Can Regional Divisions Vary in Number of Teams?

dec2k

So I have successfully applied the regional boundaries for the Slovenian league system. The first and second league are not regional. The third league is split into West and East. Two teams get relegated from the second league. Therefore, if those two teams are from the West, they successfully get relegated in the Western division. Consequently, a random team from that Western division automatically fills the "empty" space in the Eastern division.

Therefore, my question is - Is it possible for divisions to vary in the amount of teams from season to season? Or is the number of teams fixed after you run the game? Hope someone knows the answer and is kind enough to reply.

I tried with adv. panel, but no luck. Perhaps I'm not good enough in using it. I'm quite sure it has something to do with setting the min. and max. amount of teams in leage in the editor. Nonetheless, I just can't get it to work ingame. :/

You can with the advanced panels and I've achieved this with my England expansion file.

In my version 3 file, to be uploaded today or tomorrow, I've enabled a regional tier that currently operates with 1 x 23 team, 4 x 22 team and 1 x 21 team to revert to 6 x 22 team divisions after the first season.

It is possible to set different settings and assign these to activate in a specific season.

You will need to create a division for each of the circumstances. I.e. I have had to create 3 versions of my regional tier to tell the game how it will work with 21, 22 or 23 teams.

Important fields in the advanced panels to look for...

Valid Years

Number extra lower division teams to be promoted

Number extra teams to be added to child competition

This sounds quite simple, yet for a noob like me, it is perplexing. :( I was only able to find the "Valid Years" field, no idea where the other two are. Nevertheless, I've taken a look at your league files (fantastic job, btw!) in the editor, and tried doing the same for my regional divisions. I have created three versions of my regional tier, and now I am waiting if it will work. It all looked too simple, so I'm afraid it won't, but if you are so kind and have the time, would you care to explain if I overlooked something. It's basically like this - two teams from the second league get relegated. The third league consists of an Eastern and Western division, from which one team gets promoted. Naturally, the problem occurs when two teams from the same region get relegated, thus resulting in one ending up in the wrong division. :confused:

uncle ron's file is amazing

i ve learned a lot with it.

but (sadly) that is not the solution.

there is no solution for regional issues right now, because game keeps the same number of teams since the beginning. It never changes.

if "west" starts with 20 teams... next year will be 20...not 21 nor 19... remains in "20" forever.

nothing can fix it until SI allow leagues/groups to change their places number trough the years.

uncle ron's file is amazing

i ve learned a lot with it.

but (sadly) that is not the solution.

there is no solution for regional issues right now, because game keeps the same number of teams since the beginning. It never changes.

if "west" starts with 20 teams... next year will be 20...not 21 nor 19... remains in "20" forever.

nothing can fix it until SI allow leagues/groups to change their places number trough the years.

That is not true.. the game does allow different number of teams. You have to tell it in which years to operate with a different number of teams, how it achieves that reduction / enlargement, and create different versions of the same division for each different number of teams.

uncle ron - you misunderstand the issue here. Your suggestion still implies a fixed number of teams. In your file you just determine this fixed number in advance for a defined number of years via the editor. But the issue outlined by dec2k stems from the fact that, depending on which teams get relegated from the national tier, the regional divisions can't dynamically adapt to it. That was the question, and I fear that there is no solution to it. :(

uncle ron - you misunderstand the issue here. Your suggestion still implies a fixed number of teams. In your file you just determine this fixed number in advance for a defined number of years via the editor. But the issue outlined by dec2k stems from the fact that, depending on which teams get relegated from the national tier, the regional divisions can't dynamically adapt to it. That was the question, and I fear that there is no solution to it. :(

Ahhh noted... :)

Archived