FM 2013: Fede Vico

JEinchy

Fede Vico

Cordoba

Attacking Midfielder (Left)

Midfielder (Left), Attacking Midfielder (Centre, Right)

fedevico.jpg

Personal Information

Federico "Fede" Vico Villegas, born on the 4th of July 1994, is a young Spanish midfielder currently playing for Segunda Division side Cordoba. Vico started training with the Cordoba first team in the 10/11 season and made his debut for their reserve side, before making his full first team debut on the 23rd of January 2011 against Girona. During the 11/12 season, Vico featured more regularly for Cordoba, appearing 29 times in all competitions and netting twice: his first against rivals Xerez, becoming the youngest goalscorer in Cordoba's history in the process, and his second agaisnt CD Guadalajara. This season, Vico has played 12 times.

Football Manager Information

At the start of the game, Vico is a part of Cordoba's first team. His natural position is Attacking Midfield (Left), but he is just as capable as an Attacking Midfield (Central) and can fill in at Midfield (Left) and Attacking Midfield (Right). This versatility, combined with his starting attributes, makes him a useful player to have despite his young age.

fedevicostart.png

Immediately evident is that Vico has good attributes in all three categories, which means he has a very good base for you to work off of. He very much fits the mould of the archetypal playmaker, being quick, possessing good technical skills and plenty of flair and creativity. He's one of those players who simply needs time on the pitch to reach his potential, which is what prompted me to buy him initially.

fedevico14.png

I brought Vico for my Sevilla side at the start of the game for £5,500,000 and he's pretty much been a first team regular since day one. Playing as an Inside Forward on the left of a 4-2-3-1, he bagged 11 goals and 6 assists in his first season. The screenshot above is of him at the end of the 13/14 season, where he played a key role in a title winning side, scoring 15 times, getting 18 assists and being named as Young Player of the Year, again as an Inside Forward.

The rate in which he progressed throughout those two seasons was quick. Every month his attributes seemed to increase and he's ended up as a very dangerous player, being able to beat defenders with ease, provide several quality passes for my forwards and be a goal threat himself. He has good attributes in just about every key area for an attacking midfielder. The only let down is his very poor Long Shots stat, which didn't increase at all in his two seasons with me so far. However, he is only 19 still and I'm sure he can develop a bit more, so I may be able to get that attribute up to a more useful level, as well as improve on his Finishing more. A Fairly Loyal personality should ensure he stays with me long enough to accomplish that.

Although not a super-talent, Vico is, overall, a dependable player to have for any team. His Creativity and Flair could make him a valuable player for any team lacking in those departments, while his ability to play multiple positions and chip in with a few goals could be useful for those teams looking for a good squad player. £5,500,000 perhaps isn't the cheapest for some teams, and I'm sure that price varies save-by-save, but I would highly recommend him for those looking for young attacking midfielders.

For the curious, I believe his PA is:

• 2 months later...

Has been immense for me on my Everton save. I play him on the left of a 4-2-3-1 as an AML/IF attack. Definitely does a lot to support the attack in the box and creates lots of chances cutting in from the left to the center of pitch and laying through balls through the middle.

It really irks me that players like Vico, Strandberg, etc don't appear in large databases unless you customize them. I've literally been looking for a player exactly like this and I'm getting nowhere. Surely ability should be a factor in players appearing for sides as much as reputation? I mean someone's gotta know that these players are good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived