I know "it's my tactics" BUT....

Would someone please explain me why:

1) taking a penalty means there's a 99,9% chance to score a goal (I just won 37-36 on penalties)?

2) goalkeepers are ethereal and the ball just passes through their empty bodies on average once per game?

3) players reaction change (widely) every time I tell another player something?

4) I can't zone mark in the goalie area?

5) some coach decides my ideas are wrong and thus this or that player just cannot train for the role I decide and switches back to something random after a couple of weeks?

I've been playing FM since '93 and this one is by far the worst match engine.

But you are right, it's my tactics.

Well I wont criticize ya but there's many that have different opinions. I think 2014 is perhaps average, but I'm enjoying at this point. Before the recent patch - every game at the end of the first half, we wouldn't of scored. That's not unusual but the 4 CCC missed wasn't on. But the recent patch has improved it massively in my opinion, and its ok now.

I hope your experience improves like mine has mate :)

I get it, you don't really want answers to these, but wanted to have a rant. Fair enough. But just in case . . .

1) I believe SI have indicated that penalty conversion rates are a bit high, but they are nowhere near 99.9.

2) What you are seeing is the 3d representation not working so well when it shows a goal sometimes

3) Are you referring to teamtalks here? If so, other players are in the room, they can hear. If not, they talk to their teammates

4) SI have explained this one. See here for the official response: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post9470983

5) Haven't heard of that happening, but not saying it hasn't to you. If it does, then it's a bug surely, and should be reported as such

Dr. Hook,

thanks for clarifying:

1) I stand corrected, 73 scored penalties out of 74 means 98,4% and not 99,9%, thus nowhere near 99,9%

2) I agree, the 3d representation is quite amusing

3) Since this (reacting to someone else's individual teamtalks) happens only once the match is over, it's probably because the players listen to their iPods during the pre-match talks and during half-time talks. Also they must be quite easily swayed, because just as an individual talk to player Beta changes player Alpha's reaction, the individual talk to player Charlie restores player Alpha's reaction yet modifies player Beta's. Oh, I know, that's because all players are actually telepathic twins and unaware of their condition.

4) Explaining why something doesn't work doesn't exactly mean fixing it.

5) I'm surprised to understand this feature is not WAD as I guess everything above is.

There's no point to this thread.

If you have feedback or questions, take it to the feedback thread but without the sarcasm. If you're looking for advice or want to discuss something specific, like the team talks, start a thread in the relevant forum section. You'll be surprised at how helpful everyone can be and it'll go far beyond just "it's your tactic" responses.

Thread closed.

Archived