Do Preset tactics work better?

Started the thread again with a more accurate title...

Im interested to read about other players experiences with tactics in general. I have come to the conclusion that less gives more (at the moment), in that the simpler the tactic the better it works?

Background - playing as Barnsley in the English Championship, Predicted finish 22nd.

Ive downloaded and trialed a few of the tactics on this forum, read about the match engine problems (which seem many - sigh), and tried my own ideas to build a solid tactic - without any consistency in results - until now.

I tried out of frustration a untouched preset formation and couldn't believe my eyes, as my team played the way i had been trying to "make" them play. Fluke i thought - nope.

Now using the base 451 formation with just two or three team instructions at a time max, and a max of one instruction per player - im on a unbeaten 15 game run!

Has anyone else found this?

Would love feed back and finding from anyone...

No need for me to upload as its a preset tactic. Instructions im using;

Team: Playing style Fluid, Balanced. Slower tempo and Play out of Def (to keep the ball), and work into box (sometimes if taking too many long shots)

Player: AF(A) changed to DLF(S) with Channels. IF(S) changed to Wings(A) and CM(A) roam. I wanted to play a control style while keeping it as simple as possible, haven't needed to change away from Balanced at all.

What on earth were you doing before? Might make an interesting comparison.

Before? as i said i tried different downloaded tactics (about 7 different ones), when they didnt work I took ideas from them, how others were using position instructions. Tried the ideas for fixing the FB problem as an example. But i couldnt get any sort of consistency. In short I was using Highly Modified tactical instructions, but have found that using presets seem to work better.

Thats my findings and i would like others opinions on what they have found - is less better?

Examples that seem to be better (in the 451) were...

FBs play better on AUTO.

Leave the DM(D) as a DM(D) with no instructions - changing the role seems to make the whole system fail?

Leave one CM as AUTO

Archived