Buyout fee available for a sell-on transfer clause, which I can't find anywhere :(

I've got a player who I sold on to another club five years ago, and one of the clauses was that I would get 40% of the profit on his next transfer.

In my confidence updates recently, I've been getting this message:

"There is a buyout fee available for the following transfer clause:

Ryan Smith: 40% of the profit available made on his next transfer will go to Bristol Rovers (Signed for 1.5M) (Buyout fee: 153K)"

Now, I want to take that fee, but when I go to the transfer clauses, they refer to a handful of other players, not Ryan Smith. I do note that Smith, two years after I sold him, he got transferred from Nottingham Forest to Millwall for 250K, maybe that's caused the clause to be invalid, and the fact that it's popping up now is a sort of bug? Or am I missing something? It's mostly just an annoyance as the amount is small change, but I'm obsessing about it a bit.

If he was sold on thats when the fee would have been activated.

Judging from your OP you weren't entitled to any bonus as Nottingham Forest didn't make any profit on the transfer and you should have been advised of this at the time via a message.

The message you are getting now is therefore a bug of some sort.

Archived