This is a brief update of what to expect in the future.. This has been confirmed by the African Rearcher on the official African research site found here.
What has been implemented?
* The African Nations Cup (Ghana 2008) stadiums have been modified with new capacities, new names and the missing stadiums have been created and assigned to the relevant cities.
* All newly built stadiums for 2010 tournament have been created.
* The missing Angola 2010 hosting cities have now been created.
* Missing major international African rivalries are now implemented.
* Spoken langugages for nations has been given an overhaul and second and third languages have been assigned to some countries.
* Teams present in the database who participate in Champions League and African Confederation Cup have now been assigned to the relevent compeition in the database.
* New continental awards implemented:
- African Goalkeeper of the Year
- African Coach of the Year
- African Inter-Club Team of the Year
- African National Team of the Year
- African XI of the Year
- African Inter-Club Player of the Year
* Other missing clubs have been added to the database. Possibly the most reknowned of these is Patrick Vieira's and Bernard Lama's elite academy Diambars in Senegal.
* Some clubs have changed their name recently and the new data includes the new names for example Senegalese club SONACOS has been renamed to SUNEORS.
* Some clubs have been removed from the database as they no longer exist.
* Most, if not all missing Players from the u17 world cup and u20 world cup earlier this year have been added to the game.
* Some international u17 players such as Sadick Adams and Ransford Osei have been modified to have include higher potential based on their performances at the u17 world cup.
What might be implemented?
The following has been passed on to SI to be implemented or fixed:
* The hosts for African Nations 2010,2012,2014 have all been announced. This information has been passed onto SI and it is up to them to implement into game.
* Inclusion of the country Zanzibar, they have a team in the Champions League and Confederation Cup but these are not presently in the database. This is because there is no Zanzibar country to assign them to.
* The competition history problem with Confederations Cup including the Cup Winners Cup history is up to SI to fix.
* The competition history of the African Youth Championship (African Cup of Nations for U20 sides) has been passed on for implementation. In real life the semi finalists qualify for the u20 World Cup but for now we would like to see the competition history in game. It's a small step in the right direction.
* The new competition African Nations Championship details has also been passed on. This is most likely for a future version of FM and not be included in the patch.