Club ran into 2billion debt after Consortium Takeover

The only thing I can assume is that the money that was used to buy the club, was also secured against the club. Meaning the club is now responsible for that debt, rather than the new owners. There are real life examples of it, but if you're interested, you can search for them yourself :D

The only thing I can assume is that the money that was used to buy the club, was also secured against the club. Meaning the club is now responsible for that debt, rather than the new owners. There are real life examples of it, but if you're interested, you can search for them yourself :D

Except the buyers of real life example knew the biggest club in the world could afford to pay for itself and now its turned a corner will be by far the richest club in the world in a few seasons.

Maybe they were super-rich, a consortium took over, injected cash and triggered the 2 billion bug.

I reckon it's this. There wouldn't have been enough time for large dividends to be paid and cash moved to reserves to avoid the bug.

When a club in FM has more than just over £2B in the bank in FM, the computer flips out, can't count any higher and helpfully decides to just flip it over to £-2B :D It wrecked a lot of saves before so a couple of years back SI introduced a feature where money was put in 'reserve funds' etc to stop this happening, but I guess if you were rich already and then had a cash injection the game still managed to break itself.

so a couple of years back SI introduced a feature where money was put in 'reserve funds' etc to stop this happening, but I guess if you were rich already and then had a cash injection the game still managed to break itself.

really?

I always get a bit tentative when nearing that figure, so mass spend on anything (bumper new contract? sure) (10m on a 5k rated newgen? sure)

but knowing it's been fixed, I can comfortably save without needing to do this

Is it the bank balance or the club value? Or both? Because club value would hit £2bil pretty quickly considering I'm in 2018 and there are around 5-6 clubs valued over £1bil.

But yes Samdiatmh it has been reported to be fixed. I never get that far in game to have that much money but I've seen people complaining about money going to a reserve fund. Without it their game would get ruined.

really?

I always get a bit tentative when nearing that figure, so mass spend on anything (bumper new contract? sure) (10m on a 5k rated newgen? sure)

but knowing it's been fixed, I can comfortably save without needing to do this

Yep, it's nearly completely fixed. Still the odd issue like this unfortunate one where it goes over £2B too quickly to be stopped in a takeover, but 99% of incidents seem to have gone.

Is it the bank balance or the club value? Or both? Because club value would hit £2bil pretty quickly considering I'm in 2018 and there are around 5-6 clubs valued over £1bil.

But yes Samdiatmh it has been reported to be fixed. I never get that far in game to have that much money but I've seen people complaining about money going to a reserve fund. Without it their game would get ruined.

Ban Balance.

Archived