[FM11] 1 Manager, 6 Players - We Shall Rise

iBR0Xi

We Shall Rise

footy.png

*Warning*

The next 2 paragraphs are just breaking you in, choose to skip if you wish. It has no career information of any kind.

Intro

Hello everyone! Thought I'd start my own career in FM2011 and share the experience with you guys. (or atleast those of you who are even remotely interested, aha!) I just got a new computer, custom built so I thought I could run alot of leagues and make the game more dynamic for myself. Anyway I've been a huge fan of Football Manager for a number of years and also love popping onto these forums every night I got some spare time to read the career updates from many of you and I don't have a specific favourite but the main one which got me into the career updates was dafuge, so a big thanks to him and all you other career bloggers, my hat goes off to all of you!

About Me

So before I crack on with the epic career I'm about to embark on (with a twist) I would just like to spill the beans on me and my life... I always think it's better to know about the person whos career you are following. So I'll keep it very brief. My names Jamie, I'm 20, my star sign is Gemini and I'm from Scotland. I got 2 jobs, one with the bank which is full time, then the other is more voluntary work which I do for the police, with my role being Special Constable. I'm not a huge fan of games although I do like several, to name a few; FIFA, Pro Evo and of course Football Manager!

About The Career

So the career name if you've not got it already will be called "We Shall Rise". Okay I know it's abit of a cliché, but hey! I'm only doing this for fun so give me a break aha, I'm sure you's will! This Career is going to have TONS of Stats! I will update on a regular basis (atleast twice a week!) Now here's the twist to my career, just to make it abit different I will be adding 11 (changed to 6 on start, as only 6 signed up) players of my own via editor with no club assigned. Now these players will all be numbered, put into a random generator and CA will be fired out to me. The CA will be from 120 to 190! I could potentially end up with 11 (6) flops, or 11 (6)stars! I will blog on the careers of the players and also my manager career. I am allowed to use these players (if i can afford them). All players have now been selected since the start of the career and it is now underway so have a great time following and reading!

- Jamie

Career Setup

Game: Football Manager 2011

Version: 3.0

Edits: The 6 custom players added from forums

Leagues Loaded

Argentina (Premier Division)

Belgium (Pro League)

Brazil (First Division)

England (Blue Square Bet N/S)

France (Ligue 2)

Germany (Second Division)

Holland (Eredivisie)

Italy (Serie B)

N.Ireland (Premier Division)

Portugal (Liga ZON Sagres)

Russia (Premier Division)

Scotland (Third Division)

Spain (LIGA adelante)

Turkey (Premier Division)

U.S.A. (MLS)

Game Start: England (July, 2010)

Database Size: Large

Player Count Approx: 66,000

Advanced Options: Everything ticked (Exept enable player attribute masking)

Some Stats

Okay in total there were 5 players including myself, so 6 players that have signed up.

This is where all the stats of the players will appear, so for the people that have signed up, below you will find your profile number, you link that number with the CA number on the YouTube video, which was basicly randomized. If you don't want to know your CA don't click the video link, but you can still view your profile number.

So thats all the stats there for the beginning, everyone looks amazing, this is gonna be great!

To put your application forward as a player pick a position below that is free then send me the following details.

The following details can be real or fake, you decide!

Forname Wicked

Surname Winger

D.O.B Doesn't matter

City of birth London

Nationality Turkish

Height quite small

Weight quite light

Skin tone (according to editor) don't have editor, white please

Hair colour (according to editor) again, don't have editor, black please

Left or right footed.. or both? Left

any details missed out will either be randomized or set to unknown if applicable.

Positions

1 (GK) -

2 (RB) -

3 (CB) -

4 (CB) -

5 (LB) -

6 (RM) -

7 (CM) -

8 (CM) -

9 (LM) - ME

10 (ST) -

11 (ST) - Position filled by Myself

I hope you can work all this out, great idea BTW

Welcome aboard both Rudi & Luke, I wish both of you every success in this new career, I'm sure you can both be world class, fingers crossed!

Lets hope we can get the next 6 positions filled tonight!

STILL 3 DEFENDERS & 3 MIDFIELD POSITIONS UP FOR GRABS! C'mon folks!

Okay it doesn't look like the last 6 positions will be filled tonight, I'll be back on tommorow guys so send me a pm or reply if you want on the team. First come first offered a place.

The deadline will be for 5pm tomoz, if any positions are left empty I will randomly generate the last 6 positions!

Welcome aboard Sgt Kelly, lets hope you have a sublime career and maybe another Vinnie Jones/Gazza incident waiting to happen somewhere in there, aha!

Anyway 5 positions left now people and 50 minutes left to deadline! All players to be in for 5pm GMT!

Thanks!

Okay thats the applications closed, there was only 5 + myself which made 6 players, I'll use a random name generator to generate the last 5, just so the title still makes sence. So I'll implement the players into the game and get all ready to boot up and get started! Hopefully we'll be all suited & booted ready to roll by around 6pm! Maybe abit later, check back for more updates, thanks!

Game now loading as I type this, career setup now posted on post number 2 & within the next hour I will get profile photos of the 6 players who are about to start their careers, oh yea and not forgetting the manager!

Wow, the stats pretty much nailed me in real life, except my stamina and natural fitness would probably be higher buy yeah, out of the teams who want me, Hoffenheim, Karabukspor, Konyaspor, Genclerbirligi and Standard I'd probably go to Hoffenheim where we can use the fast striker exploit with Babel to score loads of goals. Standard wouldn't be bad either and I would definitely pick Genclerbirligi out of the teams in Turkey as they are a team I know that have quality.

So a few days in, about 10 job applications later, I got 2 offers, one from Thurrock in the Blue Square Bet South & the other from Soulhill Moors in Blue Square North and after some thinking I have chosen Thurrock. I won't lie my reason behind it is because the job looks abit easier. I have made it hard for myself allready by choosing Sunday-League footballer. Time to start building my career up as a manager.

My Offer Here

I will play through to January before I post any progress, then give a mass update on what has happened with pics & vids (if necessary).

In other news here is the current offers:

• Rudi Ogris (Kapfenberger Sportvereinigung)
  • Matthew Cooper (Liverpool, Juventus & Fiorentina)
  • Billy Wellard (Derby, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Q.P.R, Hearts, Liverpool, Aston Villa)
  • Wicked Winger (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)
  • Luke Pniewski (Chelsea, Man Utd)
  • Jamie Watson (Man Utd)

Hey guys, sorry I never updated sooner, been at work all week. Apart from that it's down to me playing the game, lol. Anyway I got the long weekend for plenty of updates, exept Sunday as thats old firm day, major match for Rangers & Celtic, like a league decider, so it's pub for me. No doubt hangover on Monday so I'll try get an update or 2 in then. Anyway this update is just a short one to let you see the progress of both players & manager/club after 6 months!

Rudi Ogris

Matthew Cooper

Billy Wellard

Wicked Winger

Luke Pniewski

Jamie Watson

In other news... things are NOT looking good, I have got off to a very poor start but it's not too late to turn things around for the second half of the season. I just need a serious rethink of both my tactics and my squad, our expected finish was 12th, which is still far within our grasp. Have a look below at the table standings, you'll see how poor I'm doing. No matter what, I won't be going anywhere without a fight!

League Table

Before I continue with the next 6 months, trying to claw my way back into the league, heres a little video which shows Thurrock, being the fighting team they can be. I managed to come from 2-0 behind to 3-2 up with roughly 15 minutes left, it did finish 3-3 but all the goals in the match started at 73rd minute onwards. It was only a pre-season friendly, but this shows we can comeback, we WILL comeback!

Great Wakering 3 v 3 Thurrock

(oh and the goal to put us 3-2 up was a sublime strike!)

Next update aims: be within top 15th of table

Surprised Billy actually got into the team at Derby.

Didn't turn out as I'd hoped though. 1.33 tackling, only 5 yellow cards and not a single red. :mad:

On the upside he may well be the first one you can look at signing.

Some things for you to have a glance at for Matthew Cooper & You finally got an international debut in a 3-1 win to Denmark!

Matthew Cooper

In other news, I've been sacked from Thurrock. I deserved it. Thats all I can say, I brought in too many attacking players as this is my first time trying lower English leagues I wasn't sure what to expect. I am finding it really tough, but to my surprise Eastleigh who beat me 3-1 after me going up 1-0 when I was in charge at Thurrock offered me a job, as they were predicated to finish 9th, and are currently sitting 16th. As you's probably already know, I'm a very ambitious person, hence my sacking in the last club. This time I am going to try and keep my feet on the ground and be realistic. I will aim to shoot the club up the table as much as I can. My aim will be top 10! I have played 1 match so far, and won it 4-3. The match speaks for itself, I went down 1-0 then up 2-1, after then it was tit-for-tat. Some pics below of my new clubs current situation and my first match in charge!

Current league situation

First match in charge of Eastleigh

Wish me luck guys... I'm gonna need it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived