Increase youth recruitment

My financial picture is good, about 11,5 million positive.

I have a 80k profit each month.

My youth recruitment is fairly basic.

So I thought, lets ask the board about increasing the budget for it, but I only got two options:

- We should cut back on our youth recruitment as the money would be better spent in other areas of the club.

- We should cut back on our youth recruitment as there is too much competition in our area to be able to attract players good enough for the team.

Is this a bug that I can not request to increase?

Or are there some valid reasons?

@Stu:

It's a own made team down in the Dutch leagues.

I haven't tried with any other team yet.

To be honest, I started with all poor facilities like when the team is just added in the editor.

Than I stumbled upon this issue, so just for a try I increased the clubs reputation, funds, training facilities.

So at the moment my youth coaching and recruitment are not state of the art and I am not able to get it there.

I supposed as the balance is 10 million we would be able to increase, as there won't be a one time big expanse like the training facilities itself right?

@Gourcuff:

And by that you mean the youth recruitment?

Because you have to realize that my youth training facilities are already state of the art. But only the youth coaching and youth recruitment are not.

I am able to ask for an increase of the youth coaching but not for the youth recruitment.

I took charge of a team in the Blue Square Bet South and was able to ask for a youth recruitment upgrade. I have to add tho that their youth recruitment was rated 1 out of 20. Still unable to get that option on the 3 teams I mentioned in the post earlier tho. Not sure what the reason of this is, perhaps someone at SI can elaborate?

Generally speaking your board will need to be committed to youth development (some are, some aren't) and your rating will need to be below what would be expected for a club of that size. The chances are most sides probably have recruitment networks which already reflect their club stature in the starting DB so to begin with many sides won't have the opportunity to upgrade to begin with. If however you improve your sides rep over time then the opportunity to raise the youth recruitment network will become available, finances permitting.

Generally speaking your board will need to be committed to youth development (some are, some aren't) and your rating will need to be below what would be expected for a club of that size. The chances are most sides probably have recruitment networks which already reflect their club stature in the starting DB so to begin with many sides won't have the opportunity to upgrade to begin with. If however you improve your sides rep over time then the opportunity to raise the youth recruitment network will become available, finances permitting.

I think that the model dosen't accurately reflect real life, for example I remember on FM 11 when i had control of rennes are youth recruitment downgraded,(from extensive to Well established)I then thought ok maybe I could upgrade it back up but it wouldn't let me; considering they have the best academy in France surely I would be allowed to increase it back to its usual standard? I had this same problem when I took over other teams that had a rep below 9500, I know its based on rep, but it doesn't take into account teams known for their youth systems (the same with Dinamo in Croatia they went from well established to above average on another save), another thing that frustrates me about this is when you take over a club in a small nation and they start off with Limited recruitment, I remember taking over a team in wales becoming professional having a rep of around 5000 and still not being allowed to increase it to "basic" and its not like I couldn't afford it :mad:, I don't know if the model is the same as FM 11; but I'm willing to bank it still is

Thanks stu, it does make sense, but .... I wish I could have ;)

I don't care about the other teams, when the finance allow it I want it :) I just want my team to be the best over time and need the extensive youth recruitment to achieve that.

Anyways thanks again, will keep an eye on this when I'm shooting up through the league system.

I've just had the option to increase youth recruitment and youth recruitment network for the first time after finishing my second season. I had an increase in club stature as well.

TBH it's quite unclear what is actually being upgraded

I've just had the option to increase youth recruitment and youth recruitment network for the first time after finishing my second season. I had an increase in club stature as well.

TBH it's quite unclear what is actually being upgraded

Your essentially increasing the resources used to scout potential youth candidates, which in game terms means you're improving the potential of the players being generated at your club.

Archived