov 2018: damaged Achilles tendon: length still TBD as this just happened in match today.

He's 27 years old. Is this just a bad stretch for him, or something I should become very worried about? The team is definitely better with him playing.

Is 2018/19 your 2nd season syndrome season?

If so its possible the new problems caused by the oppositions change of style could be adding to his workload and increasing the risk of injury.

It could also just a poor spell.

Yes, currently in November 2018; my second season with Leeds.

And as noted by you and others in my multitude of posts (sorry about that..lol) I do sub out guys in the starting XI when they are 90% or less at the match start. So he's not getting down into the 80s or 70s pre match causing these.

Yes, currently in November 2018; my second season with Leeds.

And as noted by you and others in my multitude of posts (sorry about that..lol) I do sub out guys in the starting XI when they are 90% or less at the match start. So he's not getting down into the 80s or 70s pre match causing these.

I don't mean that.

The more defensive tactics by the opposition could mean he is getting closed down and tackled quicker meaning more tackles going in on him therefore more chance of an impact injury. They could also be targeting him with harder challenges.

Also because you aren't having the same success he is probably turning quickly more often and charging up and down the pitch more often increasing the risk of a non-impact injury.

Archived