FM11: Douglas Costa

killface

Douglas Costa

douglas-costa_1893153i.jpg

Position:AM(RLC)

Club: Shakhtar

Approx. Sale Value: €15m

Real Life:

Douglas Costa is an attacking midfield player currently playing for Shakhtar Donestk in the Ukraine. Douglas spent his early career at Gemio in Brazil before moving to Shakhtar in January 2010 as part of Mircea Lucescu's young Brazilian attacking front. Since moving he has made 40 appearances and scored 10 goals, while helping Shakhtar win two consecutive league titles, a Ukrainian cup and progressing to the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League. He traditionally plays as a central attacking midfielder, but often drifts wide and cuts inside to provide a goal scoring threat.

His continental performances have started attracting interest for large clubs in Europe, with Shakhtar recently turning down an offer from Arsenal.

In Game

douglascostaprofileattr.png

Start

douglascostaprofileattr.png

2 Seasons In

Douglas is a great alternative to the normal attacking midfield targets (Hazard, Pastore, Pjanic, Alexis Sanchez, Ganso, etc). He's usually cheaper than those listed, will go to smaller teams, more versatile and is equally ready to slot into just about any team. He does have one benefit over players though, his deadly freekicks. You will be amazed that just about every freekick he takes, he puts on target in a dangerous area. Besides his deadball talent, he's a wonderful dribbler who can use both feet and has the speed to take on anyone. I've been playing him in the center as an advanced playmaker, but he does equally well as in any role on the wings or central. Scores more as an inside forward and assists more as a playmaker, so pick your poison. So I highly recommend Costa for just about any team needing creativity, but would clearly do great in a smaller team with some money.

for me douglas costa has been a total waste of money, all he does is shoot from long range(w/ settings on Never ) VERY annoying. couldn't find any way to stop it... well i guess it's the ME's fault. otherwise great player

He puts in some long shots for me, but not a ton really. Could be that he lacks passing options. My front line is extremely fast, so he usually has someone to pass to up front. Also, he has the "Shoots From Distance" ppm, so maybe ask him to unlearn it. I would try it out, but I love his long shots.

• 3 weeks later...

Second highest payed player in the game in my save, earning £210k a week, second only to Messi. Left Shakhtar for Zenit in 2011 for £11.25m before making a big money move to Inter two seasons later. Won two italian cups with him. Strange he's got the big money move over Neymar and Ganso who are at Zenit and Santos.

Archived