Don't add scouted players to shortlist... can it be done?

I have a shortlist with the best players on it so I get notified when they become available. But everytime I scout a potential signing he gets added to that shortlist of world class players. Is there any way I can prevent scouted players from being added to the shortlist?

There's no way to stop player being added to tour default shortlist, you can create multiple shortlists & taylor the news feeds on each one which can help keeping your primary targets separate.

Thanks for your response, Barside. I created a new shortlist "Top Targets" but now the players are added to that shortlist. I understand I can select an "active" shortlist but the settings seems to be resetting whenever I view the "Top Targets" list?

This drives me nuts too.

The active shortlist setting seems to refer only to news settings.

What you need to be looking out for is the black diamond. When you click shortlists you should see

(Default)

Top Targets

You will note that one of these lists has a black diamond before their name.

The list with the black diamond is the one to which new scouted players are automatically added. This black diamond of doom appears to be a reflection of the last shortlist that you looked at. It seems that SI think the last shortlist I looked at is the shortlist that I now want all newly scouted players to appear on. It is not.

You must try to remember to always look at the default list before scouting anyone.

It drives me nuts, and if I have misunderstood the situation and am missing a simple setting I would love to know how to avoid this bizarre situation.

Guest Satchy

They are added immediately when you scout the players. You simply click the box "Remove From Shortlist" straight away after hitting the scout player option. Then if you use the arrow for the drop down box you can add them to a specific shortlist which you may have created, if in the end you do want to keep the player on your list.

Yeah when you add to shortlist all you can do is immediately click remove from shortlist afterwards. You can also scout multiple players and then remove multiple players at once from the shortlist.

In my opinion the default should be to NOT add to shortlist. If it were truly a shortlist, it would be comprised of a refined list of what you're looking for. I'd much rather scout players, have them be added to a list, and then from that I can go through and add to shortlist manually. The shortlist IMO should consist of players you are really interested in signing, and the longlist should consist of players you have scouted, and I do not want to read news items on players I have not shortlisted - duh I am not interested in signing them, ergo, do not call this number again, get out.

Often the shortlist is never anything but short, I like the idea of having a scouted players (long) list & a separate shortlist for priority targets.

Often the shortlist is never anything but short, I like the idea of having a scouted players (long) list & a separate shortlist for priority targets.

Would be handy, especially when it comes to creating a difference in which news items you wish to receive.

I always use the default one only and my SL tends to boast 400-600 players. Quite often a message about a really interesting target just get buried unnoticed among the many loan offers for youngsters with no immediate signing perpective.

I know that it could be done in theory, but if settings revert too easily and wrongly then this should really be taken care of.

Archived