2012 Euro Championships Fantasy Footbal

All of us at some point or another have taken part in fantasy football games, so I decided for a wee bit of fun to run one for the 2012 Euros

I have holidayed to 2 days before the tournament starts and all i need from you is to browse the squads and select your team

Each squad will consist of 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 strikers with no more than 2 players from any nation, transfer will take place after the group games where people can ditch players out of the tournament and replace them with fresh blood.

Point scoring will be as follows

Playing up to 60mins 1pt

Playing 60mins or more 2pts

Goalkeeper scores 10pts

Defender scores 6pts

Midfielder scores 5pts

Forward scores 4pts

goal assist 3pts

Clean sheet(GK and Def only) 3pts

Penalty save(not inc shootouts) 5pts

Penalty miss(not inc shootouts) -2pts

Man of the match 3pts

goal conceded(GK and def only) -1pt

yellow card -2pts

red card -5pts

own goal -2pts

Below is the teams and their groups PM me with your squad

Group A Bosnia France Poland Serbia

Group B Croatia Iceland Portugal Ukraine

Group C Germany Israel Italy Russia

Group D England Spain Sweden Switzerland

Due to the German national team being unplayable it is a sqaud of unknowns

Deadline for entries is Wednesday 17th @ 5pm

Results of games

Group B

Croatia 3 - 0 Iceland

Ukraine 2 - 0 Portugal

Group D

Switzerland 1 - 1 Sweden

England 1 - 2 Spain

Group A

France 1 - 0 Bosnia

Poland 0 - 0 Serbia

Group C

Israel 0 -1 Germany

Italy 1 - 1 Russia

Group B

Iceland 0 - 1 Ukraine

Portugal 2 - 1 Croatia

Group D

Spain 1 - 0 Switzerland

Sweden 1 - 2 England

Group A

Bosnia 1 - 1 Poland

Serbia 2 - 1 France

Group C

Germany 0 - 2 Italy

Russia 3 - 1 Israel

Group B

Croatia 2 - 0 Ukraine

Iceland 0 - 2 Portugal

Group A

Poland 0 - 3 France

Serbia 2 - 2 Bosnia

Group C

Italy 3 - 0 Israel

Russia 2 - 1 Germany

Group D

England 1 - 0 Switzerland

Spain 4 - 0 Sweden

Quarter-Final

France 0 - 0 Ukraine (3 - 5 on pens)

Serbia 1 - 3 Croatia

England 1 - 2 Italy (AET)

Russia 0 - 0 Spain (4 - 5 on Pens)

Semi-Final

Croatia 2 - 2 Italy ( 5 - 3 on pens)

Ukraine 1 - 3 Spain

The Final

Spain 2 - 0 Croatia

Exited player points

Portugal

Carvalho 5pts

Ronaldo 15pts

Coentrao 6pts

Meireles 6pts

Eduardo 6pts

Switzerland

Senderos -3pts

Djorou 2pts

Sweden

Ibrahimovic 8 pts

Bosnia

Dzeko 10pts

Begovic 2pts

Israel

Benayoun 6pts

Germany

Zinn 9pts

Weber 0pts

France

Lloris 13pts

Benzema 20pts

Ribery 0pts

Sagna 10pts

Mexes 12pts

Gourcuff 8pts

Squillaci 5pts

Diarra 2pts

Evra 5pts

Serbia

Vidic 5pts

Kolorov 3pts

Tosic 0pts

Subotic -2pts

England

Terry -1pts

Gerrard 26pts

Baines 8pts

Rooney 5pts

A.Cole 1pt

Lampard 20pts

Hart 6pts

Russia

Arshavin 20pts

Akinfeev 8pts

Kolodin 0pts

Berezutskiy 5pts

Great Idea Jim, my team is in your inbox

Cheers at 1st I thought of doing the World Cup but the Euros gives me a better number of teams and games to keep up with and if successful then I can think of bigger tournaments, I was a bit surprised to see Iceland and Israel qualifying though.

Group B

Croatia 3 - 0 Iceland

5 picked players took part in the 1st game of the Championships all being picked from Croatia meant that points were on the board for a few players the biggest scorer with 2 assists and a clean sheet was Srna amassing 11 points, followed by man of the match Kranjar with 8pts, Popular pick Modric wasn't far behind on 7pts, Goalscorer Olic with 6pts and finally Defender Corluka with 5pts a good start for all teams involved

Group B

Ukraine 2 - 0 Portugal

A bit of a shock result but Ukraine showed that home advantage can prove to be an excellent factor in football, 7 of our players took part in this contest with 2 being from Ukraine, 1st up was Chygrynskyi who manage to pick up a clean sheet and man of the match unfortunately he did pick up a yellow card so his points for the 1st game are 6, Team-mate Milevskyi also scoring 6pts with a strike he appears to have picked up a knock also so he may not feature in the next game. The Portuguese players didn't fare so well, Goalkeeper Eduardo and the 2 defenders Carvalho and Coentrao all picked up 2 points for playing over 60 mins but these were cancelled out by the 2 goals leaving them yet to score, fortunately for midfield duo Ronaldo and Meireles they dont lose points for conceding so both get their 2pts for appearance

Great start, I like not knowing what the competitions teams are. So in general I agree with Biscotti's review. KUTGW.

Big upset against Portugal, mind they never seem to get anywhere on my save games!

*edit* on a rather pedantic note, you have Croatia, Ukraine, Portugal and Iceland as group B on the sign up but as Group A on the match reports, sorry OCD me!

Group D

Switzerland 1 - 1 Sweden

Three players were selected for this match but unfortunately the Swiss defender Djorou was not picked to play any part so scores no points, fellow defender Senderos picked up a yellow in the 14th minute and the manager must've been worried about his tackling as he was subbed 22 mins later so only playing 36 mins conceding 1 goal and picking up a booking makes him the 1st player in negative figures with -3, the other pick to feature was Swedish captain Ibrahimovic who managed to rescue a point for his nation by scoring a goal, playing the whole 90 mins gave him 6pts

Group D

England 1 - 2 Spain

A big match for both nations and also our participants with 15 picked players taking part in this match, however only 13 saw action with Silva and Pique not featuring the latter due to a mild injury but should be avaliable for the next match so 0pts to each, Starting with the Spanish contingent Keeper Casillas played the full 90 but with conceding 1 goal only scores 1 point, striker Torres also only scoring 1 point due to be taken off injured in the 8th minute, his replacement Villa picked up 2 points for being on the pitch over 60 mins, Sergio Ramos found himself on the score sheet and picked up points for full 90 but lost 1 for conceding giving him 7 pts, which was the same amount achieved by Iniesta after 90 mins and 1 goal, the goal being set up by Xavi who played over 60 mins and totalled 5 points for the match, England's players produced quite a mixed bag, Man of the match Gerrard converterted a penalty and scored 10 points in a match where England had 17 attempts at goal 6 of which were clear cut chances, Rooney and Lampard both recieved 2 points for playing and maybe should've done better. Goalkeeper Hart's 2 appearance points were cancelled out by conceding twice, along with Baines so both scored 0 points, fellow defender A. Cole was not selected for team or bench and also scores 0. Terry, who was a popular pick for most, found himself on the end of a red card for 2nd bookable offence in the 43rd minute, playing less than 60 mins, conceding 2 and a red card gave him -6

Group A

France 1 - 0 Bosnia

France was another popular nation for our participants with 7 players picked in total, however the French coach decided not to play Ribery or Squillaci so both players failed to score points. Popular goalkeeping choice Lloris managed to live up to expectations with a clean sheet earning him 5 points, helped by the defensive duo of Mexes and Sagna who too scored 5 points. The winning goal was scored by Benzema giving his pickers 6 points, Gourcuff also played a full 90 mins giving him 2 points. Two Bosnians were picked and no surprises that Dzeko was one of them, although failing to find the net he picked up 2 points for playing the full match, other pick was the keeper Begovic who played 90 mins but conceded 1 giving him 1 point.

Group A

Poland 0 - 0 Serbia

A goalless draw for these 2 nations in a game with little participation, 2 Serbians were picked by the participants but only 1 by the manager. Kolorov found himself on the subs bench and did not feature, Vidic however did and with keeping the clean sheet gave himself 5 points

Group C

Israel 0 -1 Germany

Despite having a very good game, Israeli captain Benayoun couldn't capitalise on his chances and so recieves only 2 points for playing the full 90 mins, unknown Germans were picked, something of a gamble. A gamble that didn't payoff for Weber as he didn't see any action, Zinn however played over 60 mins so picked up 2 points

Group C

Italy 1 - 1 Russia

The final game of the 1st round of matches ended in a draw, our participants picked 8 Italians, and the manager picked 7 of those. Defender Cassini being the one left out and scoring 0 points. Goalkeeper Buffon and defenders Criscito, Bonucci and Santon all played the full 90 minutes but the goal conceded halved their scores to 1 point each. Midfielder De Rossi and Striking duo Cassano and Pazzini all played the whole match but didn't influence the outcome all scoring 2 points. Russia were represented by 3 players but their manager chose to leave out Kolodin meaning a score of 0 points, Keeper Akinfeev played 90 mins but conceded 1 so scored 1 point. Russian captain Arshavin saw his appearence points cancelled out by a yellow card but he improved to set up the equaliser so scored 3 points.

Group B

Iceland 0 - 1 Ukraine

Milevskyi was rested by the manager for this match, perhaps to kit him fit for the last group game so 0 points scored, Team mate Chygrynskyi however had a stellar defensive performance managing to keep a clean sheet and picking up man of the match in the process 8 points his reward.

Group B

Portugal 2 - 1 Croatia

After their convincing win against Iceland, all eyes were on Croatia's players in this match, they couldn't match that performance partly due to Modric going off injured after 48 mins meaning only 1 point for this match, Olic and Kranjar both played the full match with nothing to show for it apart from 2 points each. Corluka saw his appearance points cancelled out by conceding twice so 0 points, Srna would've had the same fate had it not been for his assist 3 points was his total. Portugal looked much better in this match unfortunately for Carvalho he would not figure and failed to score 0 points for him, Keeper Eduardo and defender Coentrao both conceded a goal so their appearance points were halved, 1 point each. Meireles played the whole match so recieves 2 points and finally captain Ronaldo managed to find the net in this important win so totals 6 points for the match.

Group D

Spain 1 - 0 Switzerland

Swiss defensive duo Senderos and Djorou could not stop Spain from scoring, however they did keep it to 1 goal meaning they picked up 1 point each. Silva was not selected for the match for the 2nd time and scored 0 points, Torres also scored 0 after going off injured in the 1st game. Pique managed 45 mins but went off injured so for a clean sheet and less than 60 mins play he gets 4 points. Casillas and Ramos went 1 better by playing the full 90 and scored 5 points each. Midfield duo Xavi and Iniesta both played over 60 mins and scored 2 points each. Villa managed to find the back of the net with the only goal and scored 6 points this time.

Group D

Sweden 1 - 2 England

Swedish captain Ibrahimovic managed the full 90 mins but little else and picked up 2 points, Terry was suspended for this game and scored 0 points, the same total amassed by Baines who played less than 60 and conceded 1 goal. A. Cole played his 1st game and scored 1 point for over 60 mins and conceding a goal, the same fate enjoyed by keeper Hart. Rooney and Gerrard were merely passengers in this game scoring 2 points each for appearance. Man of the match Lampard weighed in with 8 points after 90 mins and 1 assist.

Group A

Serbia 2 - 1 France

A bit of a shock result this one, Serbian defender Vidic managed to keep the French at bay by only conceding 1 goal and playing 90 mins gives him 1 point, team mate Kolorov however did not feature and goes away with 0 points. French players also scoring 0 points for not playing were Ribery and Squillaci. Keeper Lloris and defender Mexes saw their appearance points cancelled out by 2 goals and also score 0 points, Sagna would've been the same but for a yellow card and ended up on -2 points. Gourcuff again was on the pitch for 90 mins but did not add to that and scored 2 points, for the 2nd game in a row Benzema found the net and weighed in with 6 points.

Group C

Germany 0 - 2 Italy

A vintage display from the Italian saw them win this one, despite Keeper Buffon being taken off Injured after 15 mins he scored 4 points. Defensive duo Criscito and Bonucci played over 60 mins and went one better scoring 5 points a piece. It would've been the same for Santon but a yellow card lowered his total to 3 points. Cassani did not feature though and scored 0 points. De Rossi set up a goal so scored 5 points for playing the full match, Pazzani going slightly better with 6 points for his name on the score sheet. Cassano set up the other goal and a class display earned him man of the match giving him 8 points. It was the same story for the 2 Germans with Zinn playing over 60 mins and scoring 2 points and Weber not playing at all with 0 points

Group C

Russia 3 - 1 Israel

Kolodin scored 0 points again for not being selected, team mate Akinfeev was in goal again for the full 90 mins but conceded once giving him 1 point. Arshavin produced a vintage display setting up a goal and claiming man of the match to give him 8 points for the match. Benayoun again captained the Israeli side but only scored points for playing the full 90 mins giving him 2 points.

Points totals have been updated to end of 2nd round matches

Also when looking through the teams I've realised I missed 1 player in the reports, it is Tosic of Serbia but fortunately(or unfortunately if you picked them) they haven't played any games to score points so it doesn't affect the points totals

No doubt my selection of Chygrynskyi has moved me into this position, would be more if I picked the right Spanish Striker, stupid Torres.

So far he's proved a great pick, but everyone has a great chance of winning cause we don't know what'll happen in the last round of group games(that includes me, I haven't gone on to see what happens, I like the mystery)

Archived