[fm12] Yorkshire Nation

dragonheat

after much pain, agony and a pc that died the yorkshire nation is ready :)

The nation is sorted into three leagues with ecah league having it own rules when it comes to non yorkshire players:

Yorkshire Championship has 16 teams (8 non yorkshire allowed)

Yorkshire 1 has 21 teams (4 allowed)

Yorkshire 2 has 21 teams (2allowed)

There is a fa cup which allows 4 non yorkshire players

A charity shield which is played between the winners of the fa and the yorkshire championship

red cards are 3 match ban per ban a one match ban for every 5 cards, 2 for ten and so on

you can download the file from http://www.gamefront.com/files/21060337/Yorkshire+Nation4.rar

enjoy :)

oh if you find any teams missing leave a comment on here

[urlhttp://www.gamefront.com/files/21061104/logos.rar[/url] thank you nine_iron for the logo pack

l you have to do is make a graphics folder in you sports interactive folder in my documents, if you dont have one already hen in game make sure you have "use skin cache" unticked in preferences and "always reload skin on confirm" ticked

Does it include graphics? Remember you are welcome to strip out the ones from my Lincolnshire and humberside database logo pack that will work with it and make your own set, PM me if you need any help.

Well done again with the database, I will be giving it a whirl soon!

Does it include graphics? Remember you are welcome to strip out the ones from my Lincolnshire and humberside database logo pack that will work with it and make your own set, PM me if you need any help.

Well done again with the database, I will be giving it a whirl soon!

i don't how to add graphics

i don't how to add graphics

I will PM you a folder of graphics for clubs in your league from my nation, I can add others for you if you like, if not and you want to learn how to do it you can look at the files and I will tell you what to do.

Loaded this up and taken over Leeds and, whilst I'm sure the foreigner restrictions will aid the National Team, they make it very difficult for the bigger Yorkshire clubs to assemble a compliant squad in the month before the transfer window closes. I don't know if this is possible in the editor, but could you make it so that the foreigner rule comes in gradually, maybe allowing 10 in the 34 man squad in Season 1, reducing to 7 in the second year, and finally 4 from season 3 - this would give the bigger clubs time to offload the foreigners and replace with Yorkshire talent.

I've already had Bristol City wanting more than I could afford for Stead (despite £1M coming in from Villa as part of the Delph deal when he made his international bow - easier to get in the Yorkshire team than England's!) and a breakdown in talks with Forte as he was demanding too much in wages - it's hard to bring in the best Yorkshire talent from the English league.

Add that to the fact that, now I've named my squad (picking Lonergan, Kisnorbo, Snodgrass and Becchio as my 4 foreigners), four players have come to me expressing concerns at being left out (Forssell, Vayrynen, Brown and McCormack) and I'm sure they're only the first of many.

I'm sure I'll be back with more feedback as things progress - I'm definitely looking forward to a long-term game on this DB, hopefully building Yorkshire's co-efficient by taking Leeds to CL glory then leading the national team to the World Cup.

I've just re-read the post and it seems very negative - please don't think I'm only here to criticise. I just wanted to give a clear picture of the problem I'm having with the foreigner limits, in the hope that it may be tweakable for a future update. Overall it looks like a very good DB and thanks for the work you've done on it.

Its a hard balance, I found the best number of foreign players was 9, this allowed flexibility and a national team boost. There are still 4 players after a season and AI clubs who are unregistered and after two seasons there was probably 2 in the whole of my league.

I suggest Dragonheat you can either up it to 9 or set all non national players on a contract that allows clubs to dispose of them easily and keep the ones they want. Yes its less realisitic but it gives clubs a cash boost as wages go down while bringing home talent to the forfront.

I will let you decide but it is a step I am considering for my national databases if I get similar feedback.

Loaded this up and taken over Leeds and, whilst I'm sure the foreigner restrictions will aid the National Team, they make it very difficult for the bigger Yorkshire clubs to assemble a compliant squad in the month before the transfer window closes. I don't know if this is possible in the editor, but could you make it so that the foreigner rule comes in gradually, maybe allowing 10 in the 34 man squad in Season 1, reducing to 7 in the second year, and finally 4 from season 3 - this would give the bigger clubs time to offload the foreigners and replace with Yorkshire talent.

I've already had Bristol City wanting more than I could afford for Stead (despite £1M coming in from Villa as part of the Delph deal when he made his international bow - easier to get in the Yorkshire team than England's!) and a breakdown in talks with Forte as he was demanding too much in wages - it's hard to bring in the best Yorkshire talent from the English league.

Add that to the fact that, now I've named my squad (picking Lonergan, Kisnorbo, Snodgrass and Becchio as my 4 foreigners), four players have come to me expressing concerns at being left out (Forssell, Vayrynen, Brown and McCormack) and I'm sure they're only the first of many.

I'm sure I'll be back with more feedback as things progress - I'm definitely looking forward to a long-term game on this DB, hopefully building Yorkshire's co-efficient by taking Leeds to CL glory then leading the national team to the World Cup.

I've just re-read the post and it seems very negative - please don't think I'm only here to criticise. I just wanted to give a clear picture of the problem I'm having with the foreigner limits, in the hope that it may be tweakable for a future update. Overall it looks like a very good DB and thanks for the work you've done on it.

now I think about it I'll change it to 8 for championship and half them each lower league, i'll upload it tomorrow

What are your thoughts on the logos? I can have a file with them done tonight or tomorrow too so you can host them up together.

Hope you dont mind me running off and doing it but its quite fun and its looking great!

EDIT: Can you pick a flag for the Yorkshire nation and I will include that also, just find something on google and link me to it.

... great he is making more work for me

:D :D :D

About 180x180 is what it scales to so not too small an image and the KOYLI one doesnt work, ive tried it already and I cannot make it a logo for some reason. I gave up on it!

I am just on to sheffield now so not far away from finishing, all you have to do is make a graphics folder in you sports interactive folder in my documents, if you dont have one alread, then put the logo folder I give you in that.

Then in game make sure you have "use skin cache" unticked in preferences and "always reload skin on confirm" ticked

nine_iron, if you want I'll create the flags with the same effects as the original ones in-game.

I was too lazy to do anything fancy last night, the logos are dragonheats now to administer so feel free to have a go and liase with him.

Apologies if you've corrected this on a more recent version, as I'm enjoying the game I started on v1 and haven't updated yet, but I have noticed the following teams are still in England when they should be in Yorkshire:

Stocksbridge Park Steels

Wakefield FC

Armthorpe Welfare

Maltby Main

Marske United

Guisborough Town

Stokesley SC

That's all Step 5 of non-league and above. I'll try and look at Steps 6-7 at some point soon for you.

• 1 month later...

As dragonheat is unable to continue work on this database for a while, I intend to attempt to continue his fine work.

Any bugs, please post them here and I'll look into them.

v11 (last version created by dragon) can be found here http://www.gamefront.com/files/21175206/Yorkshire+Nation11.rar - Can a mod update the link in the first post accordingly please?

My first task will be to move from England to Yorkshire the teams mentioned in my previous post, and then look at the next levels of the pyramid to see if there are any more dragon missed.

Unfortunately, until SI patch the March 6 bug, a long term game will not be feasible.

If you have any tasks for me, such as graphics or any research just let me know. I am looking for something to do before the 6th march fix is confirmed. I am assuming of course that it will confirmed it can be fixed, then patched in the next update days or a week or so later, leaving me time to edit.

I can also do some testing for finances and stability as I have a very powerful rig and can get through a season in under 10 minutes using my testing rules. Just let me know how you want the finances to perform and I can address it (again once the 6th of match issue has been patched).

Thanks for the support nine_iron.

I've started looking at the changes I need to make for v12. V11 added a couple of the teams I mentioned above that were English on v1, so I've now set up a spreadsheet with all the teams that Dragonheat had already changed to Yorkshire, plus the others from above, and sorted them based on RL division and last season's finish. Taking out AFC Barnsley, who my research suggests ceased to exist about 5 years ago, I have 64 teams, which makes 4 divisions of 16. The next job will be to establish what effect that will have on England (hopefully none, as I think all the teams I'll be moving to Yorkshire are in "A lower division")

I'm going to take a look at the English side of the DB later in the week, as I'm busy the next couple of days, with a view (if I can work out the editor) to starting testing on v12 early next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Re-uploaded v11 - not had time to finish v12 yet http://www.gamefront.com/files/21241822/Yorkshire+Nation11.rar

Always a good idea, let the ardent fan find the bugs and suggest improvements for you :)

I wish I had a little more feedback on my database but after 2 months of testing it myself I think I have nailed it!

If there is anything I can do for this let me know as forgot to bring my database with me this weekend and I am at the inlaws place :)

• 1 month later...

Right, as the new patch seems to have got this working again, I'm going to try and finish v12 over the next few days.

I've already added a few teams that were missing from v11, but want to review some of the reshuffling of English teams to fill the gaps created in the nPower leagues and below as I think that could be tweaked slightly.

Today though, I want to finish my European Campaign 2012-13 as Yorkshire's first Champions are attempting to boost the co-efficient of the nation.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry that the "few days" in the earlier post became a month, but I do all my planning in Excel and my MS Office decided to start crashing every time I tried using Excel so I was unable to refer to my plan sheet!

Got Office sorted and the Edits for v12 are now done, just need to test it before uploading - hopefully soon after the Eater break.

I was hoping to release this on my return from Leeds last night, having started a holiday game to test stability before I left Bristol yesterday morning. Unfortunately, I got home to find a crash dump in 2018.

I'm going to be out most of today as well, so I'm going to try another holiday test to see if yesterday's crash was a one-off or whether it happens again. Depending on the result, I hope I can iron out any issues by Saturday so I can run another stability test whilst I attend Leeds v Peterborough (a 400+ mile round trip taking 12 hours out of my day for a meaningless end of season match - I must be insane!). If that goes well, it'll be out Saturday night or Sunday.

Archived