FM12: Darwin Quintero - Colombian Poacher.

Darwin Quintero

Carlos-Darwin-Quintero.jpg

Position:: Striker

Footed:: Either

Nationality:: Colombian

Current Club:: Santos Laguna

Starting Value:: 1.1mil(Patch 12.2)

Purchase Value:: 2.3mil

Carlos Darwin Quintero Villalba (born September 18, 1987 in Cali) is a Colombian football striker, currently playing for Santos Laguna in the Mexican Primera División. He has played for the Colombian U-20 national team (2007) as well as the Colombia national football team. Quintero made his debut against Brazil national football team as a starter in a 0-0 draw. He then scored his first goal against Mexico national football team in a 2-1 win. He was also named as one of the players to keep an eye on during the 2009 season by FIFA.com.

I am currently playing as Blackpool in the English Premier League. I purchased Darwin for 2.3mil during the first window and he lit up the Championship firing my way to promotion. He will happily come to Championship sides and is probably one of the best strikers you can get for the Championship, and from the images you can see below, he can cut it in the Premiership easily enough aswell, here's a picture of price/his current goal scoring record for me.

DC480AFF03A047EB22416E0188795D273586E6FA

This is how he looks currently for me, so he does slightly improve. Bare in mind he would have better stats but he's either footed, which makes him great for how I play him. Due to the image limit I cannot post his starting stats.

9BA367236DB9CECEA9BF4B2237346827B3453D84

I generally play with this tactic as a lone striker, it's worked very well, I haven't changed any of the default settings so it's a default poacher setting. I have used him with two upfront in the poacher role besides a DLF-Support and that's worked just as well being doesn't suit my style of play.

p7jlw.jpg

Being my first topic, let me know if anything needs adding/changing and I'll see what I can do!

Cheaper version of Christian Benitez :o

I prefer Quintero but that's probably since I started this Blackpool save he's become my favourite player on FM2012.

He's just scored a hat-trick to put away Arsenal in the Euro Super Cup.

This being the winner since I was 2 - 1 up with 10 men and hoping to stay on.

[video=youtube;XFuEsM9MMLk]

Not sure why the quality is so poor but here's my favourite goal by him' date=' which was a 1 - 0 win also vs Arsenal.

[video=youtube;RRRKkB4qwnI']

Archived