Keeper Distribution

I wonder if someone could help me with this. I have set my keeper to distribute it to my defenders as well as short passing. For some reason he still hoofs it down the pitch and gives away possession. It's cost me a few goals. Any thoughts? Cheers.

I think it means that when the chance presents itself, he'll pass it short. What you should do (unless you actually watch the full match) is go to the analysis at the end of the match and have a look at where your keeper has passed it throughout. It may well be it's only in the highlights you watch that he hits it long, particularly if that leads to a goal. Just because you give the keeper that instruction, it doesn't mean they'll do it 100% of the time.

Or it could be a bug...

I didn't think of that but it only confirms my fears anyway. 50% pass completion rate. The majority of them long. A lot of them intercepted. I looked at the opposition keepers stats and he's doing exactly what I want my keeper to do. I'm not setup for long ball but it seems to be the way the keeper wants to play!! I don't think it's him not deciding to heed my instructions. If it is, surely there should be some way to speak to him about it? I changed my fluidity to very rigid to see of that helped. The team actually performed better but the keeper still hoofs it long. Weird. Cheers for the response though. I didn't think to look at the stats.

Archived