Far Bigger Clubs

I have been playing FMH14, & using the Scottish League.

I would like to know why teams such as Dundee United & Hibs are described in the game as "far bigger clubs" than Hearts?

This is in the context of, for example, "Hearts lost 1-0 to Dundee United which demonstrated their ability to compete with far bigger clubs".

I find this absurd and would like an explanation.

Despite being currently in administration, & beginning the season with a 15 point deduction, no club in the SPL other than celtic could ever be described as a bigger club than Hearts, let alone a "far bigger club".

Dundee United & Hibs both have far smaller fan bases than Hearts, as well as far less successful footballing histories.

This requires clarification, & rectifying.

I already complained directly to Sega, & they have sent me here.

• SI Staff

Thanks for mentioning this - I'll look into the code and ensure this is rectified for an update, there are several hundred different permutations available for each of the various reports which can occur the chances are this one is unique to specific circumstances and had managed to avoid the eyes of QA.

You've given a fair bit of information regarding the clubs involved which should help me track it down and rectify it - so many thanks for that and sorry for any inconvenience its caused, I hope you're still enjoying the game.

• SI Staff
Marc, check Rangers also. Very common to have the "giant killing" when playing against opposition that is in a division above.

The Giant Killing in the case of Rangers is to do with the related Achievement, which is specifically to do with defeating a team in a higher division. There is a case for making Rangers exempt from this, but then the description of the achievement would need altering and it would be a bit of an odd thing to do for one club.

Thanks for mentioning this - I'll look into the code and ensure this is rectified for an update, there are several hundred different permutations available for each of the various reports which can occur the chances are this one is unique to specific circumstances and had managed to avoid the eyes of QA.

You've given a fair bit of information regarding the clubs involved which should help me track it down and rectify it - so many thanks for that and sorry for any inconvenience its caused, I hope you're still enjoying the game.

Thanks very much mate

I also have a question regarding the "size" of clubs.

I tried to buy a player in the division below me (I think I was in League 2 he was in Skrill Premier). He had a Big Club Release clause so I simply offered the club his "value" (I think it was £10k). The club turned me down.

Shouldn't they have to accept an offer from a club in the division above?

• SI Staff

The big club release clause means that it has to be a 'fair market value' offer rather than simply the amount displayed on his profile. Also there has to be a significant difference between the reputation of the two clubs, sometimes one division won't be enough.

• SI Staff
Has that been changed from last year? I used to be able to simply offer what was in his profile.

How are you supposed to know what a fair market value is? I thought that's what the value in the profile was (the computer's opinion, at least, based on various factors)?

I don't believe this has been changed from last year at all, actually. The value in the profile is more a 'guideline' rather than an objective market value, much as in PC.

I don't believe this has been changed from last year at all, actually. The value in the profile is more a 'guideline' rather than an objective market value, much as in PC.

I remember in last years game I left a team in the Conference Premier and joined a team in League One. I immediately went back and scouted my star player in that Conference team, a centre back. My scouts said he was good enough for my first team in League One and he still had a Big Club Release clause, so I simply offered his profile value (I think it was about £6k), and they were forced to accept. I think I took 2 or two other players in the same way in the same window.

I felt a little bad doing that to my old club, but hey. Business is business.

Archived